• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Tapioca

Tapioca

I wish I could afford a maid.
Mar 20, 2024
I think something else is wrong with me. I've always attributed some things to treatment resistant depression, anxiety, cptsd, adhd, and/or ocd. Or some combo of that... idk I've gotten a lot of diagnoses and not even sure what I have anymore.

I hear and see things.

Active imagination my family always said. In my own world. A space cadet.

For hearing things it's been mostly music my whole life not like top 10 hits or something but like my mind is just always composing music. My own personal sound track. I wish I could write the music I hear, a missed calling probably.

Sometimes when things are bad it becomes a broken up radio with voices that I can bairly hear or whispers that sound like they are right next to me. But all that is outside voices. I know it's outside so it doesn't hurt me. They scare me sometimes but I know they aren't real.

The inside voice is the bad one but that's just my own anxiety I think.

I also see things. Sometimes really neat trippy things that melt into other things and can be rather delightful. Other times it's Peopleish things, shifting shapes. Those scare me but once again I know they are outside things.

I always thought it was anxiety and I didn't mention these things to my therapist. I don't want any more meds or vacations.

The last few weeks things have become bad.

I think I can hear my neighbors talking, but they live a couple of acres away. I keep seeing things that are in the house but I know nobody but my husband and dog are here. I have to stay up till the sun rises and he's awake before I can go to sleep. I can't redirect the sounds anymore or dispell the shadows.

I'm afraid to even Google this. I feel like I'm losing a battle.

Does anyone else have this?

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, landslide2 and Forever Sleep
M

MyTimeIsUp

Perhaps I'll be important when I'm long gone?
Feb 27, 2024
Can I just say, hearing things doesn't always mean anything. We actually hear, see, and feel things when we're under a lot of stress. Quite normal. I know it doesn't sound it, but it is.

Please do NOT Google in this instance. Self diagnosing is the worst thing to do, although I do understand why you want to look it up. But don't, it'll make it worse. Trust me, done it.

I know about this, because I sometimes do, when really stressed. Freaked me out. Called the mental health crisis team about everything a while ago, and the nurses reassured me, that's what happens when you're stressed/anxious. I also had a psychiatrist many years ago, and I saw this thing.. and once I was sat next to a friend, she was talking but her lips weren't moving. He assured me it wasn't anything to worry about, it was because I was under serious stress, and that is how the brain responds.

I hear, feel and see things still sometimes, because I'm under a lot of stress at the moment. When you're on edge, EVERYTHING gets heightened, every little thing. You will hear every little sound you didn't before. I have severe anxiety too, so there's that.

The best way to deal with it, is to distract yourself. The worst thing to do is focus on it, I KNOW how hard it is, but honestly, if you can distract yourself, great. You could literally do anything else but that. Even having a shower or going for a walk, doing a bit of housework. Not sure what you're able to do, but literally anything helps. And keep distracting yourself, it'll ease.

Do you have someone you can call to distract yourself, or even someone to chat with, about random things - your husband?

Have you ever tried adult colouring books? Perfect for this! Takes your mind right off it. Also, crosswords etc. Read a book. Colouring books are great, you can focus on all the different colours you want to pick etc.

It'll be ok

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, divinemistress36, landslide2 and 1 other person
Tapioca

Tapioca

I wish I could afford a maid.
Mar 20, 2024
It'll be ok

You are right it's just the normal stress/depression stuff just worse the longer I keep putting off ctb. I've had spots before just not quite this intense and for such an extended time.

I won't do any googling and will try not to dwell on it.

Not sure how much I can do for distraction but I'll work on it.

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice reply. I hope you start to feel less stressed soon.

• Hugs
Reactions: landslide2
S

sos

Jul 22, 2024
i've had this for about two weeks, i could hear music as well and at times it'd be a static radio sound. along with voices.

it'd usually find place when i wasn't surrounded by distractions, or well; when it was completely quiet.

idk what ended it. it was a period of mostly panic attacks and anxiety.

it does suck and can drive you insane.

i hope that it ends for you at some point and in some way.