the12.mors.ishigh

the12.mors.ishigh

confusion itself
Jun 24, 2023
i want them to know how i feel. especially my family. my friends know that i'm suicidal or atleast that i "used" to be. my family thinks that anti depressants make all the problems go away but it's not that easy dear mom.

i'd love to know how everyone would really feel about it. why would it be so bad and even self harm: what do they think of it etcetc.

most i am worried about is my partner. they have seen all the scars and i've vented for hours, but i don't know. it makes me so sad that even they can't make me stop

• Hugs
Reactions: voyager
L

LeoSS

Oct 20, 2023
i want them to know how i feel. especially my family. my friends know that i'm suicidal or atleast that i "used" to be. my family thinks that anti depressants make all the problems go away but it's not that easy dear mom.

i'd love to know how everyone would really feel about it. why would it be so bad and even self harm: what do they think of it etcetc.

most i am worried about is my partner. they have seen all the scars and i've vented for hours, but i don't know. it makes me so sad that even they can't make me stop
Yes, me too. I have broached the subject with my wife twice and it rattles her so badly that I can't anymore. Anyone else would just have me hospitalized. I kind of think that's why this forum is important.

• Love
Reactions: deathxo and voyager
voyager

voyager

Don't you dare go hollow...
Nov 25, 2019
No, it's not that easy. But unless these are extraordinary people you'll most likely run against a brick wall, which'll only lead to more frustration. Tried so many times in the past for various reasons and not sure it ultimately made any difference at all, just plenty of struggle, so more or less gave up last year. The vast majority of people just seem unable to get it and no matter how valid or meticulous your reasoning they simply shut down when the word suicide drops.

• Love
Reactions: LeoSS
moondazed

moondazed

ex nihilo nihil fit
Oct 14, 2023

You just need to know if their reaction will be compassion and understanding or fear. If they would react with fear it might get you in trouble, end up in a hospital, etc.

Maybe write a letter explaining how you feel, and how you just want to express these things but try and reassure them it's a feeling you want to share and not some threat (if that's how you feel).

Just take care of your self and be mindful of how those around you might react. It can be helpful to talk to loved ones about this stuff, if they can understand.