N

noname223

Archangel
Aug 18, 2020
I want to try to postpone my death for a while. My suffering/ pleasure ratio is not that bad that i want to ctb now but it probably will get worse. However i want to have an exit when time has come. This can take several years. How long do you think this forum will exist? In the future i fear suicide prevention becomes better. And someone told me SN will probably disappear in some years. Unfortunately SN only last for 3 years. So i cannot buy it now and store it for the future. Maybe assisted dying will be legalized in my homecountry but it is expensive as fuck.

Reactions: Thinking, Spitfire and Final Escape
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
"I want to try to get old"
it interests me how 2 people looking for the same thing can be so different. im scared of getting old. its actually a fear of mine and one of the reasons i dont want to live. i just cant see anything good coming from aging. i have enough physical problems as is at 21 and my self-consciousnesses....i wouldnt ever be able to leave the house.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, Sprite_Geist, Red and 4 others
N

noname223

Archangel
Aug 18, 2020
I am just afraid of my future. Money problems etc. My pain scale is 6/10. When suicide comes closer it is probably 8/10. So i try to stay away from that for a while.

IsThisTheEnd?

IsThisTheEnd?

Mange
Aug 6, 2020
there's no rewards or anything is there for just keep trying, there's no medals or anything but there bloody should be.

Reactions: death137
N

noname223

Archangel
Aug 18, 2020
there's no rewards or anything is there for just keep trying, there's no medals or anything but there bloody should be.
I think i could live with this 6/10 pain. It sucks but there is also enough positive in my life. But i see my life deteriorating and i wont survive this 7/10 pain with poverty

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
Nice :) it's a worthy goal. Sometimes it helps to look at aging as a privilege and not a sad or depressing event. If u make it to an old age u gain lots of wisdom and perspective changes. I guess once u can't do things anymore aging stops becoming fun especially if u have no family and grandchildren to regularly visit u and do stuff with u. But until u are just falling apart and feeling like shit I would hold off if u can.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993
NextSummer

NextSummer

Experienced
Mar 28, 2019
Similar problem here. I will end my life in around 15 years (when I get homeless). I hope SN will be around that time.

Reactions: noname223
F

foxdie

Got my ticket
Aug 18, 2020
I want to try to postpone my death for a while. My suffering/ pleasure ratio is not that bad that i want to ctb now but it probably will get worse. However i want to have an exit when time has come. This can take several years. How long do you think this forum will exist? In the future i fear suicide prevention becomes better. And someone told me SN will probably disappear in some years. Unfortunately SN only last for 3 years. So i cannot buy it now and store it for the future. Maybe assisted dying will be legalized in my homecountry but it is expensive as fuck.

If you feel you're in a position to postpone ctb, then don't worry about methods. Focus on whatever else that is making you postpone ctb. Methods may become more difficult or more easy going forward, who knows, this world is a mad house. So yeah it's your choice but I know I want to die, if you have doubt, might as well explore that. My 2 cents.

G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
I am in a similar position. It may be a couple decades before it is ok for me to CTB. Try
ry not to worry about if a specific method will be there later. There will always be ways for die, and it may make you feel better to research and find a backup method or two.

Reactions: less than