Weebster

Weebster

Everyone is alone. Everyone is empty.
Mar 11, 2022
I walked around and felt the same crushing anxiety I felt when I was much younger, which means no progress has been made. Then I sat on a bench and looked around and felt like it was a pointless experience. I didn't know anyone and they didn't know me. The green grass, trees, and the breeze was meh.

I'll try the library next week like that will be any better.

• Hugs
Reactions: whatevs, littlelungs, 710 and 2 others
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
You should do shrooms twice a week. That's what I'd do if I were a NEET.

• Yay!
Reactions: Grey-zoner and PreussenBlueJay
Weebster

Weebster

Mar 11, 2022
You should do shrooms twice a week. That's what I'd do if I were a NEET.
And buy them from where? I've done shrooms before twice and just felt weird and my stomach hurt. Two different dealers but that was when I was younger.

Reactions: Capsicum_Corral
C

Capsicum_Corral

Experienced
Dec 10, 2021
And buy them from where? I've done shrooms before twice and just felt weird and my stomach hurt. Two different dealers but that was when I was younger.
If you're in the US at least, you can buy growing kits on the internet, and spore injectors from suppliers in "most" states. Midwest supply is the place to get the grow kits. Last time I was there they had a list of suppliers for all types of mushrooms, including magic.

For depression and general wellbeing, the microdoses seem to be the thing. Dunno if blasting yourself out of reality can have the same effect, but I'd recommend the microdoses as a first step. If that's thing you're considering.

It sounds like you might live in a city. Living an artificial life can be hard on people. If you could get out into actual wild nature sometimes, that might be worth trying.

Reactions: Smart No More
Al Cappella

Al Cappella

Are we there yet?
Feb 2, 2022
You don't strike me as being that old—but aging is about being increasingly invisible and irrelevant. Sad, but true…

• Love
Reactions: whatevs, NobodyKnowsMe, littlelungs and 3 others
Marine

Marine

*~ 絶対に 全てを取り戻させてもらう ~*
Jul 5, 2020
I walked around and felt the same crushing anxiety I felt when I was much younger, which means no progress has been made. Then I sat on a bench and looked around and felt like it was a pointless experience. I didn't know anyone and they didn't know me. The green grass, trees, and the breeze was meh.

I'll try the library next week like that will be any better.
I feel you, I'm the same, but it's not that you're irrelevant. We live in a disconnected society. What you need is a solid connection, you just weren't as lucky as most "priviledged" people as I call them who've always had that. Now I don't know myself where to find such a connection, I feel like it may take some excruciating persistence with all the odds against me, but if you're attractive you should find it more easily than me at least. It would help if you could try to not be self conscious or anxious about other people's judgment, I'm not saying magically but if you can try to block that from your mind and decide not to worry about that even for a few minutes. I'm extraordinarily self conscious and ashamed because of my trauma but sometimes I manage to just tell myself "I'm not going to think that way, I'm going to appreciate being outside and see everyone as a potential friend, a complex being with their weaknesses and preoccupations who would be just as grateful for a smile and someone reaching out to them as I would (I've noticed it's true for most people). Maybe you can find an environment where you feel more comfortable too.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: PreussenBlueJay, OpheliasFlowers, Weebster and 1 other person
onlyanimalsaregood

onlyanimalsaregood

Unlovable 💔 Rest in peace CommitSudoku 🤍
Mar 11, 2022
I feel you, I'm the same, but it's not that you're irrelevant. We live in a disconnected society. What you need is a solid connection, you just weren't as lucky as most "priviledged" people as I call them who've always had that.
Unfortunately this is so true.

Reactions: PreussenBlueJay, OpheliasFlowers, ReallyTired and 1 other person
WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
Yeah, if you're not privileged (socially or pretty), you will not feel or be considered relevant. It sucks, but not everyone can be up in life ;-;

Weebster

Weebster

Mar 11, 2022
You don't strike me as being that old—but aging is about being increasingly invisible and irrelevant. Sad, but true…
I can't stand it
I feel you, I'm the same, but it's not that you're irrelevant. We live in a disconnected society. What you need is a solid connection, you just weren't as lucky as most "priviledged" people as I call them who've always had that. Now I don't know myself where to find such a connection, I feel like it may take some excruciating persistence with all the odds against me, but if you're attractive you should find it more easily than me at least. It would help if you could try to not be self conscious or anxious about other people's judgment, I'm not saying magically but if you can try to block that from your mind and decide not to worry about that even for a few minutes. I'm extraordinarily self conscious and ashamed because of my trauma but sometimes I manage to just tell myself "I'm not going to think that way, I'm going to appreciate being outside and see everyone as a potential friend, a complex being with their weaknesses and preoccupations who would be just as grateful for a smile and someone reaching out to them as I would (I've noticed it's true for most people). Maybe you can find an environment where you feel more comfortable too.
Self consciousness makes me fixate on how I walk, which is uncomfortable. I'm attractive but not like a model. I get polarizing reactions when walking into a room, which fucks with my head. Some people will be really nice and accommodating while others seem to really dislike me.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: Grey-zoner and Al Cappella
Marine

Marine

*~ 絶対に 全てを取り戻させてもらう ~*
Jul 5, 2020
I can't stand it

Self consciousness makes me fixate on how I walk, which is uncomfortable. I'm attractive but not like a model. I get polarizing reactions when walking into a room, which fucks with my head. Some people will be really nice and accommodating while others seem to really dislike me.
Have you tried listening to music while you walk outside ? As for inside places the only thing that's helped me was focusing on how I like a place, how decorated it is, the music they play if any, how interesting the people look etc, being curious in a nutshell, and convincing myself that I look ok and friendly while I take my time taking everything in.

Attractiveness has a subjective side to it, which means many people will find you beautiful but others will also have a different type and others yet may find you threatening or may have bad memories associated to your style, whatever the reason is you'll never win everyone's heart. I know what I find attractive will not be considered that way by everyone, and since it's associated to my ex it's especially intimidating too. Many people have this idea that you're not supposed to be friendly with strangers, which is stupid, and keep a straight, busy or bothered face when you approach them. Some may simply be shy or not used to it though.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: PreussenBlueJay and OpheliasFlowers
Weebster

Weebster

Mar 11, 2022
Have you tried listening to music while you walk outside ? As for inside places the only thing that's helped me was focusing on how I like a place, how decorated it is, the music they play if any, how interesting the people look etc, being curious in a nutshell, and convincing myself that I look ok and friendly while I take my time taking everything in.

Attractiveness has a subjective side to it, which means many people will find you beautiful but others will also have a different type and others yet may find you threatening or may have bad memories associated to your style, whatever the reason is you'll never win everyone's heart. I know what I find attractive will not be considered that way by everyone, and since it's associated to my ex it's especially intimidating too. Many people have this idea that you're not suppose to be friendly with strangers, which is stupid, and keep a straight, busy or bothered face when you approach them. Some may simply be shy or not used to it though.
Indoors I do fine because I usually am there for a reason. Going to the park is pretty random. Nobody needs to go there.

Yeah it's subjective. I wish society was less antisocial so I could meet people more easily. Not even bars are a sure thing. Being on disability has locked me out of society. If I could work, then I could get to know coworkers.

Reactions: whatevs
Marine

Marine

*~ 絶対に 全てを取り戻させてもらう ~*
Jul 5, 2020
Indoors I do fine because I usually am there for a reason. Going to the park is pretty random. Nobody needs to go there.

Yeah it's subjective. I wish society was less antisocial so I could meet people more easily. Not even bars are a sure thing. Being on disability has locked me out of society. If I could work, then I could get to know coworkers.
Going for a walk is a valid reason I would say. I've heard many people here tell me that they approached people in parks and that it worked for them. It's still very intimidating to me though. Same. But going out to bars, associations, a gym, festivals or conferences is your best shot, that and dating sites.

Weebster

Weebster

Mar 11, 2022
Going for a walk is a valid reason I would say. I've heard many people here tell me that they approached people in parks and that it worked for them. It's still very intimidating to me though. Same. But going out to bars, associations, a gym, festivals or conferences is your best shot, that and dating sites.
I think my tense body language (ptsd) and stoic face repels people even if they find me attractive. I loosen up if they are receptive

Reactions: Grey-zoner
Marine

Marine

*~ 絶対に 全てを取り戻させてもらう ~*
Jul 5, 2020
I think my tense body language (ptsd) and stoic face repels people even if they find me attractive. I loosen up if they are receptive
I guess I have the same problem. If you get used to a place you appreciate and you know at least some friendly people (say, a barman) it can help you loosen up. Listening to upbeat / encouraging music on your way can also help you feel more confident. Also again focusing on how interesting someone looks rather than how you might get rejected if you can.

• Informative
Reactions: PreussenBlueJay and Weebster
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
Relevance is relative...

Reactions: NobodyKnowsMe and Grey-zoner
G

Grey-zoner

Dec 17, 2021
If I recall correctly (from my periodic forum lurking), you're in your early 30s, correct? So am I. Hardly "irrelevant" at that age, at least not until you're late 30s or 40s, depending on how well you take care of yourself, and if you're interested in 30-yearolds it obviously wouldn't be an issue at all.
I second motel rooms advice, as a NEET you might want to consider shrooming it to loosen up. I have identical anxiety problems in public and work, and they've gotten worse over the past several years. Almost the only time when I don't feel put in a harsh spotlight while walking, etc.. is if I'm very sleep-deprived or drunk. It took me a long time to realize that I have SAD, and it sounds like that might be one of your problems. Can go for the meds, mushrooms, exercise, or a few other options to address it. Nothing to lose.

whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022

If you worked you might discover how much you don't fit in with normal people, though.

I couldn't believe it but apparently guys of my age are into sports. I know this is common knowledge but when it comes to it I cannot relate to someone that wants to talk about soccer like it matters, it's absolutely alien to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Altvtysp and WorthlessTrash
Weebster

Weebster

Mar 11, 2022
If I recall correctly (from my periodic forum lurking), you're in your early 30s, correct? So am I. Hardly "irrelevant" at that age, at least not until you're late 30s or 40s, depending on how well you take care of yourself, and if you're interested in 30-yearolds it obviously wouldn't be an issue at all.
I second motel rooms advice, as a NEET you might want to consider shrooming it to loosen up. I have identical anxiety problems in public and work, and they've gotten worse over the past several years. Almost the only time when I don't feel put in a harsh spotlight while walking, etc.. is if I'm very sleep-deprived or drunk. It took me a long time to realize that I have SAD, and it sounds like that might be one of your problems. Can go for the meds, mushrooms, exercise, or a few other options to address it. Nothing to lose.
Being on disability has made me irrelevant. I don't really go anywhere because I can't afford to. And I don't know many people. The govt should've offered euthanasia as an alternative.
If you worked you might discover how much you don't fit in with normal people, though.

I couldn't believe it but apparently guys of my age are into sports. I know this is common knowledge but when it comes to it I cannot relate to someone that wants to talk about soccer like it matters, it's absolutely alien to me.
I had a job in my 20s where it was just guys. I didn't mesh with them because they all smoked and cared about trivial shit like the latest popular thing. The hiring manager laughed when I told him I read.

But I've met people I have gotten along with.

Yeah talking sports doesnt interest me. I like to play but not watch.

Last edited: