rabbit_feet

rabbit_feet

a ghost amongst many
Apr 1, 2023
I've never done s/h before. One of my biggest most irrational fears is physical pain. I go out of my way to avoid any situation that could cause me physical pain, but everything is just so messy. My life is falling apart. I can't take it anymore. I just need something to make me not think about it. I can't even focus on work or school anymore, which was usually how I would escape the bad shit happening before. It's gotten to be too much, I just want a distraction.
How do I start s/h? What is the easiest, cleanest method? Also ideally, easy to hide from others ( I have 3 roommates and a bf who would freak out if he found out).

Reactions: Why am i still here
filthystray

filthystray

Get me out of here
Sep 21, 2023
You could try the rubber band method. It stings and you can do it multiple times and all it may do is leave a mark

Reactions: Why am i still here and rabbit_feet
kit.

kit.

Feb 18, 2023
what is the rubber band method?
you take a rubberband and put it on ur wrist . then from the inner wrist area you pull the string back and let go and if you pulled it far enough itll cause a stinging feeling. you can do that if ur craving pain. most people recovering from s/h use it to cope

Reactions: Why am i still here, rabbit_feet and wtfislife
BringMeToLife

BringMeToLife

I'm stuck in here
Apr 13, 2023
I don't think it's worth going into this hole. If you've never done it before - why start forcing yourself (given the fear of physical pain)?
I wish I could offer you healthier coping methods, but I don't know anything about it.
If you really want to do it, the rubber band method should be fine. As someone above said, it's used for recovery

Reactions: blackwidow, irregularreconcile and wtfislife
rabbit_feet

rabbit_feet

a ghost amongst many
Apr 1, 2023
I don't think it's worth going into this hole. If you've never done it before - why start forcing yourself (given the fear of physical pain)?
I want to because I desperately want to feel something other than fear and worry and despair. I don't know what else I can do, and despite my fear of pain, hurting myself is starting seem more and more appealing. At least the pain would give me something else to focus on, even just temporarily

BringMeToLife

BringMeToLife

I'm stuck in here
Apr 13, 2023
I want to because I desperately want to feel something other than fear and worry and despair. I don't know what else I can do, and despite my fear of pain, hurting myself is starting seem more and more appealing. At least the pain would give me something else to focus on, even just temporarily
I understand this very well. What else to do? - Unfortunately, I don't know the answer myself.
Take care

• Love
Reactions: rabbit_feet
K

k7654321

Oct 1, 2023
another thing you can try is holding ice really tight - it gets painful and you keep doing it as long as you need the pain

Reactions: Why am i still here and FairyOfShampoo
FairyOfShampoo

FairyOfShampoo

Oct 3, 2023
another thing you can try is holding ice really tight - it gets painful and you keep doing it as long as you need the pain
I can only recommend this! It really helps me personally. Eating something really spicy like chili pepper also helps!(feels like my mouths on fire every time but it distracts me)

Last edited:
obei

obei

This is the only place where you can say “kys”
Aug 4, 2023
The things people mentioned above are good, do not do anything that will permanently leave you with marks. Things they mentioned are painful and can help you with the urge.