R

Ready2GoNow

Sep 10, 2020
I don't know why I even bother. My life has been hell from beginning to now. I experienced horrific abuse from birth to age 18. It completely destroyed me and I don't see how I could possibly lead a normal life after that. I still suffer the effects of it every day. Like constantly being in panic mode thinking someone is gonna break in my house to kill me. Or thinking a people are following me on the street. Pretty sure I have PTSD.

My last ctb attempt was November 2019. I was hospitalised for a week and sadly made it. Idk how or why, but I decided to give life another shot after that. Go back to uni and finish my degree. This is my SIXTH year trying to finish a 3 year course. I'm a fucking loser.

I'm starting to wonder if there's any point trying. I have no family. No friends. I have no one. I go months without speaking to a single soul, except for the supermarket cashier. My existence is so fucking sad and pathetic. I'm doing ok at university but not good enough. Just average. It's 99.9% likely I'll graduate with a 2:2. 6 fucking years of my life to get a 2:2. I hate myself. This will exclude me from pursuing my dream career (doctor). That dream is literally the only thing I have left to live for. And even that is being slowly taken away from me. I can't concentrate on anything, my memory is worse than my grandma's, and I'm just fucking useless overall. I try and try, but life just kicks me down at every opportunity.

Now I'm wondering what's the point. Why am I still here going through hell every day? Just to watch life take the only thing I have left? That's such bullshit. I'm gonna spend Christmas alone. Just like I spend all my birthdays. For what? Why the fuck am I still here? I hope I have the guts to go before Christmas. I wish I wasn't such a coward.

• Hugs
Reactions: violetsaturn, VivaldiBR, GoodPersonEffed and 1 other person
A

AutoTap

Elementalist
Nov 11, 2020
I think lots of people think they really want to die but then when they have the means to they realize it's not what they truly want.

You could also be having a similar situation to me where your grasping onto a little something that keeps you going. For me it's my family. For others it's future, regrets, etc.

I hope this helped. I wish you the best!

Reactions: yetme, violetsaturn and Wraith
muffin222

muffin222

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2020
I agree with the above poster. I think a lot of people believe they want to die, but what they truly desire is a more favorable set of circumstances or a massive change in their luck, so to say. Perhaps it's just not your time, and that's perfectly okay

• Love
Reactions: yetme and MindFrog