bigwomanbigwoman123

bigwomanbigwoman123

Sep 9, 2023
I tried looking on google for help, of course it never does lmao

i just hate talking. i can never do it right, i cant translate thoughts into words. when i do, despite having all the words i wanna say, i can never say it without stuttering 20 times, this has only started being a problem this year

i hate being expected to talk. i cant do it, im socially innept as fuck, thinking of a response and the burden of having to speak is so much pressure. i always know im gonna embarrass myself with the way i speak. im sick of people asking me questions just to get offended at the answer. i always get someone upset.

im tired of speaking, its so much burden i always hope that i get into some accident that makes me mute or something

• Hugs
Reactions: sash, Cr4ne and Costrecce
Costrecce

Costrecce

Just a lil Dragon lad
Aug 21, 2023
I had the same craving becoming mute and searched methods 1-2 years ago. I wish I could just shut up more, but it´s too difficult with some people

Reactions: bigwomanbigwoman123
M

Mrpickles

Sep 29, 2023

i just hate talking. i can never do it right, i cant translate thoughts into words. when i do, despite having all the words i wanna say, i can never say it without stuttering 20 times, this has only started being a problem this year

i hate being expected to talk. i cant do it, im socially innept as fuck, thinking of a response and the burden of having to speak is so much pressure. i always know im gonna embarrass myself with the way i speak. im sick of people asking me questions just to get offended at the answer. i always get someone upset.

im tired of speaking, its so much burden i always hope that i get into some accident that makes me mute or something
I sometimes have this issue too. I'm able to bullshit and smalltalk pretty well. But sometimes my brain just shuts down. I can't make eye contact, I can't think of what to say, social anxiety kicks into overdrive. Creates a lot of awkward situations where people know me for being talkative and in a cheerful mood to socially inept. I do despise how much we're all expected to be so talkative and if you aren't, people think you are self absorbed or think we're too good for anyone. It's quite the opposite.

What I do when I'm in one of those modes: I try to pass along as much as possible to whoever I'm talking to. It's hard to do without it making it seem like an awkward interview. So I'll pick tiny pieces of what they say and try to get them to elaborate. If I notice they're excited about a topic, I hone in on it with curiosity. Seems to buy me time while I think about how to get away from them lol. It sometimes works, sometimes doesn't.

• Hugs
Reactions: sash, sserafim and bigwomanbigwoman123
bigwomanbigwoman123

bigwomanbigwoman123

Sep 9, 2023
I sometimes have this issue too. I'm able to bullshit and smalltalk pretty well. But sometimes my brain just shuts down. I can't make eye contact, I can't think of what to say, social anxiety kicks into overdrive. Creates a lot of awkward situations where people know me for being talkative and in a cheerful mood to socially inept. I do despise how much we're all expected to be so talkative and if you aren't, people think you are self absorbed or think we're too good for anyone. It's quite the opposite.

What I do when I'm in one of those modes: I try to pass along as much as possible to whoever I'm talking to. It's hard to do without it making it seem like an awkward interview. So I'll pick tiny pieces of what they say and try to get them to elaborate. If I notice they're excited about a topic, I hone in on it with curiosity. Seems to buy me time while I think about how to get away from them lol. It sometimes works, sometimes doesn't.
saying my throat is sore actually is a good idea but i usually regret talking after talking. but i have used that excuse a bit and it works well

Reactions: sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023

I'm so shy and quiet that some people used to think that I was mute. This is probably the result of social anxiety, ADHD and Asperger's/autism as well as trauma and CPTSD from being bullied in middle school. I wish I didn't have to exist and I try really hard not to draw attention to myself. Instead I blend into the background. I wish I could be invisible. For me it's safer to not talk or say anything.

• Hugs
Reactions: bigwomanbigwoman123