markimobzzdeasui

markimobzzdeasui

Life is a cruel joke
Oct 24, 2021
If it would have been, then I wouldn't mind what all these prolifers and judgmental people have to say or do to suicidal people.
Selfish,cowards, attention seekers,losers,liers, not worthy of life... Will agree to all of that but first actually make suicide an easy way out!

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: noname123, ghostkid, Astronauta and 16 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I also wish that suicide was easier more than anything, I am tired of this miserable existence. I do believe that even if it was easier to ctb, I would never agree to what anti choice people say about suicide being selfish. We all have the right to exit this world at a time of our own choosing, it is a personal decision. We have no obligations to stay alive as we did not ask to exist.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Caramelized, Talvikki, KuriGohan&Kamehameha and 8 others
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
I also wish that suicide was easier more than anything, I am tired of this miserable existence. I do believe that even if it was easier to ctb, I would never agree to what anti choice people say about suicide being selfish. We all have the right to exit this world at a time of our own choosing, it is a personal decision. We have no obligations to stay alive as we did not ask to exist.
What does the word selfish mean?

whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
Is this a person who thinks only about himself, or is your question sarcasm?
I was trying to make evident by way of requesting the definition that suicide can certainly be seen as selfish, in some cases. It certainly is a decision one often takes as a result of overriding the will of close ones, which want or need you to stay alive.

But what is "selfish"? Putting your own needs first, which we do all our lives? Are the close ones the selfish ones for blocking your wish? When is putting your will first reprehensible, and when is it not? It seems like a blurry field, that each camp can bend as it suits them.

Reactions: CloseFriendofCamus, Journeytoletgo, KuriGohan&Kamehameha and 4 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
What does the word selfish mean?
Of course everything that someone does could be seen as selfish in someway, as they are doing it to benefit themselves. Just because something is selfish does not mean it is wrong. Many anti choice people use the selfishness argument to try and guilt trip people into not ctb, they say that suicide is wrong as it will hurt those left behind, when in fact ctb is a human right, it is a personal decision. What I meant in my post is that suicide is not selfish in the way that anti choice people see it as.

Reactions: Talvikki, demuic, oohiniyorafaad and 1 other person
clown

clown

🤐🤐🤐🤐🤐🤐🤐🤐🤐🤐🤐🤐🤐🤐🤐🤐🤓🤐🤐🤐🤐🤐🤐🤐
Jan 17, 2022
"if you are suicidal, why haven't you done it yet?" -🤓

• Yay!
  • Aww..
Reactions: Caramelized, ihopethisispainless, WrongPlaceWrongTime and 8 others
Hercules

Hercules

Arcanist
Jan 31, 2021
What bothers me is that no one bothers to consider the feelings of the suicidal person. When someone commits suicide, why is everyone else's feelings considered to be more important than the suicidal person's feelings? If someones life is so bad, and they suffered to the point that they thought it would be better to actually kill themselves rather than to live another day. No one considers what the suicidal person went through to get to that point. That they suffered unbearable pain for months or years before reaching that breaking point. Instead of trying to understand and show them some compassion, they blame and vilify that person.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: Caramelized, Eternal🌈Rainbow, Mary5689 and 10 others
Hercules

Hercules

Arcanist
Jan 31, 2021
I was trying to make evident by way of requesting the definition that suicide can certainly be seen as selfish, in some cases. It certainly is a decision one often takes as a result of overriding the will of close ones, which want or need you to stay alive.

But what is "selfish"? Putting your own needs first, which we do all our lives? Are the close ones the selfish ones for blocking your wish? When is putting your will first reprehensible, and when is it not? It seems like a blurry field, that each camp can bend as it suits them.
I don't think that it is necessarily selfish for someone to do what is best for themselves. People do what is best for themselves in a given situation all the time, and outside of suicide, no one questions it. As far as suicide being selfish, I think that it depends on the reason they are coinsidering suicide. How bad is their situation? Realistically, what are the chances that given time that their situation will get better? If there is very little chance that their situation will improve, can they learn to live with it? In the end, the decision is theirs to make, because it is their life, and they are the ones that have to live it in the current state. Someone else who has never been in their situation and has no idea what it is like to walk in their shoes everyday has no say in what they should do.

As for the suicidal persons family and friends, I would ask them what they are doing to help them. Do they call them to see how they are doing? Do they visit them often? Do they do anything to help them in their situation, if it is possible? If they don't do anything practical to help them when they could, and at minimum don't even offer emotional support, they don't really care about them and are the ones who are being selfish. To expect someone to continue to suffer unbearable pain for years and not do anything to help them is cruel and selfish. If the suicidal person's relatives/ friends don't want them to commit suicide, they should spend some time with them and try to help them, or if they can't help them, try to find someone who can help them. They shouldn't refuse to help them, and then complain that the suicidal person is selfish after they kill themselves.

• Love
Reactions: Eternal🌈Rainbow, demuic, markimobzzdeasui and 3 others
JustAMatterOfTime

JustAMatterOfTime

Fragile
Mar 21, 2021
"the easy way out" ... yeah sure.

Reactions: TheGoodGuy, Life is pointless, VoidDesirer22 and 3 others
Seiba

Seiba

Arcanist
Jun 13, 2021
Doesn't matter in the end since the suicidal gets the last if they desire and are willing to leave. I think it can be a bit more varied with people thinking suicide=depression for younger generations now, but it's just a perspective of pity instead of vilification.

• Love
Reactions: markimobzzdeasui
albino_elk

albino_elk

im infj with bpd=dysfunctional trash
Aug 25, 2020
even suicidal ones dont know the feeling, they might understand what could happen with si but i believe not everyone whos suicidal felt what is really like to be near death. si is stronger than depression and anxiety. its bs:c

Reactions: Eternal🌈Rainbow, clown_17 and markimobzzdeasui
Y

YourNeighbor

Arcanist
Jul 22, 2021
I have never heard anyone describe suicide as the easy way out, except in the context where someone is facing a life prison sentence for something like sex trafficking/ child rape, or torture and execution at the hands of a brutal government.

Reactions: Fadeawaaaay
hopelessgirl

hopelessgirl

Happy Unbirthday
Oct 12, 2021
me too

Reactions: markimobzzdeasui
CatTheBus5689

CatTheBus5689

Jun 22, 2021
  • Yay!
Reactions: Life is pointless, Nightowl, WrongPlaceWrongTime and 5 others
clown_17

clown_17

Almost gone, it almost worked
Oct 24, 2020
Suicide isn't easy at all. It's accepting the risks of the unknown and facing the known. By trying to kill yourself you're accepting the risk that you could be permanently mentally or physically disabled. You're accepting that you could be institutionalized or lose friends and family for it. You're accepting the risk of pain and the risk of fear. You're fighting your survival instincts and giving away your (granted unlikely) chance of life ever getting better. And it's still going through with it, which honeslty takes guts.

If suicide was as easy as people think, as easy as pushing a button, I would've been dead by like 11 or 12 years old

Reactions: Eternal🌈Rainbow, Mary5689, demuic and 6 others
A

Area Man

Student
Mar 31, 2021
We are all entrapped in physical bodies that are meant to be difficult to kill, especially by our own hand since that wouldn't make any evolutionary sense! It's supposed to be a predator or disease that kills us, presumably after a great amount of force has been applied. We nowadays are supposed to live longer and be healthier so we can all participate in a massive orgy to procreate the follow up generations. Of course we decided to keep on being picky and fall out and fight over resources in spite of a recent massive abundance in all of these. Some of us don't know what to make of it all and have gotten confused and life is too complex so we look to death as a place to be free from all that struggle.

Lets be blunt. Pain is an evolutionary response to danger or hazards. If you are in pain all the time then you're on fire. Get out of the fire.

Reactions: markimobzzdeasui, Lost Magic and whatevs
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
There is nothing easy about suicide. There are so many cliché-suicide talking points that it makes me cringe. Nobody knows what it is like to feel like this until they have walked in your shoes, therefore, nobody has the right to judge. Even when you have a relatively peaceful way out by having SN or N, it doesn't make detachment from life any more straightforward. Survival Instinct and attachment to our body is the hardest things we will ever have to let go of. But, we all die. Eventually. I just think that suicide should be talked about in a less degrading or pitiful fashion, because believe me there is nothing glamorous about slowly dying from cancer or dementia. I have witnessed both declines. So I have decided to end my days, on my own terms.

VoidDesirer22

VoidDesirer22

A dream inside a locked room
Sep 6, 2021
If N was easier to get and customs could leave me the fk alone then maybe it'd be easy.

• Hugs
Reactions: JayLa16 and markimobzzdeasui