bear_trapped

bear_trapped

taking it one day at a time
Feb 13, 2020
i was self harming and severely suicidal throughout all of highschool. i couldn't see myself making it to 18 or graduating. i had no one after distancing myself from all my friends and sabotaging myself to the point of the only girl i've ever loved to break up with me. she's the only person who's ever cared about me and my well being to such an extreme extent. i asked my mom for a therapist after telling her i wanted to kill myself and never got one. yet i turn 20 this year and i'm still here. i graduated. i had surgery back in december to help me walk better, as i was born with a problem with my ankle. it made everything so much worse but i have a couple more weeks of physical therapy and i should be much better after that. my friends have all moved away for college and i've been alone in my awful disgusting house for months, but i'm still here. the only thing that's honestly been keeping me going is music. i love music more than anything. it might be a small thing to hang onto, but it's gotten me through years of absolute suffering and loneliness. i plan on starting college next spring and getting out of this town. i want to actually try to make a life for myself and have something to be proud of. i want to start dating again, and to be mentally well enough to not push away someone who genuinely cares about me. i want to try. even if it's something small like listening to music, the small things in life can actually really make a difference. i'm still very depressed/lonely and want a therapist very badly. i'm trying to hold on until i can get my license or see a school therapist when i start next year. i want to be able to make it and keep going. i think it's possible

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: SpiderLink, Source Energy, Xernarot and 3 others
Venus13

Venus13

Experienced
Oct 2, 2022
I think certain circumstances can knock people out even when they put up a good fight, but the will to live and experience can be strong and get people out of extremes. Your mindset is true. I'm glad you keep pressing forward. I think you got it.

• Love
Reactions: bear_trapped
bear_trapped

bear_trapped

taking it one day at a time
Feb 13, 2020
I think certain circumstances can knock people out even when they put up a good fight, but the will to live and experience can be strong and get people out of extremes. Your mindset is true. I'm glad you keep pressing forward. I think you got it.
thank you for your kind words. it's such a struggle. i have no one and i don't mean anything to a single soul on this planet. i don't know if i can really make it but i want to try and i appreciate your comment

• Hugs
Reactions: Venus13
pharmacoepia

pharmacoepia

STEM nerd that is pro-CTB. Asmov looks far-out eh?
Apr 9, 2023
I think it's possible to get out of bad mental health situations since it's pretty much just a dysfunction in how the human brain perceives the world. Whether or not a person wants to seek treatment or go out and CTB is ultimately up to them, but I'm a "try everything that might work, before actually CTB'ing" type person. I am suicide-free after getting meds, but I recognize that the human brain is wired differently with everyone so that the same person taking a drug and feeling good could make someone else have terrible sexual and emotional side-effects from SSRI's that have now just been recognized as an offcial syndrome since 2002.

May you keep on moving man. Push through it. Godspeed.

Reactions: Source Energy
Valky

Valky

Petulant Child
Apr 4, 2023
I am very proud of you and so happy that you made it this far.

I can't lie tho, we have the advantage of being young and still having incredibly many doors open no matter what happens. If you are 30 and struggling tho everything is gonna be a lot harder since many of these doors have been closed already and we are unable to open them.

As young people mental illness can ruin our future but we still have options. The same sadly doesn't work the older you get. I can understand why people choose the only door they seem fit: suicide.
If you have already tried all the other doors with no success and no new ones seem to open, you see no other way out since staying in that hallway is just existing and not living.

Reactions: NambaSutra