Morphosis

Morphosis

Experienced
Sep 22, 2019
Rabeprazole is a PPI (proton pump inhibitor) which reduces the amount of acid produced in the stomach.
Were you planning to use it as part of a regime with SN or something? What is it you need help or advice about?

Iwouldratherdie

Iwouldratherdie

Mar 31, 2020
Rabeprazole is a PPI (proton pump inhibitor) which reduces the amount of acid produced in the stomach.
Were you planning to use it as part of a regime with SN or something? What is it you need help or advice about?
I want to obtain the right regimen for SN and all I have is Rabeprazole which i don't think would work for SN regimen

Morphosis

Morphosis

Experienced
Sep 22, 2019
I want to obtain the right regimen for SN and all I have is Rabeprazole which i don't think would work for SN regimen
Ah right ok, I get it now. Sorry, I don't know enough about that part. I know the correct antiemetic is extremely important as it has to be a dopamine receptor antagonist like metoclopramide. I know the point of taking the recommended Tagamet is to reduce stomach acid which is also what your drug does, but I don't know enough to say if an alternative is safe. For example someone with just a little bit of knowledge and not enough research might say that any antiemetic will do and that's not the case. So I don't want to tell you that any stomach acid reducer will do when I don't have the research to back that up.
Maybe somebody else here will be able to help?
Sending you a hug anyway for what it's worth :hug:

Just had a thought.... if your doc was willing to prescribe Rabeprazole, how about going back and saying it's not really helping but someone had recommended Tagamet and could you try that instead? Could that be an option?

Last edited:
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
There is an SN Resource Page in the Resource Compilation. That page has a section on antacids. Many are available OTC and don't require a prescription.