RedDEE

RedDEE

Life sucks and then you die.
May 10, 2019
I love marijuana. It's the only thing that completely cures all of my depression, anxiety, everything. It makes me happy, and it makes life worth living.

But I'm not allowed to smoke weed. About 7 years ago I got into legal trouble, and I was put on 10 years probation, and I get piss tested every month. I already violated probation once for failing a piss test for marijuana, and I went to jail for 6 months. If I violate probation again, the judge said I'll get an automatic 2 years back in jail.

My true love is marijuana. But because of a bad mistake I made 7 years ago, I'm not allowed to smoke it. The only thing that would give my life meaning and make it worth living, I'm not allowed to have because I'll go to jail.

It's a fucking cruel joke. I want to CTB and go to Marijuana heaven.

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: daddy Phil :), NeverGrowUp, It'sNotLookingGood and 16 others
A

alexit

Mage
Jun 3, 2020
There are other drugs that can give a similar or different but still good high. And drug tests don't test for everything. Kratom is one easy place to start.

Reactions: Huntfish34, SunnyPotato and Wayfaerer
RedDEE

RedDEE

Life sucks and then you die.
May 10, 2019
There are other drugs that can give a similar or different but still good high. And drug tests don't test for everything. Kratom is one easy place to start.

Kratom just gives me a headache.

I'm a drug geek. I've tried so many drugs. I was smoking meth, and stopping 7 days before my piss test. But meth burns me out makes me crazy.

No, man. Only Marijuana does "it" for me. No other drug comes close.

• Aww..
Reactions: daddy Phil :)
Sarahlynn

Sarahlynn

Deep breath, stand back, it's time.
Aug 19, 2020
Aw, wow, that's rough. I'm currently not able to myself as I might get new meds soon, and I bet they will test me before they put me on it. So to not delay, I just leave it for now. But I have a lot of edibles in the freezer so it's hard...

Sucks that it sticks so long in urine! But as Alexit says, there are many options. I like MDMA and LSD, the former can't be detected for more than a few days, and the latter they usually don't even test for. Both can help with mental issues as well!

• Love
Reactions: Huntfish34
A

alexit

Mage
Jun 3, 2020
Kratom just gives me a headache.

I'm a drug geek. I've tried so many drugs. I was smoking meth, and stopping 7 days before my piss test. But meth burns me out makes me crazy.

No, man. Only Marijuana does "it" for me. No other drug comes close.
ok. fair enough. that's how how i feel about psychedelics. You and are I very similar in that sense. Quite literally the only the keeping me around is the dream that I can have a life in which I can regularly get high.

Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
Marijuana should be legal. Asinine that it isn't.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Lost in a Dream, Huntfish34 and 7 others
the witch’s lament

the witch’s lament

Sep 5, 2020
I feel pretty similarly to you. I stopped smoking weed purely out of unavailability for me, but I could tell it was much better at alleviating my anxiety than most things. the thing that has helped me the most over the years was klonopin. I was on it for a year or so, but after I had a drug related failed CTB, they discontinued it. that was three years ago and I still think of it often.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and Huntfish34
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
I feel you. I was either pregnant or breastfeeding for the span of 8 years, so couldn't have weed. Weaned my 2 year old about six months ago, so can finally have it again. Dry spells suck since mj helps so much. It sounds like most of your time has passed. I know you want to ctb, or I would say hang in there. If you're still with us when your probation ends we should have a group toke out to celebrate.

• Love
Reactions: icanhasnick and Huntfish34
muffin222

muffin222

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2020
Weed does offer amazing relief from so many ailments and pains. I love it. I'm sorry you can't use it :( It's so twisted that weed is even illegal in the first place

• Love
Reactions: Good4Nothing, Lost in a Dream, Huntfish34 and 1 other person
A

alexit

Mage
Jun 3, 2020
Can you eventually move to somewhere where it's legal? I imagine you can't now or maybe you can.... But that's my plan: To eventually move to somewhere where my favourite drugs are accessible.

• Love
Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
I love marijuana. It's the only thing that completely cures all of my depression, anxiety, everything. It makes me happy, and it makes life worth living.

But I'm not allowed to smoke weed. About 7 years ago I got into legal trouble, and I was put on 10 years probation, and I get piss tested every month. I already violated probation once for failing a piss test for marijuana, and I went to jail for 6 months. If I violate probation again, the judge said I'll get an automatic 2 years back in jail.

My true love is marijuana. But because of a bad mistake I made 7 years ago, I'm not allowed to smoke it. The only thing that would give my life meaning and make it worth living, I'm not allowed to have because I'll go to jail.

It's a fucking cruel joke. I want to CTB and go to Marijuana heaven.
Snoop doggy dog, one of the wisest people on the planet imo, encourages us to... Smoke weed everyday. And his best friend is a doctor.Id put that your probation officer.
Sorry about your situation. It really should be legalised imo.

• Love
Reactions: Lost in a Dream and Huntfish34
W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
The idea that there are people in jail for smoking weed is one of the great injustices of our time. Our prisons would be far less crowded, our justice systems less backlogged, and law enforcement more useful if we didn't commit time to policing the use of marijuana.

My husband has a medical authorization for it, but still couldn't use it while on probation, because his PO said it was important he not use any mind-altering substances. Thankfully that PO eventually retired, but it was really challenging for my husband.

• Love
Reactions: Good4Nothing, Huntfish34, Lostandlooking and 1 other person
GravityUtilizer

GravityUtilizer

Born to lose
May 22, 2020
Damn that's rough! Sorry for that.

Shades of Grey

Shades of Grey

Student
Jun 17, 2020
I will confess that I'm not very knowledgeable about probation... I'm assuming (much like alcohol) that it wouldn't matter if you were legally able to consume it (whether via a medical MJ card or relocation to a state where it's legal)?

I sympathize, as low-dose edibles are by far the most effective thing I've tried for insomnia and the nighttime anxiety that generally accompanies it. I am probably still here today in part because a couple of friends advised me to try the stuff.

You've made it nearly three quarters of the way through. (Props to you!) I know the remaining three years probably feel like an eternity right now, but this period is finite, and (even if it doesn't feel that way) you are so close to freedom.

I'm sorry. ❤

• Love
Reactions: Lost in a Dream, Huntfish34 and Ghost2211
Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
One thing I'll never understand is how cigarettes and alcohol are legal, but weed isn't

• Love
Reactions: Good4Nothing, Lost in a Dream, Huntfish34 and 4 others
Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Working towards recovery.
Jul 9, 2020
Have you tried cbd? Bought some cbd isolate and I used to add it to my roll up cigarettes/vape it. It doesn't make you happy like thc but it relieves anxiety pretty well, at least for me anyway. It doesn't show up on tests because it has no thc and it's legal.

Shades of Grey

Shades of Grey

Student
Jun 17, 2020
Have you tried cbd? Bought some cbd isolate and I used to add it to my roll up cigarettes/vape it. It doesn't make you happy like thc but it relieves anxiety pretty well, at least for me anyway. It doesn't show up on tests because it has no thc and it's legal.
I would be very careful about this and speak with the powers that be or legal counsel before considering it. CBD can contain trace amounts of THC. If imprisonment is on the table, OP needs to be absolutely certain that they're not going to find themselves in violation.

Reactions: Lost in a Dream, Sarahlynn and Huntfish34
PJFord

PJFord

Student
Jul 27, 2020
I live in California and think this state is pretty fucked up due to our ultra liberal politician leaders. But one thing we voters did right was legalize recreational use. Medical has been legal for many years. I had arthritis in my right hip and was in pain 24/7 before getting it replaced two years ago. The only substance that helped was cannabis. It should be legal nationwide and dispensaries should be allowed to use the banking system to avoid crime from the massive amount of cash that is handled. I don't smoke unless visiting a buddy, but I swear by tinctures and gummies.

@RedDEE , I'm bummed to hear something so innocuous that helps you is prohibited to you. Many people here who were put in prison for cannabis have had their sentences commuted and they were released. Let's hope national leadership grows up, and then maybe probation rules will be changed as well.

• Love
Reactions: Good4Nothing, Lost in a Dream, icanhasnick and 1 other person
SunnyPotato

SunnyPotato

Aug 31, 2020
The person I live with is in legal trouble so now I can't use cannabis either. Its a huge reason I'm just now on this forum despite thoughts of ctb for years. Life was barely bearable, physical and mental pain less in the forefront. I could think a full coherent thought. Not anymore. I really feel you friend, its so fucked, im sorry.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Lost in a Dream, Huntfish34 and alexit
marcusuk63

marcusuk63

CTB
Mar 24, 2019
let's take a look at some stats .
ALCOHOL
alcohol contributed to more than 200 diseases
Globally, alcohol misuse was the fifth leading risk factor for premature death and disability
1,825 college students between the ages of 18 and 24 die from alcohol-related unintentional injuries annually in the US
696,000 students between the ages of 18 and 24 are assaulted by another student who has been drinking annually in the US
In 2012, 3.3 million deaths, or 5.9 percent of all global deaths were attributable to alcohol

CANNABIS

A 2014 study in Forensic Science International reported two cases of sudden death that doctors linked to health complications possibly worsened by marijuana use. The report indicated that before these deaths, the researchers were not aware of any other deaths related to marijuana use alone.

THAT`S IT

the trouble is you can simply plant a seed and grow your own , alcohol and tobacco isn't so easy and governments make billions off both and nothing of weed .Why is it illegal ? if money was no object and you took the government to court how could they possible win ? what would be argument compared to why alcohol is legal ?

Reactions: Good4Nothing and Lost in a Dream
miguel6565

miguel6565

Arcanist
Apr 5, 2020
i can relate to all your words,when i am high i feel good for once in time,i feel kinda happy and not anxious at all,i could do anything it cures depression and give me strength to do anything,literally anything i could work have a girlfriend etc...,im sorry you cannot smoke and wish someday you can be able to be high all day,hugs:hug::heart:

N

NeverGrowUp

Oct 2, 2020
I feel this, it is the only solitary thing keeping me on this planet. When you have BPD and Bipolar II like I do, it unfortunately becomes the only thing I live for and I consume it all day everyday. I dropped out of university and don't want to sit at home smoking all the time feeling like a failure.
Once I hopefully get SSI and move out (or live in some capacity not exactly under my parents roof) I will resume the habit.
If our laws don't allow for euthanasia for these conditions then I have no qualms about receiving government money and being a stoner. Might sound bad but if they don't want to pass advanced laws like places such as Belgium they will get someone like me reliant on the system for the rest of my life.

You should really consider staying alive long enough for the probation to end so you can experience cannabis again. It'll be a hell of an experience after so long being sober! :heart:

• Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211