M

marshk427

Oct 14, 2022
I was ready to end it last week, then gambled all my money as a last resort and ended up quadrupling it. Everything is finally going right in my life, i have a decent job, best physical shape of my life, and money to do fun stuff/buy nice things.

And yet, i find myself still struggling to find a reason to keep going. I guess i feel lonely? I would like someone to experience life with and do stuff together idk. I know its corny and illogical but i cant help feeling this way. Dont get me wrong, im really grateful for everything i have in my life rn and i know its selfish but i feel like i need a purpose.

Does anyone else feel this way or is it just me?

• Hugs
Reactions: plan c, outatime_85, blackwidow and 8 others
Rocinante

Rocinante

My name is Lucifer, please take my hand
Aug 26, 2022
And yet, i find myself still struggling to find a reason to keep going. I guess i feel lonely? I would like someone to experience life with and do stuff together idk. I know its corny and illogical but i cant help feeling this way. Dont get me wrong, im really grateful for everything i have in my life rn and i know its selfish but i feel like i need a purpose.

Same. Sadly it will never happen for me.

• Hugs
  • Informative
  • Love
Reactions: SectOfValtiel, marshk427, Lonerzepam and 1 other person
makethepainstop

makethepainstop

Visionary
Sep 16, 2022
I was ready to end it last week, then gambled all my money as a last resort and ended up quadrupling it. Everything is finally going right in my life, i have a decent job, best physical shape of my life, and money to do fun stuff/buy nice things.

Having someone or even a pet to love does give one pause, when it comes to leaving this earthly vale of tears. But a boyfriend or girlfriend is sheer joy if you're both compatible.

• Love
Reactions: JamesUK, marshk427, Lonerzepam and 1 other person
Lonerzepam

Lonerzepam

O'lord! I Have My Doubts
Sep 2, 2022
Sure falling in love is great. But it also can hurt badly. If the person u love leaves u or vice versa. Then u are left alone again. U said u need a purpose. Don't make my mistake and let ur happienes depend on other people. A purpose isn't someone u love. It's something u like to do except fucking ur potential girlfriend haha. No for real u know what I mean by that like drawing, programming, photographie maybe with a drone additionally that sounds very cool to me. Don't let ur happienes depend on other people. I wish I knew that earlier..
Same. Sadly it will never happen for me.
How do u know for sure?

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: SectOfValtiel, Rocinante and marshk427
M

marshk427

Oct 14, 2022
Having someone or even a pet to love does give one pause, when it comes to leaving this earthly vale of tears. But a boyfriend or girlfriend is sheer joy if you're both compatible.
Thats a great idea, i might get a cat!
Sure falling in love is great. But it also can hurt badly. If the person u love leaves u or vice versa. Then u are left alone again. U said u need a purpose. Don't make my mistake and let ur happienes depend on other people. A purpose isn't someone u love. It's something u like to do except fucking ur potential girlfriend haha. No for real u know what I mean by that like drawing, programming, photographie maybe with a drone additionally that sounds very cool to me. Don't let ur happienes depend on other people. I wish I knew that earlier..

How do u know for sure?
See I understand the concept, and i'm happy with the person i am, however there's still that instinct in me that longs for affection and a companion. I think it's a pretty human feeling, just wish I wasnt so emotional. I appreciate your advice though, maybe my purpose is out there somewhere

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: chloramine and Lonerzepam
Grav

Grav

Wizard
Jul 26, 2020
I think it's natural for people to desire a companion. But it should probably come naturally vs being sought out. I've seen people, including myself, be so desirous of a relationship that they walk into one that isn't good. I'm a a soft believer in the "love comes when you're least looking for it" phrase but it usually works out more often than not from what I've seen. If you have the means to take care of a pet then that's one of the best ways to get and give affection. We have 2 dogs and it's really, really hard to not feel their unconditional love.

I just thought of something: pets are best for someone looking for a relationship, especially if there are other things going on. The pet is there and doesn't come with human baggage. If the person also gets into a human relationship, and has a pet, then if that relationship goes wrong there might be less resistance to call things out or end the human relationship because the pet will be there. How many people stick around in a relationship they know, or at least other people know, is toxic and bad (and probably going to end badly) because they are afraid of being totally alone? A pet will still be there to provide companionship and love and fight off those alone feelings?

Last edited:
slushy

slushy

Feb 19, 2022
Me too. Every day. But I don't know how or where to meet girls, I have no way to leave my house. On top of it, I'm fat and have nasty scarring on my face and hands from compulsive picking. I also don't have a winning personality--I'm bland at my best and mean to my loved ones at worst. So girls wouldn't be interested in me anyway

• Hugs
Reactions: SectOfValtiel
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
At this point, I think I have become more afraid of love than drawn to it. I fantasize a lot with no expectation that it will ever happen to me. Seems safer that way than to hope.

• Aww..
Reactions: SectOfValtiel
SectOfValtiel

SectOfValtiel

Attendant of God
Nov 7, 2022
Same although I guess I could say I still am in love, it just isnt mutual
Ive been chasing that high from meeting my first ex for years now

Honestly sometimes I wish Id never met her because Id still be clueless about what love really feels like, it just wasnt something I experienced before her, even platonically, and missing that is... probably one of the reasons Im here on SS in the first place
But still
Ever since Ive been craving that affection- or the ability to *give* affection, it was one of the only things that ever made me happy
I probably think about love every single day, just wishing I had someone with me
Even a friend that cared enough would help but for me that just doesnt seem possible to achieve, and, knowing myself, I would fall in love with them regardless haha

But yeah, I know how you feel
I do think a healthy relationship would solve a lot of my problems with life
Just keep in mind like someone said earlier, seeking it out can lead to a lot of bad situations as well
My last relationship ended with her telling me to CTB and me figuring out she was just using me to get back at her ex, she never felt anything for me in the first place I was just the gullible idiot that fell for a bunch of lies
That situation has ruined my ability to trust people, maybe irreparably
And left me believing love just isnt something Im capable of, just something the universe doesnt want me to have

So
If you do go down that road, I wish you luck
I hope you find someone that gives you a purpose in this life
I hope you arent hurt while seeking it out

O

outatime_85

Warlock
May 17, 2022
To those who are looking for love and want to be loved, I hope you find the kind of love you need and that the love is a healthy kind of love.

Last edited:
jackie_boy1337

jackie_boy1337

Nov 5, 2022
Yeah... a pet might be the route to go.

Being in love is great and all, until that person completely annihilates your heart and makes you wish you weren't alive.

Probably best to avoid a romantic relationship while the going is good... nothing drains your bank account and adds chaos to your life like a romantic partner 😜

R

Regret

It’s over
Nov 9, 2022

Absolutely— it makes complete sense your human— humans are social creatures that crave companionship. Have you tried online dating? I know it's corny, but you definitely can meet someone— everyone online dating is desperate for companionship. The trick is talking to that person within 24 hours of matching and trying to meet that person in person within 48 hours of chatting. If you wait too long— the meeting will never happen.