A

AFB

Aug 13, 2024
I'm done. I'm fucking done. I constantly feel alone, I've never had a relationship or social circle. I have no degree, no money, and still live at home as a grown man. I had chances when I was younger but they're all in the past now. I really can't see the future getting much brighter and I'm constantly wallowing in regret, feeling like Ive missed out. I've been having problems with depression and wanting to exit since I was 15. I'm just so tired, my mind hurts, I constantly feel empty.

I'm tired of seeing myself get older and nothing changing. I think I've finally reached that point.

I do kinda feel bad about doing this to my family, especially my brothers, but I just can't fucking do it. I dont want to wake up tomorrow, or the next day or ever.

I got a month; I think I'm finally ready to exit.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: rozeske, Tonkpils, Praestat_Mori and 6 others
S

sobsob

Aug 29, 2024
i feel you. i feel sometimes like i peaked in high school or something. i hate who i am.

Reactions: GoatHerder
rotten

rotten

Student
Apr 14, 2021
I get how you feel, I'm 26 and still living at home while my parents hate on me. If you ever want to vent you can message me. But whatever you decide to do, I hope your able to find some peace in this hellish world.

Plentiful_Despair

Plentiful_Despair

Student
Aug 23, 2024
I'm 22 and feel the same. I don't think I will finish this year.

• Aww..
Reactions: DrearyAsh348
U

Unspoken7612

Jul 14, 2024
Having "no degree" seems to be one of your concerns. Taking a degree would be a chance to live away from home, build a social circle, and build your job prospects. Have you considered applying for university?

Reactions: ThatStateOfMind
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I certainly understand feeling so tired of suffering in this cruel existence, but anyway I wish you the best, I also just wish to never wake again.

Reactions: Plentiful_Despair
M

MyTimeIsUp

Perhaps I'll be important when I'm long gone?
Feb 27, 2024
Your teens and twenties are the hardest, by far. I had this mentality until I hit 30, and realised I have plenty of time.

You are still very young, but understand all this is very normal. You are still finding yourself, and this is something everyone experiences, some don't until much later in life, and that's ok.

Why does everything have to be done at the tender age of 25? There is so much pressure on young people to have done certain things at a particular age, which is wrong. But, as you age you will realise that - like I did, and my friends - my older friends told me this at the time, but I couldn't see it. Now I do.

Depression is a rough battle, but you can get through it, with extra support around you, and self help. I'm not saying you haven't tried, but your mind is very different at 25, to say 30, and perhaps there are things you haven't tried yet.

Take it from me, I'm 35 and have struggled with mental illness since I was a child, but I'm learning to manage better - and that's what it's about. I have had a lifetime worth of believing 'I've accepted I will die by suicide, and I'm ok with it', but I'm still here, although yes, I've tried countless times to end it, but I obviously want to be here or I would try to end my life, day in, day out.

There is no cure, it will always be there, so it's important to learn better coping strategies in order for you to continue on, and it can be achieved - the hardwork has to be put in though. It takes time, you'll have blips in the road which is completely normal and ok - it's ok to have bad days, but to move forward, being kind to yourself is so important, and reminding yourself you can get through this

Reactions: ThatStateOfMind
A

AFB

Aug 13, 2024
Having "no degree" seems to be one of your concerns. Taking a degree would be a chance to live away from home, build a social circle, and build your job prospects. Have you considered applying for university?
No, I'm too old for that stuff. I just transferred to a university for engineering as a commuter student and I feel so fucking out of place. Majority of people are younger than me and I feel disconnected and like I missed out. It doesn't help that it's a university that a lot of my peers went to and already graduated from. My crush that I had since HS, and threw away my chance with, graduated from there last spring. It just makes me feel even more lonely and I'm about to drop out.
Your teens and twenties are the hardest, by far. I had this mentality until I hit 30, and realised I have plenty of time.

You are still very young, but understand all this is very normal. You are still finding yourself, and this is something everyone experiences, some don't until much later in life, and that's ok.

Why does everything have to be done at the tender age of 25? There is so much pressure on young people to have done certain things at a particular age, which is wrong. But, as you age you will realise that - like I did, and my friends - my older friends told me this at the time, but I couldn't see it. Now I do.

Depression is a rough battle, but you can get through it, with extra support around you, and self help. I'm not saying you haven't tried, but your mind is very different at 25, to say 30, and perhaps there are things you haven't tried yet.

Take it from me, I'm 35 and have struggled with mental illness since I was a child, but I'm learning to manage better - and that's what it's about. I have had a lifetime worth of believing 'I've accepted I will die by suicide, and I'm ok with it', but I'm still here, although yes, I've tried countless times to end it, but I obviously want to be here or I would try to end my life, day in, day out.

There is no cure, it will always be there, so it's important to learn better coping strategies in order for you to continue on, and it can be achieved - the hardwork has to be put in though. It takes time, you'll have blips in the road which is completely normal and ok - it's ok to have bad days, but to move forward, being kind to yourself is so important, and reminding yourself you can get through this
I really don't want to. All i see is I'll eventually move on from family too and become even more isolated and alone in my 30s. I'd rather not continue living depressed just to end up more depressed.

Last edited:
Reactions: WhatPowerIs
nomorelight2

nomorelight2

Mar 17, 2024
I feel your pain mate, I turn 24 next year and I recently had my chance at a career fucked so I'm left with no career prospects, and to top that off I have no friends to fall back onto as I pushed them away because I'm an emotional wreck. When I get some money in I'm either getting a rope or some heroin (most likely nitazene tbh lol) to finish myself off. I suppose you can take some solace in the fact you aren't alone in how you feel. Shits fucked.