Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
using this test to speak from...
i think i have dyslexia but im not sure and its frustrating me.
to start with, i typically feel it. i typically can look at the diagnosis and go "yes, thats it" with 100% confidence, but im not feeling this one.
another reason im unsure, i took 2 tests (the one linked and another). yes they arent 100% but its a direction. and on both tests i was just below half. (the other was 4 out of 10 i think. and this one was 28 out of 52) so the tests basically say i dont but if i do its minor i guess.

dissecting the test:
i dont know what its like to have dyslexia so what i read is all i have and not feeling connected to it, im completely lost.

Do you avoid situations where you'll have to read out loud?
if i do its because of my social anxiety.

Do you mix up letters or forget them entirely when writing?
YES YES YES OMG YES. ill skip letters, write the wrong word (their/there). my writing looks like a mess because of it. im smarter then that. how did i make such a stupid mistake. i hate this so much. (if you see one of my posts edited 100% this is why. im fixing my mistakes because its upsetting me and causing me anxiety because i look like an idiot.) omg i remembered that when i was younger i use to spell blue bleu.

Do you misspell common words — misspelling them a different way every time?
umm....yes. i struggle with necessary (oh...i fucking spelt it right this time. i had to stop and really really think about the letters and had zero confidence in myself, but its right on the first try lol), i also struggle with tongue and other words like that (whatever "like that" is. they just feel different, maybe someone understands). i cant think of anymore rn though. i know i use to struggle with because when i was younger.

Do you find yourself reading slower than most people you know?
no, i think im reading at a fairly normal pace.

Do you avoid projects that involve a lot of reading?
well...whats a lot of reading? and how is it being presented to me? i can sit here reading about things and learning all day. i use to read the encyclopedia for fun. is it a stack of papers i dont want to deal with? then no, i dont want to read it. but this is probably normal so, no i dont avoid projects with a lot of reading.

Have you found yourself turning down promotions or opportunities for advancement in your career?
havent been given the opportunity but if i did have it, why would i turn it down? i mean aside from the obvious it interferes with something more important.

Do you struggle to pronounce long words out loud, even if you know them?
how long? would the way i say frusterated (just like that) funny count? i trip horribly over propranolol, at least it feels like it rolls off my tongue uncomfortably, like its knotted.

Are you accused of "not listening" because you can't summarize or recall details of a recent conversation?
i dont get accused of not listening but i cant summarize anything because all the info feels important to me, and if im not recalling details its probably because my bpd comes with short term memory problems.

Do you lose your place when reading, even if the topic is interesting to you?
yeah, but this is probably more so my dissociation causing it. i had to stop reading all together because i suddenly developed really bad dpdr. even had to stop studying for my GED. (mental illnesses really take everything away from you. ive bought books hoping to get back into reading soon now that its mostly gone)

Do you get lost when following directions, or confuse your left for your right?
yes, im one of the people you probably shouldnt ask directions from "go left, no no right". thankfully, ive gotten better, but still mix it up sometimes.

Do you confuse or forget the names of common household objects — calling a fork a spoon, for instance?
ALL
THE
TIME
literally everything is called a "thing" and you should just know what im talking about "can you go get me the....the thing"

Do you have very particular requirements for your favorite fonts, paper color, or other visuals while at work?
no. i mean....i like the color purple so i like things being purple but thats preference. the closest to this i can think of would be my ocd where everything has a home.

so yeah, i have no idea if i have dyslexia or not, all i know is i struggle, its upsetting and i want to know why. if you have dyslexia or know someone that does id love to hear what you think.

• Hugs
Reactions: QuietLake and Suicidebydeath
Sick&TiredURGH

Sick&TiredURGH

Aug 8, 2022
Any chance you could get booked in with an educational psychologist?
They are the people who would be able to a proper assessment.
Also how are you at map reading?

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
Any chance you could get booked in with an educational psychologist?
They are the people who would be able to a proper assessment.
Also how are you at map reading?
if i could id have the propranolol that would most likely help. besides i dont need one honestly. i had myself diagnosed before he did. i use to have one but because i didnt go back for over a year i lost him. (well, psychiatrist)

OOOOOOO i LOVE reading maps. i use to travel between provinces because my mother moved me away, and id read maps all the time just for fun. im PERFECT at reading maps

Sick&TiredURGH

Sick&TiredURGH

Aug 8, 2022
Not dyspraxia then, just you mentioned the right and left thing and that is such a dyspraxic thing!!

Reactions: Life_and_Death