R

rizleechboy

Oct 13, 2023
This is my first time posting here. None of my issues really manifest in my daily life. I get very good grades. But absolutely none of it feels real and I know there is something wrong with me. Either I am actively suicidal or I am almost constantly derealizing. I can do life but it is all far away and meaningless and devoid of any purpose.
I went to my university counseling in the spring and told them about how I was always derealizing and frequently punch myself and they just said I should do outpatient hospital care and that they couldn't do anything for me. I went again to discuss how I had no friends and that I had given up trying and basically they said wow yeah that sounds difficult, just keep trying. The last few weeks I've been very suicidal and texted 988 a few times and I realize now that it's just them giving you links and that's it. I don't think I'll ever use that again.
When I'm derealizing it's not really possible for me to get myself to kill myself. Everything is too far away for me to care about that. I just have to wait until I'm real again and it all hurts and then I can try. The main thing is I want to get out of myself. I hate this person and I want to kill them.
Since I do very well academically and am not visibly doing badly in any way it's difficult for me to prove to anyone that any of this is real. I've planned to kill myself multiple times but I've never gotten to attempt. When I was 16 I had a plan and I knew so strongly that I would go through with it, but my school realized and I didn't get to do anything. Since then I've wanted to kill myself many times but I've never tried. This is because I don't want to have a failed attempt. And at the moment I don't have any methods that I find reliable. I had an opportunity to jump off a tall building last week but I didn't do it. I was drunk and a guy was being nice to me and it felt real at that time. But I think I can't make any real connections with people anymore. As much as I want to.
Despite my distrust of my available methods I think the next time I feel real I will get myself to try. I have to remember that this is all fake really and I should have died years ago. I'm alone here because I should be dead. I think if I remember that, I can manage to get myself to go through with something. I hate it here and I hate being myself.

• Hugs
Reactions: undecided and ipmanwc0
ipmanwc0

ipmanwc0

I'll wait for you ❤️
Sep 15, 2023
Derealization is a struggle for me too

U

undecided

Experienced
Aug 25, 2023
I don't know what country you're in and what mental health services can offer you, but have you told your gp how you're feeling? They should be able to refer you to mental health services. They might be able to help you to find out what's going on and they can prescribe medication and provide appropriate therapy. I wish you well with whatever you decide.

R

rizleechboy

Oct 13, 2023
I don't know what country you're in and what mental health services can offer you, but have you told your gp how you're feeling? They should be able to refer you to mental health services. They might be able to help you to find out what's going on and they can prescribe medication and provide appropriate therapy. I wish you well with whatever you decide.
In the summer I told my doctor about my anxiety and she said it was just normal. I have my heart rate over 100bmp very often. My understanding of medication is it allows a person to function better in the things they want to do but I am able to function well in my life anyway. I think there is just something wrong with me. I'm sorry that this is my response to your kind comment. I feel so disconnected from everything because all of my internal life is in complete contradiction to outside reactions. I don't even really understand what the actual problem is.

• Hugs
Reactions: undecided
U

undecided

Experienced
Aug 25, 2023
In the summer I told my doctor about my anxiety and she said it was just normal. I have my heart rate over 100bmp very often. My understanding of medication is it allows a person to function better in the things they want to do but I am able to function well in my life anyway. I think there is just something wrong with me. I'm sorry that this is my response to your kind comment. I feel so disconnected from everything because all of my internal life is in complete contradiction to outside reactions. I don't even really understand what the actual problem is.
I think you need to find a different doctor ! That's totally inappropriate for her to suggest that suffering with anxiety is normal. So LAZY of her ! 😠