rammi77

rammi77

trying to become the friend of the world !
Aug 19, 2023
There's a friend I really really like. We've been close for a long time, they're my longest standing friend, and they mean so much to me. At the same time I really want to CTB and I would have already if they weren't here for me. I have confided in them about it before and they told me that if I did they'd have nothing and would CTB too just to not feel lonely without me. They cut my name into them a year or so ago so I don't really doubt they'd do that if I really did CTB. Selfishly I considered doing it together because I just, I don't know really, it feels romantic in a weird way and I think I'd be less scared if they were with me. But obviously I don't want my friend to die. What should I do? Should I just CTB by myself and hope they aren't too impacted? I don't want to ruin their life.

Kripo

Kripo

May 26, 2021
The wellbeing of others should not be any of your concern, your life is yours, and yours alone. However, seeing that you are conflicted, I'd suggest the "three day rule": when you are on the brink of ctb, wait three days and see if you still feel the same. When you are planning on ending your life, a couple of days to make doubly sure you are going through with it won't hurt.

Also, talk to other people. Doesn't matter about what subject, or where (online or off). It helped me tremendously to just randomly talk/chat with people online to get out of the echo chambers I was in at the time.

Best wishes and good luck :)

Reactions: rammi77
rammi77

rammi77

trying to become the friend of the world !
Aug 19, 2023
The wellbeing of others should not be any of your concern, your life is yours, and yours alone. However, seeing that you are conflicted, I'd suggest the "three day rule": when you are on the brink of ctb, wait three days and see if you still feel the same. When you are planning on ending your life, a couple of days to make doubly sure you are going through with it won't hurt.

Also, talk to other people. Doesn't matter about what subject, or where (online or off). It helped me tremendously to just randomly talk/chat with people online to get out of the echo chambers I was in at the time.

Best wishes and good luck :)
That's fair! I was just wondering if it's morally wrong to walk someone to help me CTB or to do it with me. I think it'd be comforting. I'll probably do CTB regardless!

Kripo

Kripo

May 26, 2021
I'd consider it immoral to "push" someone else to ctb because of your own comfort. It being such a grave decision, any person should arrive at the conclusion by themselves, without someone else suggesting it.

I get the feeling tho, comfort feels like a luxury nowadays. If you ever need to vent or talk, feel free to.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I think it's up to you deciding what to do, nobody is obligated to continue existing here. But anyway best wishes.