ryo the frog

ryo the frog

I'm in your house
Jun 27, 2022
now that I have gotten your attention, you have to read the rest to know what in the absolute hell is wrong with me.

I believe that (when under good care) pets or domesticated animals are most fortunate in all mortality.

wild animals deal with a lot of hardship, searching for food, avoid being food, harsh climates, mistreated injuries, insert everything human related because that's a list on its own. a more optimistic person would think evolving to not be barbarians is better. I mean humans have air conditioning and soap. but I disagree, and I'm having a hard time deciding which would be worse.

all the above with wild animals would also apply to humans just to a lesser degree. but there's also the addition of slaving away for 12+ years in the education system just to barely prepare you to slave away at a job for the rest of your life. If not, get fucked. and even then you aren't guaranteed a convenient life, there's always the risk of the worst working conditions known to man or threat of poverty.

animals in captivity have it so damn good (again when in the right care). In place of being trained to not be a nuisance, you are cared for like an infant who can't care for themself. fed, bathed, kept from danger, treated from sickness, entertained.
though that's not my motive for my insane ramblings on not being a domesticated animal. even if trying to make it by the day can be the most mentally taxing thing under the sun for me, I'm more than adequate with having to take care of myself. If anything I hate being dependent on others. what I really hate about being a human is being so aware.

being aware is depressing. being aware of the abuse and constant decline of the earth's health. aware of the abuse of animals caused by humans. aware of the abuse of other humans caused by other humans; of how selfish and greedy humans are. aware of outer space and wondering what's out there. aware of existence itself and wondering why.
existence is so pointless and brutal, and being aware of it all makes it impossible to ignore. so you just have to accept how shit everything is as it just gets shitter.

but domesticated animals don't have to deal with any of that. the harshness of the wild, the harshness of humanity, the harshness of existence itself. They just live their comfortable short lives in complete ignorance and convenience while (if allowed) still being able to do what a living thing is "meant" to do: reproduce.

…the title was click bait… I would rather not be born at all…

but still, I came to the realization that domesticated animals are the ones that will have it the best and wanted to share. besides, I can sleep well knowing the amount of people I made spit their drink out at the shamelessly suggestive title.

this fits in offtopic right?

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, Source Energy, bubo and 7 others
Rainy_days

Rainy_days

Experienced
Dec 21, 2022

• Yay!
  • Hugs
Reactions: Maudlin, Rocinante, Cathy Ames and 2 others
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I think a lot of us have had this thought at some time. Envy having no responsibilities and all your needs met. (Like you say- in a good scenario.)

Plus- I also agree that our level of self awareness is likely the thing/burden that makes us so unhappy. So, I have wondered what it would be like to just focus on living life rather than thinking about it all the time.

That said- I would't say pets are without their 'mental issues.' Even those in relatively good homes. Next doors dog suffered enormously with seperation anxiety because he was hardly ever left alone. The moment he was, he would go nuts and start howling. Animals like parrots- which are extremely intelligent and need a lot of stimulation will even start tearing their feathers out (self harm) when bored... Plus- it's got to be pretty shit to be able to fly or run and be confined.

I agree- that under perfect circumstances, it might be nice to be a pet but I'm not entirely sure to be honest. It's not like you have much say in what you do when (depending on the animal...) If you're hungry and help yourself to something- you'll likely be in trouble. If you're bored and destroy something- you'll likely be in trouble. If you need the loo and can't get to it- you'll likely be in trouble. Really, you're just a play thing for your master in most cases.

Still- I get your sentiment. Think maybe I'd prefer to remain a human but with a shit load of money, so I can pamper myself. 😎

Reactions: Source Energy, Alcoholic Teletubby, ryo the frog and 1 other person
western_heart

western_heart

trying to save ourself
May 23, 2021
I wish I was a house cat. I especially felt this way last year when I was unemployed and living with my parents… they adopted a traumatized cat that is afraid of strangers. They do a good job of taking care of him.

But that was back when I still cared about hurting them with my suicide. I don't care anymore.

• Hugs
Reactions: Cathy Ames, ryo the frog and Huntfish34
Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
I like the way idea but in reality do domesticated pets really have it all, unless you are an asshole cat, cats are considered wild hence they get away with any thing and you are not held responsible for what they do,, unlike dogs. Making the life of a cat better as they have the best of both worlds.
The non awareness would be bliss, but like the other poster said some animals do suffer mental health issues my inlaws dog can't be left alone for long as she goes mad with loniness.

• Hugs
Reactions: ryo the frog and Huntfish34
hopelessgirl

hopelessgirl

Happy Unbirthday
Oct 12, 2021
I feel like I am not THAT different from a pet. I receive money from the government till I find a job this is the second year (or I will receive money forever who knows). I do not leave the house. My bf does all the shopping and cooking. Almost! Right? I also wish I was never born <3

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Cathy Ames and ryo the frog
LucyB

LucyB

Cowards be like "be safe".... I be like "Be FREE"
May 7, 2022
now that I have gotten your attention, you have to read the rest to know what in the absolute hell is wrong with me.

I believe that (when under good care) pets or domesticated animals are most fortunate in all mortality.

wild animals deal with a lot of hardship, searching for food, avoid being food, harsh climates, mistreated injuries, insert everything human related because that's a list on its own. a more optimistic person would think evolving to not be barbarians is better. I mean humans have air conditioning and soap. but I disagree, and I'm having a hard time deciding which would be worse.

all the above with wild animals would also apply to humans just to a lesser degree. but there's also the addition of slaving away for 12+ years in the education system just to barely prepare you to slave away at a job for the rest of your life. If not, get fucked. and even then you aren't guaranteed a convenient life, there's always the risk of the worst working conditions known to man or threat of poverty.

animals in captivity have it so damn good (again when in the right care). In place of being trained to not be a nuisance, you are cared for like an infant who can't care for themself. fed, bathed, kept from danger, treated from sickness, entertained.
though that's not my motive for my insane ramblings on not being a domesticated animal. even if trying to make it by the day can be the most mentally taxing thing under the sun for me, I'm more than adequate with having to take care of myself. If anything I hate being dependent on others. what I really hate about being a human is being so aware.

being aware is depressing. being aware of the abuse and constant decline of the earth's health. aware of the abuse of animals caused by humans. aware of the abuse of other humans caused by other humans; of how selfish and greedy humans are. aware of outer space and wondering what's out there. aware of existence itself and wondering why.
existence is so pointless and brutal, and being aware of it all makes it impossible to ignore. so you just have to accept how shit everything is as it just gets shitter.

but domesticated animals don't have to deal with any of that. the harshness of the wild, the harshness of humanity, the harshness of existence itself. They just live their comfortable short lives in complete ignorance and convenience while (if allowed) still being able to do what a living thing is "meant" to do: reproduce.

but still, I came to the realization that domesticated animals are the ones that will have it the best and wanted to share. besides, I can sleep well knowing the amount of people I made spit their drink out at the shamelessly suggestive title.

Dont worry you are already someone's pet. No living thing should be owned by anyone. Yall sick as fuc if yall think that shit is cool.. Living things get locked in cages for people's amusement and they call it a zoo. Living things get breed to become someone's live in amusement. Living things are breed for food. This world is as disgusting as the coward bitch who created it.

Reactions: ryo the frog
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
And also pets and domesticated animals are able to be euthanised, they don't have to continue to suffer like we are expected to do. But yes, I do agree that those types of animals are the most fortunate, but still, the existence of any kind of life to me is incredibly disturbing, no matter the life lived. It's always better to never exist at all in my opinion.

No amount of words could describe how much I despise life itself and all the torture that it inflicts onto existing beings. Life is nothing more than an insignificant cycle of meaningless suffering that is just a consequence of evolution, there was never a reason for any of this to exist and yet it does which is something so incredibly tragic.

• Hugs
Reactions: Source Energy, ryo the frog and Suicidebydeath
Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

No chances to be happy - dead inside
Nov 25, 2021
I want to be someone's pet except for real.

• Hugs
Reactions: Cathy Ames, Alcoholic Teletubby and ryo the frog
chocolatebar

chocolatebar

Paragon
Jul 11, 2021
My family already treats me like some sort of pet, and I can assure you that it's one of the most terrible things to be trapped in.

It's cute to fantasize about being a "pet", but to actually live without freedom and trapped in a house is a torture greater than what criminals experience in high security prisons

Animals who live as a pet have a much less complex mind than ours, and I even have some doubts if they really enjoy being pets.

Nature can be unforgiving, but no pet care is better than the feeling of flapping your winds in the open air

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc and ryo the frog
Alcoholic Teletubby

Alcoholic Teletubby

Rip in piss
Jan 10, 2022
Petplay? :heh:

(Also, same. I'm sick of having to be responsible for myself.)

sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023

Same! I wish I could be a pet. They're honestly living the life