lefi

lefi

waiting for rainy days
Aug 19, 2023
I was ready to end it all until the end of this year. I decided on hanging myself, researched and learnt everything that I'm supposed to know and saved up money to buy a nice rope. I just had to decide where I'd do it.

But then at the beginning of the summer, my father died.

We had a complicated relationship for as long as I can remember, even after his death it seems that everything has gotted even more complicated. I didn't think I'd mourn him this much. Or maybe I'm mourning the life I lost since he was the sole breadwinner of the family, I didn't even realize how privileged I was until I lost it all.

My mom isn't in any shape to work (disability). I'm in college and without finishing it first I'm not in a position to find a good enough job that will support us both. Student jobs don't exist here, only full time ones. We don't have any reliable family left.. For now we're living off of my father's money that was left behind and we'll be getting around 50€ as help from our country... Which obviously is nothing. My mom's getting some lousy money cus of her situation too.

I don't know what we'll do once my father's money runs out.

I can't CBT and leave my mother alone. She wasn't the best mother, but seeing how my father's death left her broken makes me want to cry every day. She's empty now, like a fragment of someone I used to know. My death wouldn't only kill me, but her too for sure.

But I don't want to live like this anymore. Even before everything that happened, I didn't want to live in this world. How am I supposed to manage it now when everything is a hundred times harder? I want to die so badly, I had everything planned out and now what. Am I supposed to just abandon it? I've always been like this, I don't know how to live differently. I can't just ignore it in favor of saving someone else. I can't live for someone. I don't want to.

I've never wanted this.

Even if I run away somewhere to CBT so I'm never found, who is going to take care of my mother? Is she really going to spend her whole life worrying where I am and hoping that one day I'm going to come back? Or will that be the last straw for her too? She's not well enough physically and mentally to live alone, who is going to make sure she's alright or if she's in need of anything?

I can't, God.. I just can't do anything.

I don't want to live, but I can't die too.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: UnrulyNightmare, N33dT0D13, Praestat_Mori and 6 others
GuessWhosBack

GuessWhosBack

If you have doubts, reach out. Here to listen.
Jul 15, 2024
Your situation is very though. My condolences for the loss of your father. How many years of college do you have left?

aipuweth

aipuweth

im a loser to and fro
Aug 17, 2024
I don't want to mislead you but I'd do it if I was in your place. Also you can still try because of your mother but personally, I don't care about the people who would miss me if I was gone because the pain often feels so unbearable. Wish you good luck.

Reactions: Evelyn Lane
lefi

lefi

waiting for rainy days
Aug 19, 2023
Your situation is very though. My condolences for the loss of your father. How many years of college do you have left?
Thank you, it means much <3 Two, or three if I take a gap year because of the situation :(
I don't want to mislead you but I'd do it if I was in your place. Also you can still try because of your mother but personally, I don't care about the people who would miss me if I was gone because the pain often feels so unbearable. Wish you good luck.
Yea, I didn't care before this summer too. I might give my mother some time to settle and I'll see from there.

• Hugs
Reactions: aipuweth and GuessWhosBack
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I certainly understand that it's so dreadful and tiring feeling trapped in this existence when you just wish to be gone, I'm sorry you suffer. But anyway I wish you all the best.

• Hugs
Reactions: lefi
Chronicallyunwell

Chronicallyunwell

Aug 9, 2024
For goodness sake girl, im sorry but I would give anything to trade places with you. Do not think about killing yourself.

• Love
SoulWhisperer

SoulWhisperer

Careless Soul « MtF »
Nov 13, 2023
I am so sorry that you are going through all of this... :(

• Love
S

suffering_mo_7

Experienced
May 8, 2024
I can only empathize with your situation. If you have good health and quality of life, put this out of your mind and live for your mother
.... and yourself. Get off this site and try your darndest to do everything you can to really live.

• Love
lefi

lefi

waiting for rainy days
Aug 19, 2023
Thank you all for the encouraging words, I honestly didn't expect anyone to comment cus I wrote this in a hurry after a panic attack. I just needed a place to vent.
For goodness sake girl, im sorry but I would give anything to trade places with you. Do not think about killing yourself.
Please don't wish to trade places with me, I don't want this burden on anybody, all of us have battles that we secretly fight. Thank you for being kind, it means a lot.
I can only empathize with your situation. If you have good health and quality of life, put this out of your mind and live for your mother
.... and yourself. Get off this site and try your darndest to do everything you can to really live.
I will try my hardest for now, I don't know if I'll be able to hold up though. Thank you for the kind words, I didn't know that I needed to hear something like this until now.

Chronicallyunwell

Chronicallyunwell

Aug 9, 2024
I agree, unless you have excruciating health conditions which cannot be cured please fucking live your life for those of us who cannot. Please please please do it for us.
I agree, unless you have excruciating health conditions which cannot be cured please fucking live your life for those of us who cannot. Please please please do it for us.
If i can save your life i will and anyone else on this forum who is basing decisions on conditions that can change.

• Love
Reactions: lefi and suffering_mo_7
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I'm sorry you have to go through this. Life is often so unfair. I'm sorry for your loss.

It's a tough situation but give it some time. :heart:🫂

• Hugs
lefi

lefi

waiting for rainy days
Aug 19, 2023
I'm sorry you have to go through this. Life is often so unfair. I'm sorry for your loss.

It's a tough situation but give it some time. :heart:🫂
Thank you, I'm trying to manage it somehow🫂🌷

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori