VIBRITANNIA

VIBRITANNIA

lelouch. any pronouns. pfp is by pixiv id 3217872.
Aug 10, 2020
at first, it was calming. strangely, i felt at peace with the fact that there were countless bodies lying beneath the ground. seeing the tombstones made me feel as if i was at home.

but slowly enough, i was overcome with fear. as i continued to walk, i felt as if i was prey being stalked by a predator. with each grave i walked by, each name i read, this feeling began to intensify.

i hate to admit this, but i even started running. i felt as if i had to. i couldn't stand the feeling of being watched any longer.

i was only there for twenty minutes at most, and yet that short amount of time made me feel alive; a feeling i've nearly forgotten.

i plan to visit again sometime, and explore more of the cemetery. i want to acquaint myself with death, so that when my time comes, we won't be enemies or strangers.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: 사람이 없어, Painless_end, littlelady774 and 15 others
BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

Enlightened
Aug 6, 2020
I know what you mean.
I've walked through or driven past cemeteries before and wondered what experiences and stories lay beneath the ground, and thought that I'll eventually end up in the same place.
Weird feeling.

Last edited:
Reactions: 사람이 없어, death137, dontwantocareanymore and 5 others
Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
I feel like this thread needs "Cemetry Gates" by The Smiths...

Reactions: Ghost2211, Deleted member 4993, GravityUtilizer and 4 others
Xocoyotziin

Xocoyotziin

Scorpion
Sep 5, 2020
Last time I went to a cemetery it caused a huge dump of some neurochemical in my brain. I got a buzz just from being there.
Then when I thought about all the people, their life stories, and how they all found peace, it just amplified the feeling. Like everything is alright in the end no matter what precedes it, the process of death is infallible and there are no exceptions. It was almost overwhelming.
Wish I felt like that normally.

Reactions: Ghost2211, Deleted member 4993, death137 and 7 others
Busdriver

Busdriver

Mage
Feb 11, 2020
I walked in cemetaries before and I only had one thought: "those lucky men and women!"

Reactions: Ghost2211, Deleted member 4993, death137 and 5 others
Stick

Stick

Experienced
Aug 31, 2020
This sounds poetic

Reactions: Ghost2211, littlelady774, sadworld and 4 others
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
my cousins and i use to play in a cemetery when we visited my great grandmother for her bday (RIP). we would mostly just hangout there and we tried to not step on the people to show respect but sometimes its difficult to know where the square it. anyway yeah....i remember the last time we were there it had a really creepy vibe to it. of course it was an older one. i remember one grave specifically. he wasnt even a year old......maybe not even a day but i cant remember what the grave said other then a name and that the boy was extremely young. i know some of you here will think hes lucky for not feeling the hardships of life but if youre going to comment on my post please show a little respect and also understand he didnt get to know the joys of life either.

i think i went off the original topic of cemeteries are creepy lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Stick, Ghost2211, Deleted member 4993 and 2 others
dontwantocareanymore

dontwantocareanymore

“Doeseverybodyhavetobethegreateststoryevertold?”
Oct 9, 2020
Interesting, @Xocoyotziin. I experience a buzz every time I visit a cemetery, for as far back as I can remember. I have never known this to happen to anyone else, single incident or otherwise.
On another note, most cemeteries give me a peaceful feeling.

Reactions: Stick, Ghost2211, VIBRITANNIA and 2 others
SuicidalDream

SuicidalDream

Jun 1, 2019
Walking in cemeteries is relaxing for me. I like that they're quiet and that other visitors leave me alone. The fact that it's socially unacceptable to approach people in a cemetery really helps my social anxiety. It's one of the few public places I don't feel anxious in.

Reactions: Stick, Ghost2211, dontwantocareanymore and 4 others
death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020
I also walk in a cemetery (yesterday since I comment now) where my father grave found.

• Hugs
Reactions: Stick, Ghost2211, VIBRITANNIA and 1 other person
Eurus

Eurus

Everything Must Cease.
Sep 30, 2019
I've felt a strange feeling come over me as I have walked in cemetery's as well,in fact,there is a cemetery I want to go to for a type of ghost hunting kinda thing,last time I was there after I left I felt so strangely calm.

• Hugs
Reactions: Stick, Painless_end, Ghost2211 and 3 others
karaboudjan

karaboudjan

Tired
Sep 24, 2020
I find wandering around cemeteries really relaxing, especially older ones with elaborate headstones and monuments. It's interesting to read the inscriptions and to think about when someone last read this, or whether there's anyone still alive who remembers this person? I find it peaceful and not morbid at all.

Reactions: Stick, Painless_end, Ghost2211 and 2 others
please_kill_me

please_kill_me

Oct 7, 2020
at first, it was calming. strangely, i felt at peace with the fact that there were countless bodies lying beneath the ground. seeing the tombstones made me feel as if i was at home.

but slowly enough, i was overcome with fear. as i continued to walk, i felt as if i was prey being stalked by a predator. with each grave i walked by, each name i read, this feeling began to intensify.

i hate to admit this, but i even started running. i felt as if i had to. i couldn't stand the feeling of being watched any longer.

i was only there for twenty minutes at most, and yet that short amount of time made me feel alive; a feeling i've nearly forgotten.

i plan to visit again sometime, and explore more of the cemetery. i want to acquaint myself with death, so that when my time comes, we won't be enemies or strangers.
When I was younger me and my grandfather had this thing, before he died, about going to different cemeteries on all my vacations. Whe went to at least 1 cemetery in every country in Europe (but not Russia). Now that he's dead I go to a different cemetery on his birthday and just relax, write, draw or read something and do the same thing we used to do.
Everything is so calm there and almost everything gives a calm vibe. I just love it.

Reactions: Stick, Ghost2211, dontwantocareanymore and 2 others
feast or famine

feast or famine

Tell Patient Zero he can have his rib back.
Jun 15, 2020
Cemeteries have always intrigued me. I remember one time I was visiting a grave. It was a very hot day out in the summer, probably around 85 degrees. But when I was in the cemetery, the temperature within dropped and it was actually cold.

Reactions: VIBRITANNIA, Stick, 사람이 없어 and 1 other person
사람이 없어

사람이 없어

그냥 재미없는 사람인데
Oct 11, 2020
Cemeteries have always intrigued me. I remember one time I was visiting a grave. It was a very hot day out in the summer, probably around 85 degrees. But when I was in the cemetery, the temperature within dropped and it was actually cold.
I've experienced that same feeling before. It was quite bizarre.

Reactions: VIBRITANNIA and feast or famine