K

Kali_Yuga13

Experienced
Jul 11, 2024
I visited an assisted living facility the other day because I have a family member with terminal illness and soon won't be able to take care of them at home. It was pretty nice, sort of like a posh drug rehab. In the open tv room some old guy was laid back in his chair, head all the way back, mouth gaping open, laboriously breathing and seemingly barely conscious. $500 dollars a day out of pocket to be kept alive like that in a decent environment. I just think our modern practice of extending old age as long as humanly possible is undignified and barbaric. I can see why men valued death in battle in the old world. Scary. I don't want to grow old and die but in the face of death's inevitability sometimes I'd like to just get it over with short and sweet.

• Hugs
Reactions: LifeQuitter, cracklingroses, sevennn and 6 others
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
My mom is in one of these places, she has dementia. It's expensive as AF, but it seems nice. They have a full time activity director, and they keep the residents busy. It's the ones that you end up in when you don't have any money that are the real hellholes.

I don't want to get old.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Joarga, BlackEyedDog, qualityOV3Rquantity and 2 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I understand as old age sounds horrific to me personally, I'd never wish for the torture and torment of old age, suffering for so long just to end up in way worse agony terrifies me, I'd always prefer to not exist.