nothingnobody

nothingnobody

Jul 9, 2023
what is the point of all this? doing all of this that has been repeated trillions of times for the last 2 million years. what do i really hope to achieve by being alive? the best part about most humans lives is that they get to cuddle up with another human being and do nothing together like some sort of primate. there is nothing to actually achieve in this world. look at any elderly person who is drawing their last breaths and see where that has got them. doing the same thing at age 90 as they were at age 20, eating fucking shitting sleeping. and even if you do achieve something great, you wont be here to experience it anyways. and even if you were here forever, can you imagine how mundane it would be to be here for longer than a life time? even during the average span of a human life time, for the average person their potential is already met and they are on a downward spiral by the time they are in their 30s. i want to kill myself and see what death is all about already because i am bored of all this. maybe in death it will be better than all of this nonsense before i have to endure the 50 year long downward spiral that is the latter 2 thirds of your life.

Reactions: cscott, CyVir, Couldydays and 1 other person
Zegers

Zegers

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
The meaning of life depends on your living environment, that concept that life gets better or worse at a certain age is bs. It all depends how your life goes, factors such as health, environment, wealth.

Best wishes in whatever you do.

nothingnobody

nothingnobody

Jul 9, 2023
The meaning of life depends on your living environment, that concept that life gets better or worse at a certain age is bs. It all depends how your life goes, factors such as health, environment, wealth.
the meaning of life for most people, seems to be to experience as much pleasure as possible and then die peacefully and not care what happens afterwards. they avoid thoughts and actions that make them feel bad. things like having kids or following a religion are some things that people do to feel as good as possible which is the real reason they do them whether they admit that or not. i think we all know its a stupid fucking game about getting the biggest dopamine hits possible at any expense and avoiding crashing from that but no one cares or wants to admit it.
how could i have ever been so unlucky enough to be born and have to go through this nonsense.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: cscott, Foreverix, Couldydays and 1 other person
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
what is the point of all this? doing all of this that has been repeated trillions of times for the last 2 million years. what do i really hope to achieve by being alive? the best part about most humans lives is that they get to cuddle up with another human being and do nothing together like some sort of primate. there is nothing to actually achieve in this world. look at any elderly person who is drawing their last breaths and see where that has got them. doing the same thing at age 90 as they were at age 20, eating fucking shitting sleeping. and even if you do achieve something great, you wont be here to experience it anyways. and even if you were here forever, can you imagine how mundane it would be to be here for longer than a life time? even during the average span of a human life time, for the average person their potential is already met and they are on a downward spiral by the time they are in their 30s. i want to kill myself and see what death is all about already because i am bored of all this. maybe in death it will be better than all of this nonsense before i have to endure the 50 year long downward spiral that is the latter 2 thirds of your life.
I don't see the point of it either. I hate having to follow this absurd pipeline of being born, school, work, get old, and die. I hate that this is what we have to do in this world. There should be more to life than this. I hate the fact that it costs money to exist on this planet and that we must work to live and earn our livings. I feel like this is such a boring and meaningless existence.

I'm planning to ctb before 25 so I never have to work or enter the workforce. I'm going to escape adulthood and old age. I never want to reach old age, I don't want to get old. I don't see the point of living that long anyways. Life is so boring, I can't even imagine living another 2 years, let alone 60. I'd hate to spend 50 years of my life working. That's so depressing to me. There's also really no point in getting old, your body and mind just deteriorate. The latter 2/3rds of life truly are a downward spiral.

Reactions: Foreverix and Couldydays
Ampsvx123

Ampsvx123

Student
Jul 10, 2018
2 millions years? When it is all set and done, wherever has more matters, is where it all restart, gravity pulls back omnisciently all there is, nuclear reactions push it all back. Who knows how many cycles our universe have had.

The punishment of life has been going for a long time... It appears some can't escape it, but perhaps the righteous, the guiltless just may.

Reactions: sserafim
nothingnobody

nothingnobody

Jul 9, 2023
2 millions years? When it is all set and done, wherever has more matters, is where it all restart, gravity pulls back omnisciently all there is, nuclear reactions push it all back. Who knows how many cycles our universe have had.

The punishment of life has been going for a long time... It appears some can't escape it, but perhaps the righteous, the guiltless just may.
a never ending nightmare. every nightmare you can conceive.

• Wow
Reactions: sserafim and Foreverix
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023

Why did life even have to exist in the first place though? Like what's the reason for all of this?

Foreverix

Foreverix

Aeternum Vale
Sep 18, 2023
read peter zapffe
I've been doing some reading on Zapffe, and I understand his antinatalism led him to not procreate. But why did he turn his life to sublimation? Why didn't he succumb to suicide? Was it just the will to live? Does he ever explain this in his own writing?

Edit: thanks for recommending him BTW. I feel a kinship with his philosophy.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
I mean more of why did life arise on this planet, like life as in the origin of life. What's the reason or purpose of that? How and why did the earliest lifeforms come into being?

nothingnobody

nothingnobody

Jul 9, 2023
I mean more of why did life arise on this planet, like life as in the origin of life. What's the reason or purpose of that? How and why did the earliest lifeforms come into being?
just like everything else, nobody actually knows or will ever know.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It's certainly understandable just wishing to be free, I honestly don't understand how anyone could ever wish to exist, existence is just burdensome, futile, unnecessary and meaningless to me. I see it as always preferable to cease existing than to pointlessly decay from age just waiting around to die, repeating the same mundane tasks over and over with nothing to be gained by it. I don't believe that existence was ever something worth enduring in the first place, it was a mistake.