pomcustard

pomcustard

Almost free
Jul 29, 2024
I wish I was the type of person who could shrug off struggles or at least be able to stand up and keep going after a good cry but I'm not. Even minor inconveniences seem to push me over the edge and make me want to die. I wonder if it's an effect of upbringing or just the lottery of personalities. If circumstances were different, would I be stronger? Would I want to keep going no matter what? Would every adversity make me a better person? But alas, I was not built like that. I was just cursed to be a loser that remains depressed no matter what. I'm sure many would be more than happy to live the life I have now but my brain won't allow me to be happy in any way. I hope I find peace soon.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Forever Sleep, murun_b, kunikuzushi and 1 other person
kunikuzushi

kunikuzushi

sause
Jan 24, 2023
Maybe you're just viewing things realistically and the "strong" ones are good at deluding themselves into thinking everything will be ok. But the world is not so kind and nothing really matters because we're all gonna die. So I don't think you should be so hard on yourself for not being able to look past that. I'm sorry you're struggling and I hope you find peace soon too

pomcustard

pomcustard

Almost free
Jul 29, 2024
Maybe you're just viewing things realistically and the "strong" ones are good at deluding themselves into thinking everything will be ok. But the world is not so kind and nothing really matters because we're all gonna die. So I don't think you should be so hard on yourself for not being able to look past that. I'm sorry you're struggling and I hope you find peace soon too
Haha I do wish I was good at deluding myself too but oh well. Also thank you, I hope my attempt soon will be successful this time.

• Love
Reactions: kunikuzushi
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I do this too. I look at someone who at least seems to be confident and optimistic and think- I wonder what it's like to be you. Like- does it come to them effortlessly? Do they immediately lean towards positive thinking when bad things happen or, does it take lots of effort to repress all the negative thoughts? Is it just an act even? I agree though. I expect it's a bit of both- nature and nurture.

I think some people do condition themselves to be positive. It can be surprising to talk to some people who you think have it all together to find out they're battling all sorts of insecurities too.

pomcustard

pomcustard

Almost free
Jul 29, 2024
I do this too. I look at someone who at least seems to be confident and optimistic and think- I wonder what it's like to be you. Like- does it come to them effortlessly? Do they immediately lean towards positive thinking when bad things happen or, does it take lots of effort to repress all the negative thoughts? Is it just an act even? I agree though. I expect it's a bit of both- nature and nurture.

I think some people do condition themselves to be positive. It can be surprising to talk to some people who you think have it all together to find out they're battling all sorts of insecurities too.
True but I'm honestly still jealous of people who can pretend to be okay. At least they can still function enough to appear to be well put together.

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep
E

esistzeit

INFINITY
Jul 17, 2024
I find solace in knowing that happiness is achievable. Maybe not to me, but there are definitely people out there who are happy.

If I could live vicariously through them, then I'd be able to live on until I died my natural death. But that is not enough for me.

I think it's a combination of genes, circumstances and upbringing. I don't think you need all of them to succeed but if you have none, it's really hard to. But I do hate people who are in a better position, do not understand this and criticize those who have less.

I also suspect that it may be possible to be "happy/ok" even if you have absolutely nothing. But that takes a whole other level of enlightenment. Like, some Buddha-like understanding. I think that's way too much to expect from an average Joe.