N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I know maybe this is kind of morbid. But I will have huge money problems in the future. Probably kill myself due to it.
I could hypothetically sell one of my kidneys or parts of my liver.
I don't know all the risks but my money problems gonna be huge in the future. I would never to it illegaly and I do not promote that in any way.
But the amount of money one can get on the black market is insane. But I would never recommend to do this illegaly. I think the likelihood they scam you in any way is high. Or things can happen like they don't do it with anaesthesia. They take you as a slave and sell you etc. So I warn everyone not to do it.

Moreover there is a possible thinking fallacy, The amount of money you get for organs is only so high because it is illegal. If it was legal way more people would do it. Due to the fact there was more offers the price would sink.
I think the likelihood to die is higher if you spend these organs. But I don't know how painful it is and how much suffering is involved.
I mean if I could sell them and get a small apartment for the money. That would be amazing.

Or when I kill myself I could sell my whole body and my family and friends would get all the money. I would be glad especially for my friends. But this is all only hypothetical. Doing it illegal is insanely dangerous.

Reactions: Celerity
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
Same here. It seems like a waste, otherwise. It's crazy to me that only some people are signed up to be organ donors and that, of these, only a vanishingly small percentage ever qualify to donate their organs. You basically have to be on life support in the hospital for your organs to be harvestable.

S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
I remember seeing a documentary not so long back on illegal organ sales. People selling a kidney to help finance their families in one way or another. They tend to have a middle man who targets vagrant workers. Vagrant workers in most countries will be seen congregating in places in early hours where they're often picked up as and when needed for labour work. The middleman will approach them and make it known there is a service available should they want to make use of it. The middleman makes a bigger profit than the donor by a disgistingly large margin. Usually the organs are bound for rich people who are paying a private doctor who transplants the organs as needed. They too make more than the donor but not as much as the middleman. It's a grimy old arrangement. Common in Mexico. Usually they'll ask thw donor to visit the country the organs are destined for in order to avoid any complications with transportation. Whilst they hold up their end of the deal in paying the donor, I wouldn't teust them to deposit payment in the event you donated your vital organs and death resulted. You'd need a third party you trust to broker the deal for you. I must say though, a lightbulb has just gone off in my mind. I bet these people would be willing to take payment for assisted suicide. I wouldn't expect any bedside manner or consideration though. If you're offering organs though I'm sure they'd be accommodating but method might be less than ideal when you consider toxicity issues. TBH my thoughts are running away with me here lol. It's certainly not something I'd suggest anybody looks into. Lots of horror stories and extortion. Murky murky world!

Reactions: Celerity