nil243

nil243

Feb 18, 2021
2-3 years ago I spent more than a year not buying sh*t trying to save up for a gaming PC hoping to be able to play all kinds of games and to connect more with online friends without having to borrow my siblings' console, and when I finally built it, I felt like I already lost interest. I still find it really hard to stick with any game.

I don't know how to enjoy myself with other people. Always being on my own and feeling resentment towards everyone while feeling really isolated, which gets exacerbated with every new hyped game release since I can't join the hype

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: houseofleaves, TheSoulless, demuic and 7 others
Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
I am not a people person at all, but I find losing myself in online games has helped, I often play fornite silently with other players (No mic games) Knowing there are people there but not having to talk can sometimes be enough.
Enjoying yourself with other people doesn't have to be a thing, find your own comfort with yourself first, find a place where you are happy, its hard place to be in

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: houseofleaves, demuic, WrongPlaceWrongTime and 3 others
nil243

nil243

Feb 18, 2021
I am not a people person at all, but I find losing myself in online games has helped, I often play fornite silently with other players (No mic games) Knowing there are people there but not having to talk can sometimes be enough.
Enjoying yourself with other people doesn't have to be a thing, find your own comfort with yourself first, find a place where you are happy, its hard place to be in
Thanks!! this gave me so much relief

• Hugs
Reactions: houseofleaves and demuic
K

knockedlooseagain

Mar 6, 2022
I can relate to this so hard!! I built a PC in hopes of reconnecting with my love for video games but I haven't been able to enjoy it. I would definitely look for games with other players but no mic like Soulless Angel said. I hope your friend comes around to play soon!

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: demuic, WrongPlaceWrongTime, whatevs and 2 others
H

HappyForever?

Love from the deepest dream
Feb 14, 2021
That's why I mostly play single player games now. I can't find anyone to play multiplayer games with me and I'm not interested in them anyway.

• Love
Reactions: demuic, edu0z and nil243
edu0z

edu0z

carried away by a moonlight shadow
Aug 25, 2021
2-3 years ago I spent more than a year not buying sh*t trying to save up for a gaming PC hoping to be able to play all kinds of games and to connect more with online friends without having to borrow my siblings' console, and when I finally built it, I felt like I already lost interest. I still find it really hard to stick with any game.

I don't know how to enjoy myself with other people. Always being on my own and feeling resentment towards everyone while feeling really isolated, which gets exacerbated with every new hyped game release since I can't join the hype
I love games and also online games. But I'm not someone from a "tribe"... I don't fit very well into a group and yet that doesn't stop me from enjoying the games. I love survival games, and it may seem silly but when I play rust or Ark I always go on my own. It comforts me to know that there are more people on the server and that I am not alone, sometimes I even collaborate with others, but most of the time I like to be alone and build things. Once I also tried to play Wow and I found the same result. What I enjoyed most was exploring the world by myself and leveling up.

You don't have to torture yourself for the simple fact that you don't fit in with others. Someday you will find people with whom you really feel comfortable and until then enjoy your favorite games. After all the PC you bought it to play :).

• Love
Reactions: nil243
nil243

nil243

Feb 18, 2021
I love games and also online games. But I'm not someone from a "tribe"... I don't fit very well into a group and yet that doesn't stop me from enjoying the games. I love survival games, and it may seem silly but when I play rust or Ark I always go on my own. It comforts me to know that there are more people on the server and that I am not alone, sometimes I even collaborate with others, but most of the time I like to be alone and build things. Once I also tried to play Wow and I found the same result. What I enjoyed most was exploring the world by myself and leveling up.

You don't have to torture yourself for the simple fact that you don't fit in with others. Someday you will find people with whom you really feel comfortable and until then enjoy your favorite games. After all the PC you bought it to play :).
thank you!!!
I can relate to this so hard!! I built a PC in hopes of reconnecting with my love for video games but I haven't been able to enjoy it. I would definitely look for games with other players but no mic like Soulless Angel said. I hope your friend comes around to play soon!
sorry that you find it relatable :( hopefully it's never too late to find joy in things again

Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime and whatevs
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
I also got my parents to pay for some new components for a gaming desktop PC 2 years ago and I barely have played. At the time I was starting a programming course and I thought I might make friends or socialize with people in class by gaming but then I realized I mostly hate videogames now, especially the popular ones like League of Legends. So I accepted that I have very little in common with my classmates and stayed lonely.

It's weird and very sad how something you could spend hours immersed in every day becomes bland or even psychological unpleasant. This kind of radical transformation isn't normal, it might be what they call "depression". Because the same thing happened to me with literature, which is a completely different interest and shouldn't be affected by age as it is something more enjoyed by adults.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: nil243 and Disappointered
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Me too, my bf spend hours playing it, 3 screens, a keyboard with red lights , all looks like the stock market for me, not even a PlayStation does it for me. And I'm game generation. Guess I'm an old soul. At least I save money on games.

• Love
Reactions: houseofleaves, nil243 and whatevs