• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Cryptonite

Cryptonite

In the state of shock of what happened
Apr 30, 2022
Hi everyone,

these days I'm trying to come up with various ideas how to get my SI under control. I've been checking out threads of people who successfuly CTBed and it seems that believing in afterlife makes CTB much easier.,

Unfortunately, I've always idolized the "Western scientific thinking" and now I have nothing to lean on. Do you think psychedelics could help expand my horizons, in terms of afterlife?

Thank you very much.

Reactions: Shivali, archipelago and NoLightRemains
NoLightRemains

NoLightRemains

I found my light again. Namu Amida Butsu
Sep 26, 2021
I do agree that the people I personally know who have succeeded all had some form of afterlife to look forward to. I am in a similar problem where my mind struggles to buy into an afterlife, no matter how much I wish it to be the case.

Psychedelics may help. Sometimes I feel a vague sense of spirituality and "connection" to the universe that is very peaceful for a short while after doing psychedelics. You might have better luck than me with them.

Reactions: Cryptonite
Cryptonite

Cryptonite

Apr 30, 2022
I do agree that the people I personally know who have succeeded all had some form of afterlife to look forward to. I am in a similar problem where my mind struggles to buy into an afterlife, no matter how much I wish it to be the case.

Psychedelics may help. Sometimes I feel a vague sense of spirituality and "connection" to the universe that is very peaceful for a short while after doing psychedelics. You might have better luck than me with them.
Thanks for confirming my findings. Which kind of psychedelics did you use? Did you experience the full-blown trip with ego death?

Venus13

Venus13

-
Oct 2, 2022
I always felt not believing in an afterlife helps ctb. Nothing to see there, nothing to worry about. I guess it's always greener.

I worry about the bullshit that might on the otherside as a natural believer. Actually, I think metaphysical belief is the number 1 thing that holds me back.

Personally, DMT is the only one I've seen where atheists rethink their position. Shrooms, lsd, and even ayahuasca might not do the trick.

Reactions: 👁️👃👁️ and Cryptonite
Cryptonite

Cryptonite

Apr 30, 2022
I always felt not believing in an afterlife helps ctb. Nothing to see there, nothing to worry about. I guess it's always greener.

I worry about the bullshit that might on the otherside as a natural believer. Actually, I think metaphysical belief is the number 1 thing that holds me back.

Personally, DMT is the only one I've seen where atheists rethink their position. Shrooms, lsd, and even ayahuasca might not do the trick.
Yes, that's what I've read to, DMT gives the most complete experience.

This is what still holds me back from taking psychedelics. It may go well, but it also may go wrong. Maybe afterlife will help, but maybe also make me afraid. It is like a lottery.

Reactions: NoLightRemains and Venus13
NoLightRemains

NoLightRemains

I found my light again. Namu Amida Butsu
Sep 26, 2021
Thanks for confirming my findings. Which kind of psychedelics did you use? Did you experience the full-blown trip with ego death?
I've used LSD, mushrooms, and IV ketamine in a clinic. Most of my experiences were before my latest traumas/declines in health and I was not trying to believe in an afterlife. I'd say LSD has the most powerful peak for me with the greatest disassociation from my ego (I'm skeptical if I fully got there, it's possible I may still be able to go "deeper.") A warning that LSD lasts MUCH longer than the other two drugs I listed.

Psychedelics make me feel a bit less psychologically distressed and tend to increase my mood short-term. This increased mood was actually what gave me the energy needed to order SN. It may be worth exploring as part of your journey.

F

freight_train

Oct 14, 2022
you wont find any truth on drugs, you either have a framework for understanding what the brain is doing or you start believing in nonsense. sorry but there's just nothing on the other side

universe

universe

Experienced
Jul 15, 2022
Hello,
I can't help you too much with psychedelics because I don't use them. Only once I had hallucinations with narcotics and it was not very conclusive or even frightening: the feeling of being manipulated from the start, that my life had been created in a laboratory and that I was artificially kept in life in a test tube.

However, I can give you my point of view on the evolution of my beliefs with the approach of the CTB and with the SI. I never believed in God or an afterlife. For me there is nothing except the universe.
However, I am sensitive to the issue of NDEs. I didn't experience one in the clinical sense of the term, but I saw myself dying. I saw a great white light, and I felt propelled towards the sky. An angel silhouette was waiting for me and I felt a sense of fullness, peace, happiness and perfect love. Even if I'm very Cartesian, these experiences can help put death into perspective and say that it's just a sweet passage. Today I can't wait for my CTB to relive this experience! I keep thinking about it and wanting to go back for years.

Also, from the moment the CTB got serious, I felt the compulsive urge to go to church. I learned a little on the subject and even if that did not change anything with my beliefs, I reconciled myself a little with the religions. I even find a lot of beauty there sometimes. I feel a lot of emotions when faced with certain religious stories that echo my suffering.

For a while, I also watched a lot of reports on space, the universe can greatly relativize the importance of life on Earth. This allows us to realize our insignificance, the mystery of the universe, the beauty of nothingness and the absence of life. It makes me want to join him. Practicing lucid dreaming can also help here.

All these experiences made me relativize death. There are so many different beliefs, different experiences and beauty in death that I believe that I'm calmly approach my imminent end of life. However, I keep in mind the fact that the SI can come back at any time, it's a real inner fight.

Sorry for the length of the text, I hope you find help with your questions.

• Informative
Reactions: Venus13 and Cryptonite
Cryptonite

Cryptonite

Apr 30, 2022
Hello,
I can't help you too much with psychedelics because I don't use them. Only once I had hallucinations with narcotics and it was not very conclusive or even frightening: the feeling of being manipulated from the start, that my life had been created in a laboratory and that I was artificially kept in life in a test tube.

However, I can give you my point of view on the evolution of my beliefs with the approach of the CTB and with the SI. I never believed in God or an afterlife. For me there is nothing except the universe.
However, I am sensitive to the issue of NDEs. I didn't experience one in the clinical sense of the term, but I saw myself dying. I saw a great white light, and I felt propelled towards the sky. An angel silhouette was waiting for me and I felt a sense of fullness, peace, happiness and perfect love. Even if I'm very Cartesian, these experiences can help put death into perspective and say that it's just a sweet passage. Today I can't wait for my CTB to relive this experience! I keep thinking about it and wanting to go back for years.

Also, from the moment the CTB got serious, I felt the compulsive urge to go to church. I learned a little on the subject and even if that did not change anything with my beliefs, I reconciled myself a little with the religions. I even find a lot of beauty there sometimes. I feel a lot of emotions when faced with certain religious stories that echo my suffering.

For a while, I also watched a lot of reports on space, the universe can greatly relativize the importance of life on Earth. This allows us to realize our insignificance, the mystery of the universe, the beauty of nothingness and the absence of life. It makes me want to join him. Practicing lucid dreaming can also help here.

All these experiences made me relativize death. There are so many different beliefs, different experiences and beauty in death that I believe that I'm calmly approach my imminent end of life. However, I keep in mind the fact that the SI can come back at any time, it's a real inner fight.

Sorry for the length of the text, I hope you find help with your questions.
Thank you, your post is very helpful. Relativizing our life by understanding the universe, this seems like exactly the right way to move forward. Perfect.

• Love
Reactions: universe
Ticket 2 Heaven

Ticket 2 Heaven

Oct 2, 2021
ONE of the big reasons why I am suicidal is because of my looks. What if i look the same in the afterlife?

Cryptonite

Cryptonite

Apr 30, 2022
ONE of the big reasons why I am suicidal is because of my looks. What if i look the same in the afterlife?
This is the worst thing about psychedelics, as compared to benzos. Benzos have a milder effect on SI, but you get exactly what you expect. However, with psychedelics, you can get potentially a stronger effect on SI, but there is a risk you will see something traumatizing instead and SI will go up.

universe

universe

Experienced
Jul 15, 2022
Thank you, your post is very helpful. Relativizing our life by understanding the universe, this seems like exactly the right way to move forward. Perfect.
Carefree. Actively inquiring about the universe eventually confirmed that life was nonsense, meaningless. Even though I already thought so, it heightened my feelings.
I ended up constantly living with this idea that we live in the universe and not just on Earth. When we focus too much on the universe, we stop living only in an earthly dimension and we gradually move away from life and the living. I imagine that is part of your goal.

happy to have helped you.

Reactions: NoLightRemains and Cryptonite
👁

👁️👃👁️

Enlightened
Aug 14, 2022
you wont find any truth on drugs, you either have a framework for understanding what the brain is doing or you start believing in nonsense. sorry but there's just nothing on the other side
Sorry but that's just your experience and sorry you don't know what's on the other side nobody does not even science.
OP honestly I've had my fair share of dabbling with psychedelics, I can tell you know I've never hallucinated anything that wasn't there. Things do begin to breathe and move around and I begin to see a ton of colors that I normally don't see. I've never hallucinated something that wasn't there though. I mean I guess I have on DMT when I close my eyes. I do see geometric patterns as well if you consider that a hallucination. The only time I've ever experienced something that wasn't there is when I took a ton of Benadryl or when I stayed up for days on in on methamphetamine. The thing with psychedelics is no one can explain the experience to you because it's different for everyone. I'd say to just have the experience and go into it with an open mind but make sure you prepare beforehand and have an intention in mind. Mindset and setting is also a very important factor.
Nobody can really explain to you what a psychedelic experience is like. It is something that can't be explain through our language.
I would highly suggest making sure you're not taking any research chemicals though. My rule has always been "if It's bitter it's a spitter" unless I'm by myself. If I'm by myself I'll take anything I don't really care. Although I wouldn't recommend that to you. I'm not sure if you have a good friend that you could possibly hang out with that you trust or you could talk to on the phone while you're going through the experience but that may help a lot. Maybe someone who is experienced with psychedelics as well. Good luck.
This is the worst thing about psychedelics, as compared to benzos. Benzos have a milder effect on SI, but you get exactly what you expect. However, with psychedelics, you can get potentially a stronger effect on SI, but there is a risk you will see something traumatizing instead and SI will go up.
From you personally I've never experienced anything traumatizing unless I was thinking about it in the back of my mind. For me I feel like the things I was afraid of and focused on the most is what was magnified. When I'm on psychedelics if I'm thinking about negative thoughts I just have a terrible experience usually. Whenever I start having or not so good experience I just have to remind myself that everything's okay and focus on my breath. Going outside looking at the trees and the sky is always nice. Some people enjoy staying inside but I don't really know I don't enjoy being inside that much unless I'm having more of an emotional trip than I like to be by myself in a dark room or in a comfortable setting. I do find that being around technology irritates me when I'm on psychedelic though so I always end up outside at some point. Whatever you do just remember to breathe and don't resist. I will say I haven't taken psychedelics being in a suicidal State of mind before I don't know how that would play out. It may help who knows.. they have helped me a ton in the past overcome depression and anxiety.. but I've also had some pretty painful journey which in the end I've always learned the most from but.. idk. Some people do have really bad experiences but I don't want to project that to you. I did have one experience where it became way too much and all I could think about was killing myself.. it was during one of those what you call ego deaths.. I just surrendered to the experience layed in the grass and focused on my breath and reminding myself that everything was going to be okay and the feeling passed.
In terms of afterlife or something like that I don't know. Every time I take mushrooms I feel like I've been here before. I start to have intense deja Vu and just this nostalgic feeling of having been alive before. It's weird. Utilizing DMT I've also seen different dimensions it seems like and traveled through different timelines. It's weird stuff.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Cryptonite and Venus13
Cryptonite

Cryptonite

Apr 30, 2022
Sorry but that's just your experience and sorry you don't know what's on the other side nobody does not even science.
OP honestly I've had my fair share of dabbling with psychedelics, I can tell you know I've never hallucinated anything that wasn't there. Things do begin to breathe and move around and I begin to see a ton of colors that I normally don't see. I've never hallucinated something that wasn't there though. I mean I guess I have on DMT when I close my eyes. I do see geometric patterns as well if you consider that a hallucination. The only time I've ever experienced something that wasn't there is when I took a ton of Benadryl or when I stayed up for days on in on methamphetamine. The thing with psychedelics is no one can explain the experience to you because it's different for everyone. I'd say to just have the experience and go into it with an open mind but make sure you prepare beforehand and have an intention in mind. Mindset and setting is also a very important factor.
Nobody can really explain to you what a psychedelic experience is like. It is something that can't be explain through our language.
I would highly suggest making sure you're not taking any research chemicals though. My rule has always been "if It's bitter it's a spitter" unless I'm by myself. If I'm by myself I'll take anything I don't really care. Although I wouldn't recommend that to you. I'm not sure if you have a good friend that you could possibly hang out with that you trust or you could talk to on the phone while you're going through the experience but that may help a lot. Maybe someone who is experienced with psychedelics as well. Good luck.

From you personally I've never experienced anything traumatizing unless I was thinking about it in the back of my mind. For me I feel like the things I was afraid of and focused on the most is what was magnified. When I'm on psychedelics if I'm thinking about negative thoughts I just have a terrible experience usually. Whenever I start having or not so good experience I just have to remind myself that everything's okay and focus on my breath. Going outside looking at the trees and the sky is always nice. Some people enjoy staying inside but I don't really know I don't enjoy being inside that much unless I'm having more of an emotional trip than I like to be by myself in a dark room or in a comfortable setting. I do find that being around technology irritates me when I'm on psychedelic though so I always end up outside at some point. Whatever you do just remember to breathe and don't resist. I will say I haven't taken psychedelics being in a suicidal State of mind before I don't know how that would play out. It may help who knows.. they have helped me a ton in the past overcome depression and anxiety.. but I've also had some pretty painful journey which in the end I've always learned the most from but.. idk. Some people do have really bad experiences but I don't want to project that to you. I did have one experience where it became way too much and all I could think about was killing myself.. it was during one of those what you call ego deaths.. I just surrendered to the experience layed in the grass and focused on my breath and reminding myself that everything was going to be okay and the feeling passed.
In terms of afterlife or something like that I don't know. Every time I take mushrooms I feel like I've been here before. I start to have intense deja Vu and just this nostalgic feeling of having been alive before. It's weird. Utilizing DMT I've also seen different dimensions it seems like and traveled through different timelines. It's weird stuff.
Thank you for your very useful insight. Near death is exactly what I'd like to experience. My goal is to utilize all possible means to be able to overcome SI when the day comes. And, I believe, having experienced ego death could help a ton. Although, people seem to have such conflicting opinions on this subject. Some people say, go for it, you won't fear death anymore, and some other say, don't do it, your fear of death is gonna get even worse.

What I know for sure is that I don't want to use psychedelics to overcome my depression. I used to have a severe personality disorder, then got very luckily cured in the new state-of-the-art treatment, started living a more normal life without depression. However, soon after that, I was diagnosed with debilitating physical (spinal) disease, Scheuermann's disease. Ruined my life again. And no psychedelics can fix ruined back and neck and life in neverending & progressive chronic pain. I'm firmly decided in my desire to CTB.

• Love
Reactions: tiny_dancer and NoLightRemains
theboy

theboy

Illuminated
Jul 15, 2022
There are two options when taking psychedelics
Good trip
Bad trip