• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

N

notthisoutcome

Feb 11, 2021
Taking my own life is not the outcome that I want. There are things I enjoy doing more than dying. But I am such a garbage piece of person and so unfixable that I am absolutely stuck. You know what I want to be? I want to be a tree in my backyard. I want my husband to be able to sit under me and read magazines and I want to shade people from the sun and give birds a place to sit and squirrels something to climb and bugs something to eat and bacteria something to chew on, too. I am so much more useful to the world as a tree. That's my wish for my self when I do eventually die, however that ends up going.

I recently learned about something called alkaline hydrolysis, or "water cremation." Regular cremation ashes do not contain any organic material. There's nothing you can do with "ashes" such as using them to grow a plant. It's just ground up bone. And the bones are ground up by a person at the cremation facility after the cremation process is done. When you get regular cremated, you actually just become a greenhouse gas, puffed up into the air from a chimney on the incinerator. You go off into the troposphere eventually.

Alkaline hydrolysis on the other hand produces many gallons of nutrient rich liquid. It's a pressurized dissolution of your remains -- full of sugars, amino acids, fats, minerals, vitamins, everything that you were made of. You could easily water a tree with that and put all of your atoms into a tree. And then you would literally be a tree. This is what I want to happen to me.

I know that I can't take my own life. I know I don't have the courage to do it, and I don't have the means, and I don't want my husband to have to find me. I am pretty sure my life expectancy is low...I am 40. I have a fraught medical history that research shows will shorten my life. I may only have about 10 years left on this Earth as it is. I'm trying to find a way to wait well until my time is up.

I've never been wanted by humanity. Everywhere I go, I am ignored. Whenever I decide to have courage and put myself out there, I screw up. I embarrass myself. Over and over and over again. I am so exhausted from life. I want someone to hug me and say I did a good job and that it's okay, and I can go now.

Sometimes I imagine that there's my real mother, this spiritual being that's on "the other side" somewhere and she will meet me when I cross over, and she'll tell me she was waiting for me and that she's happy I'm here now. And that it'll be okay. I can become part of nature again. I don't have to be a human anymore. I don't have to suffer with this awareness anymore. That's what I dream. But that I can still be near the people I love as a tree that they can sit under. I want to finally be able to do good for the people in my life who have been burdened with having to pick up the pieces after all my fuck ups, love me even when I'm awful, provide shelter and food for me.

I am trash. I have so much, and I deserve none of it. I can't believe I am so lucky and so unlucky at the same time. To be cursed with awareness of what trash I am, how I could be better, and completely unable to implement any change. I am such a garbage human being for being so sad given everything I have that most people would kill to have. I have failed all of them. The pain is deep inside of me, its been there since I was born. I've always known I was different and that I didn't belong here. I actually used to try really hard to do better, for many years I tried. Decades. But like, I always knew I didn't really belong. I tried to ignore it. I tried to convince myself I did belong so that i'd have the energy to keep going. For a while, it worked, but I always crash again. I always fall back down again. I am very tired. I hope the end is coming soon. I think there is cancer somewhere in my body, just brewing. I hope it hurries.

I am counting down the days. I hope I can become a tree.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: sighingspider, death becomes her, Beached_whale and 18 others
C

Computer Blue

Jan 19, 2021
"I've never been wanted by humanity. Everywhere I go, I am ignored. Whenever I decide to have courage and put myself out there, I screw up. I embarrass myself. Over and over and over again. I am so exhausted from life. I want someone to hug me and say I did a good job and that it's okay, and I can go now."

Nicely said. I wish I had the talent to speak so eloquently as so many of you do.
Actually, I really enjoyed your entire post. I can really relate to simply running out of steam after trying so hard for so long. I feel lame that I am not trying anymore, but I know I gave it my best for so long and got nowhere. I love trees. I have always tried to bury my dogs under them … and then the hurricane came and took most all of my trees.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: ReflectionOfTrauma, lobster salad, Good4Nothing and 4 others
N

noaccount

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2019
This makes so much sense. I hope you get to rest more soon. You do deserve shelter.

• Hugs
Reactions: Callie Arcale
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
About the hydroalkalinewhateverthefuck, "you" are best described as an emergent property of the parts. The whole is greater than the parts, so it doesn't make sense. You seem like a great person, tho.

• Hmph!
Reactions: Nexey
wordsonscreen

wordsonscreen

Peanuts aren't nuts! They're seeds!
Jan 21, 2021
I want to be a tree
I think I need to be a tree too. Attached to the earth so I am less cut off from source. I need a consistent uninterrupted physical bond to earth and water.

Sometimes I imagine that there's my real mother, this spiritual being that's on "the other side" somewhere and she will meet me when I cross over, and she'll tell me she was waiting for me

I feel and believe this in my bones. Thank you for writing the intuition I have carried.

Sending you love and strength <3 Please eat your favorite fruit today if you can.

You are a child of the universe,
no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

• Love
Reactions: death becomes her, ReflectionOfTrauma and Callie Arcale
N

notthisoutcome

Feb 11, 2021
Sometimes I imagine that there's my real mother, this spiritual being that's on "the other side" somewhere and she will meet me when I cross over, and she'll tell me she was waiting for me
I feel and believe this in my bones. Thank you for writing the intuition I have carried.
If you feel her, too, then that makes me even more confident that she is real.
About the hydroalkalinewhateverthefuck, "you" are best described as an emergent property of the parts. The whole is greater than the parts, so it doesn't make sense. You seem like a great person, tho.
The liquid that results from alkaline hydrolysis is fertilizer. There is nothing complicated or philosophical about it. Of course, not 100% of my molecules will go into the tree, but much of it will. The rest will go to bacteria around the roots in the soil, which will help the tree take up minerals. I will be living on as part of the Earth. All we are is our body. I don't believe in God or magical shit. I do think there is an afterlife but it is not magical. It's physics. There is absolutely something more than this, that is more amazing than we can comprehend, but we are made of the same stuff. So we "understand" it even without our conscious experience of it.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: wordsonscreen
wordsonscreen

wordsonscreen

Peanuts aren't nuts! They're seeds!
Jan 21, 2021
If you feel her, too, then that makes me even more confident that she is real.
I want to affirm to you that there are portals too through which we can feel her clearer. For me, its channeling, dance, art, cooking, and being in nature too. We are not the only ones either.

Can I suggest 2 books for you? Attached are free pdf copies too :) Take what you will from them <3

The Witch of Portobello-

Wild Mercy-

N

notthisoutcome

Feb 11, 2021
I don't know. Any tree is fine.

• Love
Reactions: lobster salad, Callie Arcale and signifying nothing
UseItOrLoseIt

UseItOrLoseIt

1O'8
Dec 4, 2020
That is very poetic... I also want to be cremated, once I depart. Seems much more decent to become ash than to rot and decay for 50 years. I've never thought about becoming fertilizer though, never knew it was a possibility. For me it was just - throw me into the wind, wherever.

But it is very poetic, if you leave all the science talk out of it. You wanting to give all of you, to create life. Beneath all of your hardship you still envision a future that is good, that is happy, meaningful.

And in another sense, to become a tree.. reminds me of a quote
FB IMG 1614536591366
You wish to belong to the world, as this simple life form, with no imaginary barriers and no questioning of your purpose.

Because you already know your purpose. To share your love, in all of its simplicity. Just to be there, so someone can rest in your shade on a hot summer day.

Beautiful :happy:

• Love
Reactions: Callie Arcale
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
Because you already know your purpose. To share your love, in all of its simplicity. Just to be there, so someone can rest in your shade on a hot summer day.

I want to be a tree
So dogs can
Piss on
Me

:ahhha:

• Yay!
Reactions: Beached_whale, UseItOrLoseIt and xkonstantinexx
TheAmazingCriswell

TheAmazingCriswell

I predict...
Apr 28, 2021
According to Dante, suicides dwell in the second ring of the seventh circle of hell. Apparently, violence against the self is worse than violence against others, since the latter group is in the first ring. Since suicides willingly throw their bodies away, their souls are deprived of even the semblance of it and are damned to spend eternity as withered, thorny scrubs, continually broken by harpies. When the day of judgement arrives, they will not be resurrected, since they threw their bodies away, but rather return as trees with their corpses hanging from their branches.
...so if he's right, you'll end up as a tree anyway (a big "if", I must concede).

• Love
Reactions: UseItOrLoseIt