W

WaitingForTheBusInTh

Student
Nov 18, 2020
I told a friend that I wasnt going to be here in 3 weeks so that she wouldn't be finding out when I stopped answering my phone. She told my mom the next day. I'm 24. My mom calls me and says I either go to the hospital or go to her place 2.5 hours away.
So I was stuck there until today around noon, only 2 days. My mom made me call my family doc for new meds and I told the doc how useless the healthcare system is for mental health and she didn't know what to say. She said if I didn't want the meds she cant force me. My mom left me with no choice. My mom said I could go home if I promised to take the meds. Which I'm not going to do. I'm done and just want to live out my last few days quietly.
Its hilarious how the doctors want you to be honest but when you want to ctb there's constant threat of imprisonment in a psych ward hanging above your head. Jow on earth are you supposed to be honest like that? Safe to say I'm never discussing how I feel again.

• Hugs
Reactions: Fin, nitrogennitrite2, LunarPyotr and 6 others
I

iwanttodie000

Student
Feb 15, 2021
I am so sorry you had to go through all of that. It is amazing how everyone wants to be honest and then when you are about ctb, people freak out. Only 1 person knows about my ctb plans outside of this forum and they are pro-choice on ctb and I know they wouldn't tell my family because they don't know them really. But I've almost let it slip, it's hard to keep it in all the time. I wish people wouldn't freak out. I am worried as my ctb date approaches that I let it slip to someone and things will change and be foiled. Wishing you peace my friend.

Reactions: WaitingForTheBusInTh
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Unfortunately, being honest about our ctb thoughts and intentions never works.
No matter who we talked to, they will only think of psych ward because that's the way (according to them) to "help" us.

This is the only place in which I can freely talk about ctb.

• Hugs
Reactions: Kbeau, Toptock, iwanttodie000 and 2 others
T

Toptock

Experienced
Jun 6, 2020
Sharing your plans very rarely works out. Its unfortunate you are in this spot but take it as a lesson for the future. You literally cannot trust anyone, not even the people here. Lock in your mind that when it comes to your ctb plans, you need to keep them closer to your chest than your cards.

Reactions: LifeQuitter2018, WaitingForTheBusInTh and Kbeau
K

Kbeau

Student
Jan 17, 2021
I told a friend that I wasnt going to be here in 3 weeks so that she wouldn't be finding out when I stopped answering my phone. She told my mom the next day. I'm 24. My mom calls me and says I either go to the hospital or go to her place 2.5 hours away.
So I was stuck there until today around noon, only 2 days. My mom made me call my family doc for new meds and I told the doc how useless the healthcare system is for mental health and she didn't know what to say. She said if I didn't want the meds she cant force me. My mom left me with no choice. My mom said I could go home if I promised to take the meds. Which I'm not going to do. I'm done and just want to live out my last few days quietly.
Its hilarious how the doctors want you to be honest but when you want to ctb there's constant threat of imprisonment in a psych ward hanging above your head. Jow on earth are you supposed to be honest like that? Safe to say I'm never discussing how I feel again.
Sadly I think its essential to keep ctb to yourself or anonymous groups like this if you actually want to do it.

Reactions: WaitingForTheBusInTh