S

skittle-chan

Sep 23, 2023
After successfully passing my exams i was in the state of euphoria where i felt like all suicidal thoughts were gone but unfortunatelly some time alone listening to one song got me back in this depressed state and i understand that i did not recover i just chose to ignore the pain and try to keep living but feeling of helplessness and misery is filling my soul again.

• Hugs
Reactions: moondazed
LonelyPlanetBoy

LonelyPlanetBoy

Oct 22, 2023
Hi there. I also have songs that trigger certain emotions in me. Some happy ones, some sad one and sometimes a strange mixture of both.
But I wouldn't say that this is a sign that you haven't recovered. It's just that something is triggered that reminds you of a bad experience. Compared with the past, how can you handle it and how long did you feel depressed?

moondazed

moondazed

ex nihilo nihil fit
Oct 14, 2023
Congrats on passing your exams, that's a huge achievement and you should be proud! Feeling sad is natural and a very human thing to feel, I'm sorry you're falling into a down state. Music can be so powerful and can sometimes influence our emotional state drastically, it's almost like magic. What song did you listen to, if you don't mind sharing?

Reactions: Enlighten
O

Oncologynurz123

Dec 16, 2021
Same with me for songs. As well as smells. I smell the dead leaves here in NYS and it triggers me. I am on a mission to try to get stuff to cbt.
Hi there. I also have songs that trigger certain emotions in me. Some happy ones, some sad one and sometimes a strange mixture of both.
But I wouldn't say that this is a sign that you haven't recovered. It's just that something is triggered that reminds you of a bad experience. Compared with the past, how can you handle it and how long did you feel depressed?
I passed my exams and was euphoric high for 3 days. Then the shit just came crashing back down around me. Like, so what? What's next?

Reactions: skittle-chan
ManByTheRiver

ManByTheRiver

Bliss
Oct 19, 2023
Songs are powerful things, like smells or other sensory experiences. Songs will link to the periods of life you listened to them in. Because you got depressed because of the song doesn't mean you've not made improvement, just the feelings attached to that song came back for processing. Give it time and you might find that the song and the feelings were just a memory, or not.

Reactions: Enlighten