Install-Gentoo

Install-Gentoo

Aug 23, 2022
What kind of food do you wanna eat? Is there anything cool or unique that you like to eat / make?

edit: lol the title sounds pretty aggressive, whoops :) I just meant for it to sound emphatic and excited.

Reactions: freedompass, Angst Filled Fuck Up, avoid_slow_death and 1 other person
GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
I am craving pizza. And sushi. Not sure if either of this qualifies as "cool".
I also have some shrimp in my freezer that I intended to cook on the weekend when the war has started. Which was at the end of February. I think it can't get spoiled in the freezer, but I should get around to cooking it eventually. Might be during my final week. Or on Christmas, if I chicken out again and move my date past New Years Eve.
Never tried Indian food, not sure they make it anywhere where I live. What it's like?

• Love
Reactions: avoid_slow_death
rationaltake

rationaltake

I'm rocking it - in another universe
Sep 28, 2021
I am craving pizza. And sushi. Not sure if either of this qualifies as "cool".
I also have some shrimp in my freezer that I intended to cook on the weekend when the war has started. Which was at the end of February. I think it can't get spoiled in the freezer, but I should get around to cooking it eventually. Might be during my final week. Or on Christmas, if I chicken out again and move my date past New Years Eve.
Never tried Indian food, not sure they make it anywhere where I live. What it's like?
I love Indian food. Obviously it's really varied. I was lucky enough years ago to have a housemate back in London who was of Indian extraction and she cooked home-made Indian food for me. I've been to some good restaurants and takeaways too. I'm veggie so can't tell you much about meat or fish dishes. Years ago too I went to rural Pakistan where the food was basic but good.

Vegetable curries made from okra or aubergine or spinach. With chappati which is basically wholemeal flatbread which you use to scoop up the curry. I could eat like this all the time.

Then there are samosas.

Trying to get some images up but not doing very well!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: ð–£´ nadia ð–£´, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, avoid_slow_death and 1 other person
avoid_slow_death

avoid_slow_death

Ready to embrace the peaceful bliss of the void.
Feb 4, 2020
Was thinking about getting some today before work. But before I leave, I decided to check SS. And by this weird coincidence, I see this thread. There's a Mexican place and an Indian place on the same plaza I work in. Was going to check out the Mexican place today maybe, but this thread convinced me to go Indian! :pfff:

• Love
Reactions: ð–£´ nadia ð–£´ and rationaltake
actual_fox

actual_fox

Arcanist
Sep 15, 2022
I just had zucchini deep fried with yogurt sauce
Always in a mood for sushi or spicy food
(telling you like sushi when asked about fav food is like having: "likes travelling" on your tinder bio If you are a girl XD)

Reactions: rationaltake and GrumpyFrog
GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
telling you like sushi when asked about fav food is like having: "likes travelling" on your tinder bio If you are a girl XD
I don't know, I know plenty of people who have an "eww, raw fish" reaction to sushi.
(also, I'm surprised to learn that "likes travelling" generic interest is gender-specific)
I just had zucchini deep fried with yogurt sauce
Cool. Sounds fancy.

avoid_slow_death

avoid_slow_death

Ready to embrace the peaceful bliss of the void.
Feb 4, 2020
Currently sitting here waiting on my order. Chicken Jalfrezi, which ironically, I first had when I cooked it myself. It's a pretty easy and delicious curry and I love it!

Reactions: GrumpyFrog
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
I don't know, I know plenty of people who have an "eww, raw fish" reaction to sushi.
Hey, that's me! What can I say, I grew up in yucky industrial England where fish was never really a thing outside of cod and chips. There was no sushi in 80's Peterborough.

Indian is always pretty bomb though. Delicious chicken, rice and sauces. Hard to go wrong.

Reactions: ð–£´ nadia ð–£´ and GrumpyFrog
M

MetroTransit

Aug 11, 2022
Indian food is the best.

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
actual_fox

actual_fox

Arcanist
Sep 15, 2022
(also, I'm surprised to learn that "likes travelling" generic interest is gender-specific)
Have you seen male tinder profiles? I think they did not have as many of "likes to travel" on bio. Maybe for socio-economic reasons Iidk

Also yeah I heard this reactions too. They might be right- who knows how many parasites are inside a raw fish

GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
Have you seen male tinder profiles?
Admittedly, I didn't. Don't want to derail the thread, but I really wonder what they put there.
They might be right- who knows how many parasites are inside a raw fish
Wow, thank you, suddenly I no longer crave sushi.

Other suggestions for a cool meal, anyone? Besides Indian food.

• Aww..
Reactions: actual_fox
actual_fox

actual_fox

Arcanist
Sep 15, 2022
Wow, thank you, suddenly I no longer crave sushi.

Other suggestions for a cool meal, anyone? Besides Indian food.
oh... sorry

pork ribs? Chicken wings in honey-chillie sauce, (original recipe) Cesar salad, Fruit salad, nothing so you can get hungry enough to eat anything?

GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
oh... sorry
No, that's probably a good thing, I was on the verge of spending way too much money on the raw fish thingies :))
Chicken wings in honey-chillie sauce, (original recipe) Cesar salad, Fruit salad
All of these sound awesome.
nothing so you can get hungry enough to eat anything?
except for this option, I think I'm going to pass on this one. I am not a picky eater at all to begin with, I can eat almost anything, but I was thinking about something to really enjoy.
I don't know about you, but for me food is one of the last things I still thoroughly enjoy in this life, to the point where the idea of having to fast in the last hours of my life really upsets me.

• Love
Reactions: actual_fox
actual_fox

actual_fox

Arcanist
Sep 15, 2022
No, that's probably a good thing, I was on the verge of spending way too much money on the raw fish thingies :))

All of these sound awesome.

except for this option, I think I'm going to pass on this one. I am not a picky eater at all to begin with, I can eat almost anything, but I was thinking about something to really enjoy.
I don't know about you, but for me food is one of the last things I still thoroughly enjoy in this life, to the point where the idea of having to fast in the last hours of my life really upsets me.
hahaha- yeah sushi is overpriced and expensive. I never buy It for myself.

Understandable. So what are you eating today?

GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
So what are you eating today?
I think I'm going to try to make some chicken wings. Not sure they will come out as great as what you advertised, but they are always a good thing.

What about you?

freedompass

freedompass

Warlock
Jan 27, 2021
I love Indian food. Obviously it's really varied. I was lucky enough years ago to have a housemate back in London who was of Indian extraction and she cooked home-made Indian food for me. I've been to some good restaurants and takeaways too. I'm veggie so can't tell you much about meat or fish dishes. Years ago too I went to rural Pakistan where the food was basic but good.

Vegetable curries made from okra or aubergine or spinach. With chappati which is basically wholemeal flatbread which you use to scoop up the curry. I could eat like this all the time.

Then there are samosas.

Trying to get some images up but not doing very well!
Yes, another huge fan of Indian food here! I'm vegan so when ordering takeaway I have to check there's no dairy ghee (clarified butter) in it, but where I live we have an amazing array of vegan options nowadays, there is even an exclusively vegan Indian place locally, and other restaurants sometimes have a separate vegan section on the menu. As ghee, paneer (Indian cheese), curds and so on have traditionally been an important part of Indian vegetarian cuisine, this is a great development.

I also cook my own curries at home. Can't beat home made! I spent a lot of time in India when younger so I've a fair knowledge of what people actually eat there as opposed to what is produced specifically for the British palate such as chicken tikka masala and so forth.

I love (almost) all vegan food! Japanese, Thai, Korean and Vietnamese are favourites but overall can't beat Indian.

Last edited:
Reactions: rationaltake
western_heart

western_heart

trying to save ourself
May 23, 2021
the last few days I have been craving Thai! Lost my job & inflation is hitting restaurants hard so I'm not eager to pay for takeout right now. Lately our average takeout order has been around $50 for two people.

I'd be thrilled to get Indian too! I can't remember the names of most of the dishes or what they are, tbh. I rely on my order history and there's one chicken entree I really like at the local place. Something with mushrooms I think?

I'd be happy with some sort of just add boiling water thing or a frozen meal TBH… I've had a few acceptable premade Thai noodle dishes before. maybe it's time to hit up the Asian grocery

Reactions: rationaltake
actual_fox

actual_fox

Arcanist
Sep 15, 2022
I think I'm going to try to make some chicken wings. Not sure they will come out as great as what you advertised, but they are always a good thing.

What about you?
Just find good recipe and take your time. I just had deep fried potatoes from the depths of my fridge and sauce from yogurt

• Love
myfinalform

myfinalform

Oct 12, 2022
i want to eat pancakes with syrup one day, but not those thins pancakes, i want those fatties ones like in the movies

Reactions: rationaltake and GrumpyFrog
U

Unicornsrnot4dislife

Not meant for this world…….
Nov 12, 2021
My husband is half Indian and I am Caribbean. I do Indian Caribbean infused dishes, making me hungry thinking about it, lol

• Love
Reactions: ð–£´ nadia ð–£´, rationaltake, GrumpyFrog and 4 others
P

ph0enix

WASWAJFIWWNCJCWOAL
Oct 14, 2022
butter chicken

• Love
Reactions: GrumpyFrog, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and actual_fox
WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

Hold your head high, and your middle finger higher
Dec 25, 2020
Mala hotpot! No spicy no eat 🌶

@actual_fox A silver fox! There's just something so alluring about melanistic animals.

Last edited:
L

lionetta12

Just a random person
Aug 5, 2022
What kind of food do you wanna eat? Is there anything cool or unique that you like to eat / make?

edit: lol the title sounds pretty aggressive, whoops :) I just meant for it to sound emphatic and excited.
Yesss, go get that Indian food! I'll try to get my favourite food today. Last time I had it, I didn't feel anything. But maybe I can enjoy the taste today, who knows.

Ashu

Ashu

novelist, sanskritist, Canadian living in India
Nov 13, 2021
I live in India, and I can say that the food is the only thing here that I would never ever dream of cursing, and almost makes up for all the misery and despair.

• Love
Reactions: HermitLonerGuy, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, GrumpyFrog and 1 other person
T

Tiny Little Tree

-
Jan 25, 2021
I dunno, really struggled to decide the other day too. I tend to try most things and you can get most things where I am. I don't make a lot of things either.

The things I could think of are kinda ordinary things from certain places I just haven't tried whether it's because I can't really get them here or just by chance, here they are: Swedish meatballs, dosa, sausage gravy and biscuits, pierogi, Chicago-style deep-dish pizza