Judah

Judah

Enlightened
Oct 1, 2020
I want to be brief, I am autistic with a motor disability, which shouldn't be a problem, but when you consider my facial paralysis and small features of my behavior that represent obvious signs of mental illness, you feel overwhelmed.

I am Venezuelan, in a country where things do not work as they should and where you only see poverty and lack of hope, you feel how those feelings are ending up inside you and you know that you cannot do much.
In my adolescence I was depressed many times, seeing that I simply did not fit in anywhere, and when I reached my majority, I added another reason to my depression, and that was the lack of job opportunities.
My mother went to Colombia at that time, to find a better future, she planted in me the idea that for the moment I would stay in Venezuela to study a career, so I opted for a computer science career.
While I was studying, I went back alone and had a job where I made very little money, which only made my depression worse.
I finished half a degree and left for Colombia, where my mother welcomed me and I got a job installing solar energy systems. At first I believed that the drastic change in lifestyle would take me away from depression, but I see that it will not.
For reasons of life (Covid), I lost my job, so right now I am unemployed, I get depressed more often and each day seems endless, sometimes I stay in bed in the morning wondering if there is any reason to get up.
I concluded that my life is absurd and purposeless, I constantly have the idea of CBT, but there are two things that stop me, the first is the possible pain that I will feel doing it and the second is where I would go once I do it.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Labean, death137, WornOutLife and 7 others
PlushieLover

PlushieLover

XII - THE HANGED MAN
Mar 24, 2021
I want to be brief, I am autistic with a motor disability, which shouldn't be a problem, but when you consider my facial paralysis and small features of my behavior that represent obvious signs of mental illness, you feel overwhelmed.

I am Venezuelan, in a country where things do not work as they should and where you only see poverty and lack of hope, you feel how those feelings are ending up inside you and you know that you cannot do much.
In my adolescence I was depressed many times, seeing that I simply did not fit in anywhere, and when I reached my majority, I added another reason to my depression, and that was the lack of job opportunities.
My mother went to Colombia at that time, to find a better future, she planted in me the idea that for the moment I would stay in Venezuela to study a career, so I opted for a computer science career.
While I was studying, I went back alone and had a job where I made very little money, which only made my depression worse.
I finished half a degree and left for Colombia, where my mother welcomed me and I got a job installing solar energy systems. At first I believed that the drastic change in lifestyle would take me away from depression, but I see that it will not.
For reasons of life (Covid), I lost my job, so right now I am unemployed, I get depressed more often and each day seems endless, sometimes I stay in bed in the morning wondering if there is any reason to get up.
I concluded that my life is absurd and purposeless, I constantly have the idea of CBT, but there are two things that stop me, the first is the possible pain that I will feel doing it and the second is where I would go once I do it.
I hate when you can't control that kind of shit. You didn't choose to be born with a disability, you didn't choose to be born in Venezuela, and you didn't cause Covid or something like that I don't know lol.

Hope you can get your job back when this stupid virus stops. Hugs my latino brother.

alittlehuman_

alittlehuman_

It is always darkest before the dawn
Mar 26, 2021
my life became zero because of job displacement and security is not optional. So I don't want to get out bed ever let alone manage the monkey suit i born into.

I was reading what you wrote and you impressed me and I don't impress easily and that matters because I think you have so much strength. And I was blinded by cruelty because I wasn't perfect enough so I needed pay for forcing them to see me.

Being human is the problem here in life but I could choose to not be and that gave my life meaning. I was determined to be me and I am different. I don't understand how no one cared about how they got to not existing to having a conversation with me. They didn't understand why I cared. Nor that that made me lose interest in them. I cared because I am 4 years old I don't how I got here. Why is that so strange. It isn't and that make me ready to leave the earth at 49 old.

That is also what struck me about you. Reading what you said woke me up. Because what you said matters. And described the last 15 years of my life and it destroyed me but because you shared I got to do what I do. I find ways to make existing less human and more meaningful. It matters that I was destroyed because I never met any who faced what I am facing now nor would any one I knew ever have had to face what I do because I wouldn't allow them to. You are love you have power within you. I know because I found peace and I am ready to let go.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: PlushieLover
P

placeholder

Jan 6, 2020
It is surely a painful experience. It can be really tired for people to experience all of this.

Since you said that you have depression. Does that curable?

Judah

Judah

Enlightened
Oct 1, 2020
It is surely a painful experience. It can be really tired for people to experience all of this.

Since you said that you have depression. Does that curable?
I try to keep my mind distracted whenever I feel bad, but I know my situation and the things I have. At any moment I will be in such a miserable situation that I will have no choice but to do CTB, I just hope that moment does not come so soon. Hey, I'm an undocumented immigrant who has to do twice as much effort to thrive.

• Aww..
Reactions: placeholder
P

placeholder

Jan 6, 2020
I try to keep my mind distracted whenever I feel bad, but I know my situation and the things I have. At any moment I will be in such a miserable situation that I will have no choice but to do CTB, I just hope that moment does not come so soon. Hey, I'm an undocumented immigrant who has to do twice as much effort to thrive.
can you get access to medical service?

W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I'm sorry you've lost your job because of this bloody pandemic.
The world is in chaos and I don't know when having a normal life will be back.

Wish you the best.

I'm from Argentina and there are many venezuelan people here. You're all so nice and hard-working.