リンさん

リンさん

Rina • she/her, lesbian
Sep 9, 2023
Sorry. I hate being negative, but I'm having severe mood swings (thanks, hormones!) and just feeling very annoyed right now.

I'm trying my best to be understanding and empathetic, everyone here has things that trouble them, some are extremely desperate to CTB. I just wish people put a bit more thought and effort into their research, instead of asking the same questions/begging for sources in places that are clearly not meant for it.

Some megathreads are amazing sources of info, some guides are straight up a godsend. There's info just about everywhere if you simply know how to look for it.

I don't *hate* anyone for it, but it is pretty annoying.

And saying this just in case: my take does not apply to those who are disabled and need extra help; this is totally valid and not something to be ashamed of.

Reactions: hevlalab, backtoearth, Eudaimonic and 1 other person
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
Addressing the title, yes, I agree that people should use the search feature more instead of creating a thread asking a question that has been asked many times already and answered. For example, before asking a question I go searching myself, even away from SS to find an answer (for example about a medication, not a method obviously, lol).

But yeah those who have a hard time doing things aren't in the wrong.

Reactions: Skathon
ipmanwc0

ipmanwc0

I'll wait for you ❤️
Sep 15, 2023
Indeed. Doesn't help that new users can't actually use search.

Reactions: Skathon
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It's just the reality that many people are very tired and suffering enough which can explain the posts asking about methods. I find it cruel how it's purposely made so difficult to die, nobody should have to struggle in doing suicide method research in the first place, it's inhumane how we cannot have the option of a guaranteed way to cease existing in peace. Whenever I see someone begging for a source I personally emphasise with them and it increases my disgust at this anti-suicide society.
But I do think they should let people have access to the search function straightaway, it would make things easier for people who have just found the site and only come here for method information.