mosai1que

mosai1que

I know whats best for me
May 7, 2023
Through 5 years ive had about 8 different therapists/coaches/whatever. I never trusted any of them like i did with this random free therapist you can get through a nonprofit organization where i live. they specialized in self harm which really helped me open up, because it didnt feel like a tabu to talk about it. We knew why i was there from the start and i just remember that period in my life as a time with so much growth and self acceptance. sadly they only had 4 months worth of sessions and now im on my own again jumping between systems and therapists and doctors and its exhausting.
i reaaaaaallly want to vent to my friend but but that wouldnt be fair to her. I dont want her to worry.
i think thats why i like the recovery section here. People arent gonna worry about me but it doesnt feel like im screaming into the void.

however Much i need someone real to talk to, i just think you should know that this community means a lot to me and that youre all so fucking tough fighting your battles because theyre not fucking easy to fight

• Love
Reactions: jinx <3
K

KitIsAHotMess

Mar 14, 2023
I've had the same experience. 11 mental health professionals over 5 years starting when I was 11 (though only about 6 of them were any good). The service where I live was terrible, so I understand. I wound up leaving the sessions because the therapists there were so bad. I've been through several other systems too, only one of them worked out, but once that specific symptom got better, they were gone and I was stuck with the terrible one again for the rest of my shit. It is so exhausting and because of the way my system was set up I was never able to get diagnosed so never got any other help. All doctors know I deal with is autism and self harm, not the literal 10 other issues my various "Therapists" have "Cured" for me. Ugh...

If you need someone to talk to, I'm here. I'll be starting with a new therapist soon who's supposed to be really good, so maybe that'll work out, but I don't have high expectations. I just hope I can get the right help for once. Idk if dms are a thing on this site, I'm kinda new to it, but if they are, feel free to drop me a message :)

• Hugs
Reactions: mosai1que
mosai1que

mosai1que

I know whats best for me
May 7, 2023
I've had the same experience. 11 mental health professionals over 5 years starting when I was 11 (though only about 6 of them were any good). The service where I live was terrible, so I understand. I wound up leaving the sessions because the therapists there were so bad. I've been through several other systems too, only one of them worked out, but once that specific symptom got better, they were gone and I was stuck with the terrible one again for the rest of my shit. It is so exhausting and because of the way my system was set up I was never able to get diagnosed so never got any other help. All doctors know I deal with is autism and self harm, not the literal 10 other issues my various "Therapists" have "Cured" for me. Ugh...

If you need someone to talk to, I'm here. I'll be starting with a new therapist soon who's supposed to be really good, so maybe that'll work out, but I don't have high expectations. I just hope I can get the right help for once. Idk if dms are a thing on this site, I'm kinda new to it, but if they are, feel free to drop me a message :)
firstly good luck with the new therapist! Hope theyre good at what they do

i have definately had times were i just fully couldnt talk because i was so uncomfortable by some of them and it makes me feel sososo Guilty, like im wasting everyones time, and money that could be used way better. It sucks that things that are supposed to make you better act just makes things worse.

talking would be cool, i can dm you if i find out how it works ahaha