thesilentoceans

thesilentoceans

hope is a mental illness
Jan 14, 2024
hi,
I wanted to know something. it is that I feel like someone else is present in my brain too. that person has a voice and I hear it in my mind. she conforts me when I'm down but only rarely because she has a cold personality im always conscious of her thoughts what she thinks about a particular situation and her own opinions on what I do. what is this condition called. because I dont think it DID because in DID you dont remember some things because of other alters. on the other I feel she is always with me experiencing everything putting her views and sometimes I give some control of my body to her when im emotionally exhausted and cannot behave properly. does this happen to some one else too and what is this condition called.

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1 and Forever Sleep
_Broken_alice

_Broken_alice

She/Her
Nov 19, 2023
Kind of sounds like a variant of DID. Not all variants come with amnesia all the time. Co-consciousness is also quite possible. That sounds similar to how our thoughts are. It's like one of us fronts (has control of the body), but the rest give their input too. Some things we don't remember when we switch, most things we do. The more jarring the switch, the less chance info gets exchanged at the switch.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Kit1 and thesilentoceans
thesilentoceans

thesilentoceans

hope is a mental illness
Jan 14, 2024
Kind of sounds like a variant of DID. Not all variants come with amnesia all the time. Co-consciousness is also quite possible. That sounds similar to how our thoughts are. It's like one of us fronts (has control of the body), but the rest give their input too. Some things we don't remember when we switch, most things we do. The more jarring the switch, the less chance info gets exchanged at the switch.
could you plz explain the last line it got me little confused

Reactions: Kit1
inneedrelief

inneedrelief

Student
Jan 15, 2024
Be careful with letting it control your body wouldnt trust it

• Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: Kit1 and thesilentoceans
_Broken_alice

_Broken_alice

She/Her
Nov 19, 2023
could you plz explain the last line it got me little confused
In our case, most of our switches are now without amnesia.
If something triggering happens and causes a more abrupt switch, there is often amnesia to go with it.

Until just last year, we didn't even know we had DID. When one alter would switch, all of the memories that alter had went with them. After some things happened, we now mostly are co-concious and usually share memories.

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1