ithappens

ithappens

Live free or die
Aug 9, 2018
Maybe then I'd be able to enjoy and succeed in this torturous shithole called "life". It genuinely feels like the only ways to find life "good" is to either be willing to hurt others OR be delusional enough to deny and minimize the vast amount of suffering compared to the things that bring happiness.

Still can't believe empathetic people are willing to bring children into this god forsaken world where things like pedophilia, rape, kidnapping, murder, starvation, poverty, abuse, etc. not only exist but are very common.

• Love
Reactions: Mthom2, blue_muse, it's_all_a_game and 6 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Yeah, I kinda understand what you mean.
It seems all those who make others suffer and lie, are the ones who succeed in this unfair world.

Reactions: ithappens and demuic
Morituri_Te_Salutant

Morituri_Te_Salutant

-
Apr 17, 2021
Still can't believe empathetic people are willing to bring children into this god forsaken world where things like pedophilia, rape, kidnapping, murder, starvation, poverty, abuse, etc. not only exist but are very common.
Most people believe that their offspring will be able to bring positive change in this world.
Reality is, only a very small fraction of them will actually be able to do such a thing.

I guess, hope can be a scary thing sometimes.

Reactions: Manaaja and ithappens
ithappens

ithappens

Live free or die
Aug 9, 2018
Most people believe that their offspring will be able to bring positive change in this world.
Reality is, only a very small fraction of them will actually be able to do such a thing.

I guess, hope can be a scary thing sometimes.
The way I see it such a thing is impossible. The only thing that brings positive change to this world is the advancement of technology (since humans will never change enough to have empathy for one another on a large scale). And the paradox of technology bringing good change is that it brings equally bad aspects to the table. Like yeah we have the ability to produce more food than ever, but now countries can threaten each other (or even their own citizens) with more massive destruction than ever before. It always reaches a plateau in which it seems like it was never worth the suffering in the first place.

A member of an ancient tribe would be just as happy with his family, his cattle, and his little hut as we are now with our computers and smart phones. Possibly even moreso.

Reactions: Good4Nothing and demuic
Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
Maybe then I'd be able to enjoy and succeed in this torturous shithole called "life". It genuinely feels like the only ways to find life "good" is to either be willing to hurt others OR be delusional enough to deny and minimize the vast amount of suffering compared to the things that bring happiness.

You're my brother from another mother. I also wish I was an uncaring dick of a person then maybe id get somewhere in this quagmire of an existence. At the very least my "father" wouldn't have gotten away with all the crap he did.

• Love
Reactions: ithappens
lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
Nahh. I'd rather be my pathetic self than become the thing I hate the most. I just don't want to be part of this circle of suffering entirely.

• Love
Reactions: Morituri_Te_Salutant, demuic, brokenwaves and 1 other person
JustAMatterOfTime

JustAMatterOfTime

Fragile
Mar 21, 2021
I wish you weren't there are far too many of them around already.

Reactions: demuic, UseItOrLoseIt, Morituri_Te_Salutant and 1 other person
UseItOrLoseIt

UseItOrLoseIt

1O'8
Dec 4, 2020
I don't. I might say that I do when I'm not in balance, but I don't. I like that I care.

• Love
Reactions: Morituri_Te_Salutant
blue_muse

blue_muse

Mage
Jan 31, 2021
I can empathise because being on the outside for a while conjures up thinking "If you can't beat them, why not join them?".

Reactions: ithappens
sadbadpsychogirl

sadbadpsychogirl

sonofabitch
May 29, 2020
don't wish that. its the biggest social stigma there is even if you actively try to do good

Reactions: Morituri_Te_Salutant