RoseGarden

RoseGarden

Alone & Unloved
Apr 10, 2024
I see a lot of people's SN plan include 600-800mg of Ibuprofen to manage the stomach pain. Ibuprofen can upset your stomach so wouldn't it be better to use acetaminophen? Or is there a reason for Ibuprofen to be used, like managing any inflammation?

Reactions: iloveloving, Plato'sCaveDweller and Tony24
Plato'sCaveDweller

Plato'sCaveDweller

Sleep is good, death is better.
Sep 2, 2024
i plan on using acetaminophen for this reason. ibuprofen has always been rough on my stomach, and my stomach's already gonna be pretty unhappy once the SN hits it.

not sure about ibuprofen and inflammation though. but i don't think inflammation is a concern with SN. the main concerns that can be mitigated with meds are nausea, gastric emptying speed, stomach acid presence, tachycardia, speed of unconsciousness, and pain (might be some others too). so unless i'm missing something (which is always possible), i think acetaminophen is probably a safer bet unless you have a specific reaction to the drug that makes ibuprofen a better option.

Reactions: RoseGarden
RoseGarden

RoseGarden

Alone & Unloved
Apr 10, 2024
i plan on using acetaminophen for this reason. ibuprofen has always been rough on my stomach, and my stomach's already gonna be pretty unhappy once the SN hits it.

not sure about ibuprofen and inflammation though. but i don't think inflammation is a concern with SN. the main concerns that can be mitigated with meds are nausea, gastric emptying speed, stomach acid presence, tachycardia, speed of unconsciousness, and pain (might be some others too). so unless i'm missing something (which is always possible), i think acetaminophen is probably a safer bet unless you have a specific reaction to the drug that makes ibuprofen a better option.
I also plan to use Acetaminophen, but partly because I have a bottle of 325mg Acetominophen/10mg Hydrocodone tablets from the last time I had kidney stones. Next time I go in to the doctor I'll ask about meto, claiming nausea from kidney stones. I have a history of it, and have been prescribed meto before so it should be easy. After that, I'll have everything I need, and I should be gone. I hate having to wait so long but I'd rather get it right than risk hospitalization from a hasty attempt.

Reactions: Plato'sCaveDweller