Mimmicravesdeath

Mimmicravesdeath

Struggling
Feb 6, 2023
Noone really knows about ky condition even though there are many clear signs. I've completely stopped eating or going out. My parents just think im lazy i have no idea how to bring up therapy as it is considered taboo where i live byt I want to give it a try.
Also has anyone ever god help from therapy or is it not worth it?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: morimori, Shivali and TransilvanianHunger
Illidan77

Illidan77

╰━≪ - ≫─╯
Nov 22, 2022
it helps me to a certain point but i have a friend who greatly helped by it.
I believe it's worth it.. I mean nothing to lose right ?

Reactions: Shivali
Mimmicravesdeath

Mimmicravesdeath

Struggling
Feb 6, 2023
it helps me to a certain point but i have a friend who greatly helped by it.
I believe it's worth it.. I mean nothing to lose right ?
Yes but how do i bring it up infront of my parents they'll lose their minds if they found out that their daughter is mentally unstable lmao

• Hugs
Reactions: TransilvanianHunger
Illidan77

Illidan77

╰━≪ - ≫─╯
Nov 22, 2022
@Mimmicravesdeath :blarg::pfff: yeah it's still kinda a taboo too here, hmm idk if you can lie / sugarcoat it like probably 'counselling' instead 'therapy' 🤔 idk if that makes any differences.
but err not doing anything if it's been so long and really affect daily life, kinda bad. I let it too long that it lead to other many problems.
oh idk in there, but in my place, now there's an app in which you can consult online (i think it's free but only psychologist, and another in kinda low price if it's with psychiatrist but the meds can be expensive relatively), i've been using an app called 'Balance' for meditation. And before I've been using app Talklife and 7cups for peer support and also FB & reddit group.
It's kinda sucks that it's still kinda taboo, even here it's still kinda a taboo lol, but if it's bad, don't let it linger too long

:hug:

jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
I'm half way through a month of online therapy. It hasn't really helped, I don't think my therapist is very good. She listens and empathises but that's about it. It would be helpful to learn coping strategies. There must be better therapists out there. The 45 minutes chatting online go so quickly, we don't really talk about much, it all seems like fluff. I know it's possible to get an awful lot out of therapy but I'm just not feeling it at all. Waste of money at£40 per bloody session

Reactions: Mimmicravesdeath and losing hope
TransilvanianHunger

TransilvanianHunger

Grave with a view...
Jan 22, 2023
Yes, I think it's worth trying and I'd encourage you to give it a go.
Yes but how do i bring it up infront of my parents they'll lose their minds if they found out that their daughter is mentally unstable lmao
In general, avoid talking about any specific diagnostic or label, like "depressed" or similar things—some people hear these terms and immediately think that it's just an overly dramatic of saying one is sad or something, especially if the diagnosis didn't come from a psychologist. Instead, talk to them about how you feel, and what effect it has on you and those around you. If you're not eating well, or not getting enough sleep, or going out much, explain to them what you're feeling that results in those things, or how you feel knowing that they think you're just being lazy. Tell them you've been trying to improve your mood on your own but it's not working as you'd like, so you feel that talking to a professional could help you make sense of what's going on.

It's not an easy conversation to have for most people, because it's not "normal" to be open about one's mental health struggles. But if you need their support to seek out a therapist, it's something that you'll need to do.

Be honest, strong, and I wish you luck :)
She listens and empathises but that's about it. It would be helpful to learn coping strategies. There must be better therapists out there. The 45 minutes chatting online go so quickly, we don't really talk about much, it all seems like fluff. I know it's possible to get an awful lot out of therapy but I'm just not feeling it at all. Waste of money at£40 per bloody session
Don't want to de-rail the thread, but have you mentioned this to the therapist? Assuming you're doing a weekly session, half a month in a therapist is probably still trying to figure out the situation, and won't jump in with suggestions right away. They'll let you talk, they'll listen, and analyse, but if you feel like you could use some advice right away, definitely mention it to her. 40 quid per session is not nothing.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Mimmicravesdeath
bijou

bijou

meow meow meow
Jan 23, 2023
i have been to multiple treatment centers, dbt groups and have gone through different therapists. the one i have right now is very good and has been immensely helpful, but not all therapists are created equal. you have to find one that is suited to your needs, and makes you feel comfortable talking about difficult topics + expressing your emotions. just as an example, don't go see an eating disorder therapist if you don't have an eating disorder.

i'd also recommend a psychologist over just a therapist, as they are legally able to give diagnoses that can help in managing behaviors if that's what you would like.

Reactions: TransilvanianHunger and Mimmicravesdeath
Mimmicravesdeath

Mimmicravesdeath

Struggling
Feb 6, 2023
oh idk in there, but in my place, now there's an app in which you can consult online (i think it's free but only psychologist, and another in kinda low price if it's with psychiatrist but the meds can be expensive relatively), i've been using an app called 'Balance' for meditation. And before I've been using app Talklife and 7cups for peer support and also FB & reddit group.
l've used everything you mentioned lol but the therapist online often end up saying "reach out to a real professional or talk to your parents" it's getting worse now so ill take your other advice and sugarcoat it as "counseling"
In general, avoid talking about any specific diagnostic or label, like "depressed" or similar things—some people hear these terms and immediately think that it's just an overly dramatic of saying one is sad or something, especially if the diagnosis didn't come from a psychologist. Instead, talk to them about how you feel, and what effect it has on you and those around you. If you're not eating well, or not getting enough sleep, or going out much, explain to them what you're feeling that results in those things, or how you feel knowing that they think you're just being lazy. Tell them you've been trying to improve your mood on your own but it's not working as you'd like, so you feel that talking to a professional could help you make sense of what's going on.

It's not an easy conversation to have for most people, because it's not "normal" to be open about one's mental health struggles. But if you need their support to seek out a therapist, it's something that you'll need to do.

Be honest, strong, and I wish you luck :)

Thsi is great advice. It gave me some motivation. Tysm

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Illidan77 and TransilvanianHunger