AmDead

AmDead

早く死にたい
Aug 20, 2020
I wish I could say these words without offending people because I mean it in the most sincere way. To me, death means peace, an end to pain and suffering, the answer to all of our problems. Is it wrong to wish peace and no pain upon my family?
If I told my parents I wish they'd died, they'd immediately flip over backwards and torture me. It doesn't matter how much I tell them I think death is a good thing. I know some people use death as threats or the end to "beautiful life" but I think society should reprogram our hardwired morality because death can be good.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: virginiawoolf86, 312, Bzrluvtriangle and 32 others
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
the end to "beautiful life" but I think society should reprogram our hardwired morality because death can be good.
there can be good in both. i enjoy my life but i also cant wait for the peace death will bring to my suffering.

• Hugs
Reactions: virginiawoolf86, voyager, sadworld and 8 others
cii

cii

"Well, it's groundhog day. Again."
Oct 24, 2020
Well, two things. One, everyone isn't really like us, they don't carry as much pain and suffering we do. They're happy. So when you wish for them to die, to you you are wishing for an end to their suffering, to them you are wishing for an end to their happiness. It's natural to get a little offended. Death isn't a good thing to everyone and no argument you make will convince them of that, because you haven't lived their lives and they haven't lived yours. With the sanctioned suicide movement we defend the right to die for this reason, so people have a choice. It's not okay to say everyone should die, because you're taking away the choice of people who want to live. Pro-lifers take this in the opposite direction, thinking everyone should live. See how it's the same argument, just on the opposite side?

Secondly, as someone suicidal, I've had fellow suicidal friends wish for my death. On one hand, it made me happy that they wanted me to have peace, on the other, it made me feel like I HAD to kill myself even when I wasn't ready and it also made it very difficult for me to move towards a path of recovery.

So, to satisfy both parties, the best thing to say is, "I wish you peace", since that is what you mean in your heart. It's not your feelings about it that are the issue, it's just the wording.

• Love
Reactions: virginiawoolf86, daddy Phil :), TheEndisNear121200 and 10 others
AmDead

AmDead

早く死にたい
Aug 20, 2020
Well, two things. One, everyone isn't really like us, they don't carry as much pain and suffering we do. They're happy. So when you wish for them to die, to you you are wishing for an end to their suffering, to them you are wishing for an end to their happiness. It's natural to get a little offended. Death isn't a good thing to everyone and no argument you make will convince them of that, because you haven't lived their lives and they haven't lived yours. With the sanctioned suicide movement we defend the right to die for this reason, so people have a choice. It's not okay to say everyone should die, because you're taking away the choice of people who want to live. Pro-lifers take this in the opposite direction, thinking everyone should live. See how it's the same argument, just on the opposite side?

Secondly, as someone suicidal, I've had fellow suicidal friends wish for my death. On one hand, it made me happy that they wanted me to have peace, on the other, it made me feel like I HAD to kill myself even when I wasn't ready and it also made it very difficult for me to move towards a path of recovery.

So, to satisfy both parties, the best thing to say is, "I wish you peace", since that is what you mean in your heart. It's not your feelings about it that are the issue, it's just the wording.
You make a valid point, though I forgot to mention the extinction of humanity would benefit almost everything related. And I'm going to stand by this argument until earth becomes becomes a lifeless planet because humans destroyed the atmosphere :) in which case my energy that cannot be destroyed will be radiating "I told you so"

Reactions: sadworld and itachi of death
Lilacmoon

Lilacmoon

Beautiful moon, take me away.
Sep 23, 2020
Wishing me death is one of the nicest and thoughtful-est(?) things I've ever been told, thank you <3

• Love
Reactions: sadworld, allym101, SuicidalSymphonies and 4 others
cii

cii

"Well, it's groundhog day. Again."
Oct 24, 2020
You make a valid point, though I forgot to mention the extinction of humanity would benefit almost everything related. And I'm going to stand by this argument until earth becomes becomes a lifeless planet because humans destroyed the atmosphere :) in which case my energy that cannot be destroyed will be radiating "I told you so"
Haha, I had a friend with similar views like yours, we would argue for hours, he too would never budge lol. But I understand, it is fine to feel the way you do! You make valid points as well.

• Hugs
Reactions: daddy Phil :), sadworld and AmDead
Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020

It wouldn't matter to us because we'd all be dead, but humans would now be leaving things like nuclear power plants and nuclear waste behind, and that might trigger a domino effect which could now wipe out the rest of life on earth. (If Chernobyl was on a seacoast, we might all be long extinct now.)

Reactions: sadworld
AmDead

AmDead

早く死にたい
Aug 20, 2020
It wouldn't matter to us because we'd all be dead, but humans would now be leaving things like nuclear power plants and nuclear waste behind, and that might trigger a domino effect which could now wipe out the rest of life on earth. (If Chernobyl was on a seacoast, we might all be long extinct now.)
Well then if only Chernobyl was on a sea coast.
And like you said, if we were all dead it wouldn't matter. Not like anything matters right now, but people have their opinions I guess.

K

Kat!

Elementalist
Sep 30, 2020
Sadly death is not always peaceful for us, or them. But I think at least if you mean it in a nice way it's not so bad. It's like saying to someone you love on their deathbed "peace at last, for you."
It's nice but some people don't take it that way.

Reactions: sadworld, allym101 and AmDead
Throwmyselfaway

Throwmyselfaway

Not gone yet but soon
Jan 14, 2020
If you said this to me I would hug you because you understand

• Hugs
Reactions: sadworld, AmDead, itachi of death and 2 others
wanttodie

wanttodie

Enlightened
Apr 19, 2018
Wishing me death is one of the nicest and thoughtful you can Wishing me death any time you want I love it

• Hugs
Reactions: sadworld, AmDead, itachi of death and 1 other person
Silvermorning

Silvermorning

The polar bears made me do it
Oct 10, 2020
Buddhist religion is based on that feeling. It's a beautiful thought, wishing non existence, with judeo/christisns/muslims the sentiment would be "Heaven."

Reactions: sadworld and AmDead
I

itachi of death

Student
Aug 17, 2020
I wish I could say these words without offending people because I mean it in the most sincere way. To me, death means peace, an end to pain and suffering, the answer to all of our problems. Is it wrong to wish peace and no pain upon my family?
If I told my parents I wish they'd died, they'd immediately flip over backwards and torture me. It doesn't matter how much I tell them I think death is a good thing. I know some people use death as threats or the end to "beautiful life" but I think society should reprogram our hardwired morality because death can be good.
I sont enjoy being alive but im here flirting with death wishing she'd flirt back,I understand what your saying and thank you

Reactions: sadworld and AmDead
KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
Death is only good if life is bad.
And I'm all for people living a good life.
Sometimes it's easier said than done.

When things are bad, suicide becomes a thing.
ahh.

BridgeJumper

BridgeJumper

The Arsonist
Apr 7, 2019
I was expecting this to be a bid to start a flame war, but actually its a really good idea

Reactions: AmDead
SmellyRat

SmellyRat

Arcanist
Nov 5, 2018
How kind of you
59349318.jpg

Reactions: AmDead