_Minsk

_Minsk

death: the cure for life
Dec 9, 2019
Just think about it, if you want to end things (and make up ur mind), why would it make sense to reward any action that doesn't align with wanting to end things. If it doesn't cause anhedonia then It might cause similar things like reduced joy from activities.
Just my thoughts, might be wrong but just wanted to share. I think all of this might also be caused by other things as well nonetheless

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep
GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
It's all about genetics + environment.

MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
Yes, anhedonia is a common precipitate of suicidality. That's what makes ongoing suicidality such toture.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Yes- in terms of long term stressful goals. Why put yourself through all that if you intend to end things? That can also include recovery I imagine. If someone would prefer to kill themselves over living a relatively peaceful life- why would they choose to make their life even harder by confronting the fears/ traumas that holds them back? Yet- that's what's likely in store for people who want to make meaningful changes to their life.

In terms of the quick fix though- it probably depends where you are in your depression/ anhedonia. I can still enjoy stuff in life. In fact- if/when I'm absolutely sure I will CTB- I may even take a holiday. I actually think it would be awesome for each of us to know when we are going to die. Imagine the fun and money you could spend beforehand! (I don't have dependants to worry about.) So many people literally work themselves to death and die from stress. Personally- I love the idea of not having a future to worry about. Not having to worry about old age, ill health, not having the funds to retire. I think knowing you will CTB can actually be liberating. There's no need to comply with the things that are making me miserable. I'm not a hedonist in action but I'm getting a taste of being one in thought.

Reactions: Meditation guide and Tulip<3