N

noname223

Archangel
Aug 18, 2020
I was acute suicidal recently. And I was in a clinic where a suicide just happened.

I think isolating yourself completely from your environment is a mistake. It would be the best to uphold a connection to 1-2 people who know your true thoughts. I think committing suicide at this stage of my life would have been too early. I only want a rational suicide not something impulsive.

My friends stopped my suicide and I think this was the right thing to do. Whether I still have the same opinion in one month is a different matter. I have extreme mood swings.

• Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Redacted24, consider and 5 others
aespa

aespa

Oct 23, 2024
I'm the same way, I have BPD and a bunch of other problems that cause me to act impulsively and dramatically. I totally agree with you, its nice to meet somebody with mutual thoughts :)

Reactions: Redacted24
Actovania

Actovania

the same
Mar 30, 2023
Isolating yourself is like being in an echo chamber because it's just your thoughts bouncing around, likely getting worse, without anyone there to check if your thoughts are rational. The internet can be a big help for people to solve this issue.

Reactions: TiredofLife-Thanks
R

Redacted24

Might be Richard Cory... or not
Nov 20, 2023
I was originally thinking to post a different opinion and suggest that severing ties with all would be better, but in thinking this over I've come to your conclusion.
I was really close to being done as a teen 40 years ago. But there was one person that had been kind to me, and as hurt and hopeless as I was at the time, I couldn't face the idea of having this person find out I had committed.
They didn't know my intentions but knew I was hurting.
I just couldn't carry out my plan then because of that one person.

To me it would have been like accepting some wonderful home baked item from someone that made it especially for me... and then tossing it into the trash in front of them.

I couldn't be that...(put word here)
All that to say, I agree with you. :heart:

• Love
Reactions: Sutter and noname223
Marco77

Marco77

À ma manière 🪦
Aug 18, 2024
For me it's the exact opposite. Isolation helps me get closer to my suicide goal without stupid distractions. I know well the human entertainment to make you desist from suicide and confuse you with an illusory happiness. All built over centuries of manipulative activities aimed at making us live to suffer. Accepting existential, stupid and senseless suffering. Cioran said: "there is no point in committing suicide, because one always commits suicide too late."

Reactions: Skele76, Sunü (素女), leavingsoonx and 1 other person
Seered Doom

Seered Doom

A nihilist going through an unrelinquished Hell
Sep 9, 2023
It depends on the person. Some isolation can be good for when you need to actually think and plan things out. Otherwise, it's not really the best

Sutter

Sutter

Oct 21, 2024
Its a reasonable thought. Cant force friends though, can't guarantee those additional connections. A death should be mulled over more than 5 minutes, take more time, it is not a trivial choice nor is it reversible.