chocolatebar

chocolatebar

Paragon
Jul 11, 2021
Discrimination is terrible. The kind of thing we only know how it feels when it happens to us. There's no other experience we can approximate to it in order to explain to someone else.

That place is like hell. They already have accusations of discriminating against several other things. Yesterday, it happened to me.

They also discriminated me for not driving and made fun of me when I told that I don't do it by choice. Apparently, one needs to drive a car in order to be human or part of this society.

People are telling me to do legal actions against them, but it requires me to deal with a lot of bureaucracy, see a lot of strangers and have to attend to some immediate callings. Asking me to do it in order to fight for my rights for being someone who have difficulties doing these very things is quite the irony...

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Isisnefert, WhatPowerIs, outatime_85 and 10 others
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
Legal action should be taken. People should not be allowed to get away with hurting others. I'm not saying whether you should or not. Without going into detail there's worse things that should be reported that don't get reported simply because the person can't emotionally handle it. Do what's right for you.
Also if these people telling you that are irl, I hope they plan on emotionally supporting you during the process and not just throwing you in alone hoping you'll swim, because if not then they probably shouldn't have spoken because they don't get it. You don't just start a court case, especially if it's personal (abuse). It's emotionally... Exhausting only begins to explain it, you can't just be like "do this" like it's nothing because it's not even close to nothing, it's everything and outside people seem to miss that.

Reactions: whatevs
chocolatebar

chocolatebar

Paragon
Jul 11, 2021
I hope they plan on emotionally supporting you during the process and not just throwing you in alone hoping you'll swim,

And that's exactly what they want to do...

Thank you for your insight. You make some good points in there. You even have the experience yourself...
By the way, how's it going?

In my case, there's this special issue with the social demand of it and how much making a case will push me into distress. I could easily defend myself if I could do it by writing documents, but they require me to go into some offices far away from my home and report it verbally to people who will use authority against me. Even a non autistic person can have difficulties with this.

• Hugs
Reactions: whatevs and Life_and_Death
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
By the way, how's it going
Not pressing charges. Still trying to get out of here myself lol. But, I did tell him he has until the end of september. I know I'm probably stupid lol
In my case, there's this special issue with the social demand of it and how much making a case will push me into distress. I could easily defend myself if I could do it by writing documents, but they require me to go into some offices far away from my home and report it verbally to people who will use authority against me. Even a non autistic person can have difficulties with this
Away from home. Ouch, yeah I can see why that would make it harder. If you do decide to go through with it maybe you could bring something from home with you like a Teddy bear.
Growing up I always brought Teddy bears when I went away. I even brought a huge one to middle school because I was getting a needle that day :hihi:.
Also what if you were to take your time writing it out first then you could either hopefully hand it to them saying it's too difficult for you or at the very least your thoughts are already written out so you're not standing there searching for them under the stress and you can read it (God I hate dealing with that).

• Hugs
Reactions: chocolatebar
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
Yep. Your house, your car, your couple. Normie requirements along with say watching Game of Thrones when it was in vogue. Trends. I'm carless and sexless.

This is why I stay away from most people. I don't even enjoy their company that much either way, it's not all fear, there's some disgust or boredom in the mix.

• Hugs
Reactions: WhatPowerIs, Élégie, NumbItAll and 1 other person
chocolatebar

chocolatebar

Paragon
Jul 11, 2021
Not pressing charges. Still trying to get out of here myself lol. But, I did tell him he has until the end of september. I know I'm probably stupid lol

Away from home. Ouch, yeah I can see why that would make it harder. If you do decide to go through with it maybe you could bring something from home with you like a Teddy bear.
Growing up I always brought Teddy bears when I went away. I even brought a huge one to middle school because I was getting a needle that day :hihi:.
Also what if you were to take your time writing it out first then you could either hopefully hand it to them saying it's too difficult for you or at the very least your thoughts are already written out so you're not standing there searching for them under the stress and you can read it (God I hate dealing with that).

Writing and giving them the paper is actually a great idea. Thank you. They will probably still ask questions about it, but it's more manageable.

You don't have to feel stupid for not pressing charges. It can be infuriating to know that the person will suffer no consequences for what they did, but only you know how difficult it is to go on with the case. And, as you said, with little support from people around us, it's even harder.

Yep. Your house, your car, your couple. Normie requirements along with say watching Game of Thrones when it was in vogue. Trends. I'm carless and sexless.

This is why I stay away from most people. I don't even enjoy their company that much either way, it's not all fear, there's some disgust or boredom in the mix.

Welcome to the carless gang. We don't pollute or contribute to the car dependency of the cities and we contribute much less to the oil dependent economy. In addition, we even exercise more xD

Reactions: whatevs and NumbItAll
Sibyl Vane

Sibyl Vane

Experienced
May 28, 2022
I'm so sorry this happened to you. You seem to be such a lovely and kind person. I hope you manage to get some resolution and compensation out of this terrible situation.

I also don't have a car and seeing the current gas prices and all the other expenses it requires, I would classify us as being the smart ones. :pfff:

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Informative
Reactions: outatime_85 and chocolatebar
chocolatebar

chocolatebar

Paragon
Jul 11, 2021
I'm so sorry this happened to you. You seem to be such a lovely and kind person. I hope you manage to get some resolution and compensation out of this terrible situation.

I also don't have a car and seeing the current gas prices and all the other expenses it requires, I would classify us as being the smart ones. :pfff:
Thank you for your words. They mean a lot to me.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sibyl Vane
WhatPowerIs

WhatPowerIs

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
Discrimination is terrible. The kind of thing we only know how it feels when it happens to us. There's no other experience we can approximate to it in order to explain to someone else.

That place is like hell. They already have accusations of discriminating against several other things. Yesterday, it happened to me.

They also discriminated me for not driving and made fun of me when I told that I don't do it by choice. Apparently, one needs to drive a car in order to be human or part of this society.

People are telling me to do legal actions against them, but it requires me to deal with a lot of bureaucracy, see a lot of strangers and have to attend to some immediate callings. Asking me to do it in order to fight for my rights for being someone who have difficulties doing these very things is quite the irony...
I am sorry to hear about all of this. I completely understand your concerns. Do you walk to work? Or take public transportation? I'm learning how to drive and it just sucks. I really can't relate to everybody else when they say they love driving. Driving frustrates me and it leaves me constantly second guessing my own decisions. If your work is within walking distance, or you take public transport, or somebody else drives you, then there's no shame in any of it. More people should take public transport in my opinion, a lot of people seem to own a car just for the sake of it, at least here in America.

• Hugs
Reactions: chocolatebar
chocolatebar

chocolatebar

Paragon
Jul 11, 2021
I am sorry to hear about all of this. I completely understand your concerns. Do you walk to work? Or take public transportation? I'm learning how to drive and it just sucks. I really can't relate to everybody else when they say they love driving. Driving frustrates me and it leaves me constantly second guessing my own decisions. If your work is within walking distance, or you take public transport, or somebody else drives you, then there's no shame in any of it. More people should take public transport in my opinion, a lot of people seem to own a car just for the sake of it, at least here in America.
It's not what most people would consider a walking distance, but I walk anyway. I could take the public transportation, but it gives me some extra social distress and I avoid it.

Reactions: WhatPowerIs
H

Hookah-smoking-cat

Apr 24, 2022
Omg welcome to the real world honey. Everyone has to deal with that kind of bullshit. Do you think maybe you should work on blowing people off.