Serinaxo

Serinaxo

Apr 21, 2020
So I just received a text back from the family I was supposed to get a puppy from before lockdown happened. I wasn't as bad then and I'm in a different space right now regarding my mental health and a part of me wants to get it as I've been wanting one so bad but the other part of me who is suicidal and knows I will probably not make it to the end of year doesn't as I can't bear the thought of leaving my dog behind.
Maybe I'm also scared of getting better? Maybe getting a dog will help me and make me better and tbh that scares me a bit. I don't know what life is like without feeling this way this is all I know.
I don'tknow what to do I'm torn. Some days I don't feel as suicidal and other days I just feel empty and don't care if I diedI just don't understand myself or what I want sometimes

Reactions: autumnal and Klee
Klee

Klee

Never play cards with a magician.
Apr 19, 2020
I got a puppy last year, mostly because I had wanted a dog since I was a child, but also to give me a friend and some responsibility at home.
I had a great year last year, and he greatly contributed to that. He has definitely made me keep going this far, because he is someone to think about other than myself.
What kind of pup are you getting? :happy:

• Hugs
Reactions: Lostandfound7
Lostandfound7

Lostandfound7

Just waiting....
Jan 21, 2020
Hi honey. Pets, esp dogs (imo), can do wonders for ur mental health n provide wonderful companionship. I have 2 dogs and can tell u that they really are "man's best friend." They pick up on ur every emotion and have the ability to brighten ur day.

Get the puppy and ENJOY! :happy:

• Love
Reactions: Brink and Klee
enjolras

enjolras

Dead are useless if not to love the living more
Feb 13, 2020
Only had cats and a ferret (miss the later dearly). Would dream to have a Border Terrier ...if only I could commit to survive for a dog's lifetime. Don't want to abandon it mid course

Last edited:
Serinaxo

Serinaxo

Apr 21, 2020
I
I got a puppy last year, mostly because I had wanted a dog since I was a child, but also to give me a friend and some responsibility at home.
I had a great year last year, and he greatly contributed to that. He has definitely made me keep going this far, because he is someone to think about other than myself.
What kind of pup are you getting? :happy:
I was planning to get a shih tzu. I'm not sure if I will. That's what kind of scares me. He would be something that would keep me going ..
Hi honey. Pets, esp dogs (imo), can do wonders for ur mental health n provide wonderful companionship. I have 2 dogs and can tell u that they really are "man's best friend." They pick up on ur every emotion and have the ability to brighten ur day.

Get the puppy and ENJOY! :happy:

hey, I'm just unsure, I would hate to leave my dog behind if I went through with mysuicide. I would just be living for my dog then and I just don'tknow
Only had cats and a ferret (miss the later dearly). Would dream to have a Border Terrier ...if only I could commit to survive for a dog's lifetime. Don't want to abandon it mid course

aw, I've never had pets before but I've had a love for dogs for so long. That's how I feel too... that's why I'm unsure as to wether I should get one now. My future just looks so empty and I wouldn't want to abandon it after giving it a home and love

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Klee and enjolras
Klee

Klee

Never play cards with a magician.
Apr 19, 2020
Those are lovely little dogs! Personally, when I bought my dog (he is a Labrador), I made sure I would have somebody who could take him in the event that I wasn't around. This made me feel a little better about getting him.

Reactions: Brink, mothdust9 and enjolras
MotherOfCats

MotherOfCats

Apr 23, 2020
I think that if it's something that could save your life, then don't even debate it. If there's a chance of happiness, grab it with both arms! If the worst really happened and you still wanted to ctb, do you have anyone who would take the dog in?
I know that when I go, my fiancé would look after my two beautiful cats so they would be okay. Saying that, having them has kept me going this long so maybe they can keep me going a little longer.

Reactions: mothdust9 and Lostandfound7
M

mothdust9

Apr 22, 2020
Years ago when I was single and depressed, I adopted a german shepherd. One of the best decisions I ever made. He was the reason that kept me from leaving this world for many years. There's nothing like the love of a fur baby! I say go for it and get a doggie :)

• Love
Reactions: Klee and MotherOfCats
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I wish so much I could have a dog. I couldn't take care of one though due to physical restrictions.

• Hugs
Reactions: Brink
M

mothdust9

Apr 22, 2020
I wish so much I could have a dog. I couldn't take care of one though due to physical restrictions.
I'm sorry, Underscore. My chi says to send you a hug on his behalf and this cute pic of him to brighten your day :) He stays curled up beside me all the time. 0424201050a

Reactions: Deleted member 1465
Serinaxo

Serinaxo

Apr 21, 2020
no I wouldn't have any one to take care of him if I passed and it's fell through anyway he's upped the original asking price by a lot ..? It seems a lot of them are doing that bc of his lockdown situation more people are wanting pets . *sigh*
It obviously isn't meant for me to get a dog .. I was so excited when he messaged and now .. :(

Last edited:
The Dark Chaos

The Dark Chaos

Craving chaos..
Apr 17, 2020
So I just received a text back from the family I was supposed to get a puppy from before lockdown happened. I wasn't as bad then and I'm in a different space right now regarding my mental health and a part of me wants to get it as I've been wanting one so bad but the other part of me who is suicidal and knows I will probably not make it to the end of year doesn't as I can't bear the thought of leaving my dog behind.
Maybe I'm also scared of getting better? Maybe getting a dog will help me and make me better and tbh that scares me a bit. I don't know what life is like without feeling this way this is all I know.
I don'tknow what to do I'm torn. Some days I don't feel as suicidal and other days I just feel empty and don't care if I diedI just don't understand myself or what I want sometimes
I can totallyy relate to youu..I've alwayys wanted a pet dogg but my mother hates pets so I still don't have one..But there's alwayys been this conflict in myy mind that I alwayys want a pet dog but thenn I won't be able to leave him..I have this empty void within me most pf the days, whichh doesn't allows me to feel anyy emotion be it grief or happiness. Some dayys I just start lashing out at everyone because of it. But there are dayys when everything seems okay and fine..And I'm so confusedd between this..I just want things to be either entirely okayy and fine or I just want myy emptyy void..Living withh bothh is like hell!!