WaffleWoman

WaffleWoman

Ready to sleep
May 16, 2023
I had a talk with my mum today i dumped my feelings into her. I talked about being suicidal how ive been depressed for years and why i feel that way the response i got was "go clean your room" it feels like she completely invalidated me. Cant wait to move out once i have the money now

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: cgrtt.brns, Forever Sleep, charlotte_ and 8 others
HopefulSleep

HopefulSleep

Wants to sleep
Apr 24, 2023
When I talk with my mom about my feelings she just talks that I need help or have to move out and says "It is too much pressure for her hearing that", she may emotionally love me but what she does isn't loving and she just wants me alive for the natural affection a mother has to their children.

• Hugs
Reactions: heavyeyes, not-2-b-the-answer, woh6 and 1 other person
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Bit too much to burden other people with this stuff in my opinion.

How are they meant to react? Most of them are slaves to capitalism and don't even know it. 99% of people will see CTB as a bad thing as it means less slaves.

• Hmph!
Reactions: heavyeyes, not-2-b-the-answer, not_actually_human and 1 other person
WaffleWoman

WaffleWoman

Ready to sleep
May 16, 2023
When I talk with my mom about my feelings she just talks that I need help or have to move out and says "It is too much pressure for her hearing that", she may emotionally love me but what she does isn't loving and she just wants me alive for the natural affection a mother has to their children.
I know that what she said came from a place of loving me but i wish she had asked what she could maybe do to help me.

Reactions: heavyeyes, not-2-b-the-answer and Worndown
leftdreaming

leftdreaming

I should’ve been a house cat
Apr 28, 2023

How are they meant to react? Most of them are slaves to capitalism and don't even know it. 99% of people will see CTB as a bad thing as it means less slaves.
With support. Waffle's mom is a horrible person in this regard, and I stand by that. Sorry if this aggressive or idealistic, but I just can't stand by these sort of responses. Never know who's going to read this shit and think "oh I'm a lost cause I shouldn't try and get help" then ctb when they could've recovered. I get that sounds like it goes against what this website stands for, but I really don't think we should encourage not reaching out. Pretty sure these post are why people think we are a suicide cult.

Anyways WaffleMan, I think it's awesome you tried to reach out about how you feel. Your mom is awful for what she said, I'm sorry you had to put up with that. However, the fact that you are moving out soon is really pretty inspiring. Wishing you the best.

• Hugs
Reactions: charlotte_, not_actually_human, WaffleWoman and 1 other person
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
With support. Waffle's mom is a horrible person in this regard, and I stand by that. Sorry if this aggressive or idealistic, but I just can't stand by these sort of responses. Never know who's going to read this shit and think "oh I'm a lost cause I shouldn't try and get help" then ctb when they could've recovered. I get that sounds like it goes against what this website stands for, but I really don't think we should encourage not reaching out. Pretty sure these post are why people think we are a suicide cult.

Anyways WaffleMan, I think it's awesome you tried to reach out about how you feel. Your mom is awful for what she said, I'm sorry you had to put up with that. However, the fact that you are moving out soon is really pretty inspiring. Wishing you the best.
This is a suicide forum supporting people's rights to die, not a place to give help and support though.

Here we do not appreciate things like oh go reach out and get help.

l0stc4use

l0stc4use

lonely
May 6, 2022
This is a suicide forum supporting people's rights to die, not a place to give help and support though.

Here we do not appreciate things like oh go reach out and get help.
that doesn't mean u should basically tell OP that their mom's response was okay when it was absolutely not. u can support people without trying to talk them out of wanting to ctb if they don't want it

• Love
Reactions: loopdaloop, charlotte_, leftdreaming and 1 other person
WaffleWoman

WaffleWoman

Ready to sleep
May 16, 2023

Im not sure if moving out is the best word i dont see myself getting better but i do appreciate the thought thank you

edit: read that wrong thought moving was saying like getting better lol my bad

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and leftdreaming
UninformedLover

UninformedLover

If you see me active on here...its gotten worse...
Nov 12, 2019

If they was a stranger or friend yeah maybe but this is their mother they are speaking about? Bottom line is parents should help their children when they are clearly in need of help and support. It's the bare minimum. Telling your child "go clean your room" when they were brave enough to open up to you is a shit thing to do.

Reactions: l0stc4use
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I don't understand why people see it as being a good idea to tell other people about wanting to die, it will only ever make existing worse. At least you didn't get locked in the prison that is the psych ward.

• Hmph!
Reactions: l0stc4use, leftdreaming, not-2-b-the-answer and 1 other person
HopefulSleep

HopefulSleep

Wants to sleep
Apr 24, 2023
I don't understand why people see it as being a good idea to tell other people about wanting to die, it will only ever make existing worse. At least you didn't get locked in the prison that is the psych ward.
Cause when we are emotional cause of genetic reasons we tend to tell it our family even though objectively family doesn't help with most problems.

Reactions: charlotte_, leftdreaming, WaffleWoman and 2 others
N

niawscm

May 6, 2023
I had a talk with my mum today i dumped my feelings into her. I talked about being suicidal how ive been depressed for years and why i feel that way the response i got was "go clean your room" it feels like she completely invalidated me. Cant wait to move out once i have the money now
She did completely invalidate you, and I think your response is exactly right - you need to move out! It's highly likely that your mother is contributing to your suicidal feelings (if not outright causing them) and there's plenty of hope that things will get much better once you're free of her.

Reactions: not_actually_human and not-2-b-the-answer
B

Buddha.chris

Mar 25, 2023

I have a similar thing happened to me I spoke to my mother as well about my mental issues and what I was feeling she told me to do it already they only care I guess at the last minute when the pain is gone and they can no longer touch you and speak to you that's when they will care the most

WaffleWoman

WaffleWoman

Ready to sleep
May 16, 2023
I have a similar thing happened to me I spoke to my mother as well about my mental issues and what I was feeling she told me to do it already they only care I guess at the last minute when the pain is gone and they can no longer touch you and speak to you that's when they will care the most
Im sorry that happened to you. I think people dont realize the extent of what we are willing to do to escape the pain we are going through so in there mind were just rambling on about something we wont do

ForeverLonely82

ForeverLonely82

Student
Dec 22, 2021
when attempting in my teens and early adult hood My mom told me "You'll go to hell if you succeed".... Bitch, I am going to hell anyway even though given the abuse of religion in my youth I don't believe in any of it, but just in case I'll be fucked in the after life as I am in real life. Bitch should have kept her legs closed.

Reactions: snow leopard
charlotte_

charlotte_

Arcanist
Mar 12, 2023
That's genuinely awful. I'm sorry you went through that. I genuinely don't get how parents could be that insenstive to their child. Her words are completely irrelevant, and I hope that they won't affect you too much. I'm glad you're reaching out, not to the right person but just that alone is great enough. I hope you will find people who take you seriously and be able to move out soon. Best wishes!

• Love
Reactions: WaffleWoman
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
This kind of thing really does get to me. It feels like some parents have children and expect them to be a certain way. Then- if they're not- they just wash their hands of it all saying- I can't cope with you when you're like this. I don't think you have the right to pick and choose as a parent- it's their choice to bring us here. It seems grossly irresponsible to me to just abandon a child when it becomes too difficult to deal with.

Personally, I haven't told my Dad- because I know he would actually care. I think it would break his heart in fact. Still- I'm an adult myself- I'm 43. There's nothing he can do to help me. I do believe he'd try though. I'm so sorry you don't have that support.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori