thinkkank

thinkkank

Experienced
Oct 16, 2019
I wish someone had told me that most jobs suck by default. It is their nature to suck. I always believed that there were jobs out there which were easy, fun and rewarding to do. Learned the hard way that this wasn't the case. Jobs suck and that's why they pay you. They pay you to do things you don't enjoy and to work with people you don't like. They essentially pay you to suffer for 9 to 10 hours.
Had I known this sooner I would have accepted the misery of work sooner.

• Hugs
Reactions: XIII, Celerity, finalexit and 10 others
Wojaczek

Wojaczek

Student
Oct 24, 2021
I barely have the motivation to get out of bed, no way in hell will i be able to get up at 8am and wagecuck till 6pm from monday to friday
Jfl at the thought alone

• Hugs
Reactions: XIII, blueclover_., Scribble Fan and 2 others
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
wagecuck till 6pm from monday to friday

Yup, being a daytime hooker sucks bigtime.

BtbXY20IYAAxN8p.jpg

HiImPaul

HiImPaul

Student
Nov 5, 2021
Yeah everyone says "just do what makes you happy" but literally no job would do that for me. And my depression means I can't even be happy at home when I'm "relaxing" so screw me I guess.

Reactions: XIII, thinkkank, blueclover_. and 1 other person
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
Really good jobs seem to be the exception, and even then things seem to change so quickly that few jobs are stable long-term nowadays.

I've found that the real kicker is working without it being for some bigger purpose. No family, no social life, just being miserable alone. It's like suffering for the privilege of continuing to suffer.

Reactions: Celerity, Journeytoletgo, thinkkank and 4 others
ClownMe

ClownMe

Don't Cry for Me, I'm Already Dead
Apr 7, 2021
Yep, I realised this in the last year or two. All jobs suck, but they all suck to varying degrees.

Reactions: Celerity and thinkkank
C

Circles

Visionary
Sep 3, 2018
I know my words are fucking shallow and stupid but whatever. Working fucking sucks, and every job is certainly guaranteed to suck yes but you could be like me. As much as I hated working I actually kinda miss it cause I'm tired of being a disabled loser. Life eventually gets boring and monotonous as fuck laying in bed all the time. I wouldn't even mind flipping fucking burgers. Atleast I could get some human interaction. The grass is always greener I guess.

• Hugs
Reactions: XIII, Beeper, thinkkank and 3 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Working is just being a slave to the society. Jobs can send many people into despair and they are very stressful. Life is suffering, and to believe anything otherwise would be delusional. I prefer just sleeping the day away. There is nothing I would be capable of doing anyway.

Reactions: XIII, Celerity, Journeytoletgo and 3 others
eternalmelancholy

eternalmelancholy

waiting for the bus
Mar 24, 2021
I always believed that there were jobs out there which were easy, fun and rewarding to do.

Jobs like these do exist. But they are reserved for the elite, not commoners like you or I. Most jobs do suck and pay just enough to keep you alive. We are basically slaves to society. There are people who will make more in one hour than you do in an entire year.

Reactions: XIII, Celerity, thinkkank and 2 others
thinkkank

thinkkank

Experienced
Oct 16, 2019
Yeah everyone says "just do what makes you happy" but literally no job would do that for me. And my depression means I can't even be happy at home when I'm "relaxing" so screw me I guess.
usually what makes you happy doesn't make money. It's horrible advice and I don't know why people still say it
I know my words are fucking shallow and stupid but whatever. Working fucking sucks, and every job is certainly guaranteed to suck yes but you could be like me. As much as I hated working I actually kinda miss it cause I'm tired of being a disabled loser. Life eventually gets boring and monotonous as fuck laying in bed all the time. I wouldn't even mind flipping fucking burgers. Atleast I could get some human interaction. The grass is always greener I guess.
yes, laying in bed can be seen as one kind of suffering. It's a choice between suffering from unemployment or suffering from having a job. There are no good options. The grass may seem greener, but what happens is you replace one kind of suffering for another kind of suffering when you move into a new situation like getting a job. This is also true for going from one job to another job. The new job may seem better, but you are simply moving from one challenging situation to another challenging situation, replacing one set of problems for another set of problems.
if these shitty jobs led to something better then I would stick it out because I knew there was a reward waiting for me, but there isn't. I'll be working shitty jobs for the rest of my short life. It doesn't get better and I have to check out. Going through the pain isn't worth it

Last edited:
Reactions: Circles
waterstrider

waterstrider

cold
Nov 29, 2020
I liked studying for a while and I believe I was even good at it. Wouldn't have wanted to actually have to work in that field everyday.

The only thing that filled me with happiness in the past was expressing my self by dancing. If I had the chance to earn my own money that way I'd take it. But I'm not good enough. Being an artist of any kind must be very fulfilling.

Reactions: Celerity
JinZhin

JinZhin

we are in hell
Nov 2, 2021
funny i actually worked many odd jobs since I was 10 or 11 (back then it was not not child labour thing, just helping my mom, usually like going cherry picking or similar agricultural stuff and getting paid for what I'd picked, it was not exploitative.
Since then I had worked a couple of part-time retail jobs, jobs in warehouses, I washed cars - I actually liked it there-I liked the mixed smell of detergents and oil and other stuff that you'd encounter there, but the pay was below minimum wage even for the standards of a shitty Eastern European country I'm from I was belittled for being the only girl working in there so I left because it was just to much to take.

Once I worked in an office and for 2 months - I was originally hired as someone who should deal with data and tech support but ended doing whatever should be done such as answering emails, calls, dealing with customers which I did not deal well with. This is the longest "proper" job I ever had which was also one of the most underpaid and exploitative place I've ever worked at that left me mentally scarred to some extent (this is actually a long story, I may share it sometime).
Maybe the only job I ever tolerated was tutoring high and grade school math curriculum, but even that would leave me drained and unhappy in over 50% of cases which is...not that bad.

I wish I could say I learned some valuable lessons- in the end I did, but I felt like most of it was totally not worth it, or I am just not aware of it yet

I want to be hopeful, but that's probably delusional. I'd like to work on something meaningful or even not soul sucking but I' afraid most of it will be impossible. It's one of the reasons I consider dying tbh. I could probably make it work somehow, but I just don't want to face the future...

Manaaja

Manaaja

euROPE
Sep 10, 2018
There are jobs that are easy, rewarding and pay well. I read about a millionaire's son who is in some sort of leader position in his daddy's company. He goes to meetings once a week, bosses his underlings, gets 10 000€ for that, and goes home. He doesn't need to do more because his daddy does the rest of the job - if there is even anything to do because he can just hire secretaries and other people to take care of everything and just sit at home and watch the money go up.

I truly hate working, it's monotonous, shackling, depressing, killing, murdering. I realized, it's less money that I hate and more how it's acquired. I so wish I could live in a world where magic took care of all the work, and people would just magically get 2000 euros in the end of the month and use it for anything they want.

No one should work if they don't want. And the other way. If someone's dream is to own a restaurant or be a musician or an actor, they should be allowed to do so without worrying about shit like degrees, employment, free positions, money etc.

Everyone should be able to do what they truly want.

• Love
Reactions: archipelago, BeautifulMosaics and thinkkank
thinkkank

thinkkank

Experienced
Oct 16, 2019
There are jobs that are easy, rewarding and pay well. I read about a millionaire's son who is in some sort of leader position in his daddy's company. He goes to meetings once a week, bosses his underlings, gets 10 000€ for that, and goes home. He doesn't need to do more because his daddy does the rest of the job - if there is even anything to do because he can just hire secretaries and other people to take care of everything and just sit at home and watch the money go up.
if reincarnation is real I want to be reborn into a family like that

• Love
Reactions: Manaaja
eternalmelancholy

eternalmelancholy

waiting for the bus
Mar 24, 2021
No one should work if they don't want. And the other way. If someone's dream is to own a restaurant or be a musician or an actor, they should be allowed to do so without worrying about shit like degrees, employment, free positions, money etc.

Everyone should be able to do what they truly want.

Are you forgetting we are slaves to big business and the government? They wouldn't allow that to happen. Because that means less power and wealth for them.

Dying seems better option than just waiting out the years in agony until you die of old age. Maybe that is why we are all here. We all realized that dying is a better option than living.

Reactions: thinkkank and Celerity