BottomlessPit

BottomlessPit

Staring at the edge
Apr 28, 2021
Honestly, I don't have the nerve necessary for studying and working. My social skills are nonexistent, discipline seems to be incompatible with my personality, and the anxiety and stress is slowly killing me. Which is kind of funny, because surface-level acquaintances tend to describe me as "always incredibly calm and at peace". How the fuck do I give off that impression? The mere thought of an impending social interaction is enough to trigger seemingly never-ending streams of cortisol for me.

And yet, the glorious NEET life will never be possible for me, since I don't have anyone to leech off of. I have no other choice but to continue on, no matter how much anguish it causes me. Isn't that just lovely? Life is such a gift :love:

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Chemical Animal, patheticpartner, Callie Arcale and 12 others
ClownMe

ClownMe

Don't Cry for Me, I'm Already Dead
Apr 7, 2021
I also wish I could be a NEET, I simply have no desire to contribute to this society, but as you, I have nobody to leach off of.
Sugar Daddy GIF by sugarlab

I need one of these guys.

• Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: patheticpartner, GenesAndEnvironment, motel rooms and 5 others
BitterlyAlive_

BitterlyAlive_

-
Dec 8, 2020
Mmm. I feel like my opinion doesn't mean much, especially since I was only 'on leave' from my job. Just a taste of being a NEET. But it was a truly horrible six months, one of the worst periods of my life. I can understand the desire, sure, but….personally speaking, it wasn't a good time.

• Love
Reactions: patheticpartner and deflationary
O

OrcWitch

Warlock
Sep 3, 2021
Yes I wish I could be a NEET for the rest of my life. I wish I could just have a computer, internet, a quiet place to read, good food, a boyfriend/husband, videogames and anime, a bicycle, a decent wardrobe, and I could just be unemployed being a comfy neet. I dislike working or getting an education, but I have no choice. It is my dream to be reincarnated as a rich elite person and live a luxurious cozy life, only laboring if something makes me intellectually curious or doing sports for fun.

• Love
Reactions: patheticpartner, CatLove56, deflationary and 1 other person
Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

“Ye shall be as gods..🍎 🐍”
Jun 22, 2021
Im neet now and it is not fun. God kill me now

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: patheticpartner, GenesAndEnvironment, Ticket 2 Heaven and 3 others
stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
I get the sentiment because I really feel like working isn't for me either -
but only in terms of conventional work (9-5 office job).
I'm otherwise a very energetic and driven person that always needs something to do - physically even - so my dream job (or hobby) would be being a professional travel-blog-writer or something in that direction,
Driving around in a van or sleeping in hotels - rating them and hiking at different places - that wouldn't be very stereotypical NEET but I still wouldn't want to work.

But if I stay on this earth long enough and wait a few years I'd be able to do stop working as much at least...so a small compromise.

• Love
Reactions: patheticpartner, DocNo and OrcWitch
bed

bed

CTBed
Aug 24, 2019
i've been a neet for 8 years. Honestly, my mental health problems have just gotten worse. I also have chronic pain but that only started 3-4 years ago so I guess that plays a factor.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner and Molded foundation
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
I feel like if I'm the oldest neet on SS then I've at least achieved something. Fight the power!

• Love
Reactions: Hollowman, patheticpartner, deflationary and 2 others
O

OrcWitch

Warlock
Sep 3, 2021
I feel like if I'm the oldest neet on SS then I've at least achieved something. Fight the power!
That's something I look up to and am impressed by. You have it figured out.

• Love
Reactions: patheticpartner, deflationary and Angst Filled Fuck Up
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
That's something I look up to and am impressed by. You have it figured out.
Once you finally get around to doing nothing, you and I are gonna hang.

• Love
Reactions: patheticpartner and OrcWitch
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
Sugar Daddy GIF by sugarlab

I need one of these guys.
Stay away from sugar daddies, kiddo. You'd have a heart attack if my bf told you what he has to do for me in exchange for food & shelter :devil::haha::haha:

Homer Simpson Eating GIF
pop bead GIF

Last edited:
  • Yay!
  • Wow
Reactions: patheticpartner, CatLove56 and ClownMe
SleepDealer

SleepDealer

Your Imaginary Friend
Aug 13, 2021
...live a luxurious cozy life, only laboring if something makes me intellectually curious or doing sports for fun.
Truly the dream.

I get it, even though I don't enjoy leeching off of others. My dream job is no job at all. Even so, I share Stygal's sentiment about needing to stay busy. I'd enjoy being a jack of all trades or helping people out like some kind of RPG protagonist.

• Love
Reactions: patheticpartner and OrcWitch
aludnelac

aludnelac

wayward weirdo
Sep 15, 2021
i have a job that has always been WFH, but in many ways i essentially live as a NEET.. i will probably be fired eventually or just run out of the motivation to continue pretending to work and become a full fledged NEET.. the life i have now already is so bleak and hopeless with no real way it could possibly improve.. i can only imagine once i inevitably give into the exhaustion that being a NEET with nothing left will be so much worse.. i think it seems nice to not have to do anything, and don't get me wrong, work is generally pretty evil, but if it can be a means to achieve some dream, it might just be worth it.. but if you just fall to complete stagnation, it feels as though you've essentially given up on even trying to ever be okay.. a place where hopelessness and exhaustion turn to inaction and fog, which eventually turns to complete disconnection from reality, until you're able to finally to fully ready yourself for the harsh and sudden descent to void..
the worst part sounds like it might be being stuck in an unending state of avolition, now so paralyzed by your own mind, you become unable to even move from one place.. the idea of even trying to talk to someone or eat, or do any basic thing people usually do without thinking becomes some insurmountable task.. and worst of all, actually putting an end to this misery, this life that has already died spiritually is now increasingly becoming more difficult to act on, as you lay increasingly more helpless in your frozen veil of panic..
i say this as someone who feels these things setting in more and more, and it feels like i can see my eventual demise foretold happening in a similar manner.. i think i'm losing the point here, but being a NEET can probably be the beginning to the end in some ways, if you let it become an excuse to begin giving in to the bad as it overtakes you and eventually consumes all in its path.. the end to the pain isn't a bad thing, but the path to it can be laden with increasingly unbearable states of suffering, each one somehow more terrible than those proceeding it..

• Love
Reactions: patheticpartner, Snake of Eden and OrcWitch
Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
I am self employed as I simply cannot cope with the restrictions of a normal employed job, I think in a way I am lucky, as I can take sick leave as I need to and it doesn't effect my income. its a struggle, but to permantly be unemployed how do people do it, would boredom not become too much

• Love
Reactions: patheticpartner and Snake of Eden
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I'm not sure I ever will be able to work. I am not capable of doing anything. I can barely communicate with others. Life is very depressing. I just know that I am not meant for this world. The only thing I want is to not exist.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: imissmykitten, Belljar, patheticpartner and 1 other person