DeathIsTheWayOut99

DeathIsTheWayOut99

Warlock
Jun 6, 2020
Everything I have talked about here, I plan to tell her openly. Under one condition she doesn't take me to a hospital.

Im just tired. Anyways last night my brother talked to me again. Super worried he was afraid I would hurt my dad since I was so big on wanting revenge. Though I wanted to hurt my dad, I told him I wouldnt. Then he went on about how he is still afraid I will end my life and hurt myself, that he needs me, that the whole family will collapse if I die, etc.

Though I appreciate his innocence, its just words. Though I know if I die he will probably mentally collapse, living especially for his sake is what is killing me. Obviously I didn't say that, though if I do die I hope he'll understand why.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: sadstuffie, usernameNotFound, ZardozOmega and 6 others
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
If you want to avoid hospital refrain from saying you have a plan or intention. They will just refer to psyc for ideation. I hope they are able to help you find some relief.

• Hugs
Reactions: usernameNotFound, alexit, _Minsk and 2 others
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Everything I have talked about here, I plan to tell her openly. Under one condition she doesn't take me to a hospital.

Im just tired. Anyways last night my brother talked to me again. Super worried he was afraid I would hurt my dad since I was so big on wanting revenge. Though I wanted to hurt my dad, I told him I wouldnt. Then he went on about how he is still afraid I will end my life and hurt myself, that he needs me, that the whole family will collapse if I die, etc.

Though I appreciate his innocence, its just words. Though I know if I die he will probably mentally collapse, living especially for his sake is what is killing me. Obviously I didn't say that, though if I do die I hope he'll understand why.
No therapist will honor that condition if they believe you're an imminent threat to yourself or others. They're legally obligated to intervene at that point.

Alot of us are sticking around for someone else even if only temporary. It's a tough position to be put in.

Reactions: usernameNotFound, disabledandhopeless, TAW122 and 7 others
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you šŸ•Æļø Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
if you show signs of recovery they might not. i told my psychiatrist that i physically hurt my husband and i (with fresh wounds to prove it) and im still walking the streets somehow lol

Reactions: Apathy's Girl, DeathIsTheWayOut99, _Minsk and 1 other person
RedDEE

RedDEE

Life sucks and then you die.
May 10, 2019
Why don't you talk to me instead?

• Hugs
Reactions: _Minsk and Brick In The Wall
DeathIsTheWayOut99

DeathIsTheWayOut99

Warlock
Jun 6, 2020
if you show signs of recovery they might not. i told my psychiatrist that i physically hurt my husband and i (with fresh wounds to prove it) and im still walking the streets somehow lol
Damn lucky lol

Reactions: Brick In The Wall
Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020
I really hope that telling your therapist about all of this helps you and that you aren't betrayed by being sent off to some psych ward somewhere. If your therapist is like the one I have, that likely won't happen, but despite that, I still haven't told mine everything, just because I would rather be safe than sorry. She doesn't know that I hang out on SS all the time or that I plan to CTB regardless of whatever progress I might have made. I'm just trying to delay it as long as I can stand to do so.

Like you, I still think about trying to get revenge on my own dad because of how he was for most of my life. I've wanted to leave him hateful suicide notes and I've wanted to set him up so he finds me after I end my own life, but I can't bring myself to do it. I know that he is a huge part of why I am so mentally unstable, but not all of it.

I also completely understand what you are going through by living for your brother. For me, I have a cousin that I spend a lot of time with who is more like a brother to me than my real one was. Both of us had biological brothers that are pieces of shit, but neither of us ever see them. I also have my grandma who is in her 80s that I was always close to, so I had an escape when my dad was being a prick. Unfortunately, neither of them view suicide and death the same way I do, so I feel trapped.

I wish you didn't have to go through all of the abuse and I wish you didn't have to feel trapped like I do, but at least we can be here for each other until things get better or we get on the bus.

• Hugs
Reactions: Apathy's Girl, TAW122, zi99 and 3 others
DeathIsTheWayOut99

DeathIsTheWayOut99

Warlock
Jun 6, 2020
If you want to avoid hospital refrain from saying you have a plan or intention. They will just refer to psyc for ideation. I hope they are able to help you find some relief.
Tbh I dont plan t harm myself now. Perhaps just the ideation (which she doesn't find a reason to hospitalize me).

• Hugs
Reactions: Lost in a Dream, TAW122, Ghost2211 and 1 other person
RedDEE

RedDEE

May 10, 2019
What is it you wish to achieve by telling your therapist? What do you want your therapist to tell you? Do you want her to tell you not to take revenge on your dad?

Reactions: AmDead and Neville1
DeathIsTheWayOut99

DeathIsTheWayOut99

Warlock
Jun 6, 2020
What is it you wish to achieve by telling your therapist? What do you want your therapist to tell you? Do you want her to tell you not to take revenge on your dad?
I guess just for me to dump everything and get all this anger and crap off my chest

RedDEE

RedDEE

May 10, 2019
I guess just for me to dump everything and get all this anger and crap off my chest

Are you sure dumping this on your therapist is going to permanently get it off your chest? Will the anger still be there afterwards?

DeathIsTheWayOut99

DeathIsTheWayOut99

Warlock
Jun 6, 2020
Are you sure dumping this on your therapist is going to permanently get it off your chest? Will the anger still be there afterwards?
It might be. I could CTB if I want to on my own. I just have to stop being afraid of death

RedDEE

RedDEE

May 10, 2019
It might be. I could CTB if I want to on my own. I just have to stop being afraid of death

If you tell your therapist, maybe that will make the anger go away. But you might be committed to a psych ward for a little while. It sounds to me like the positives outweigh the negatives - I think you should tell your therapist.

DeathIsTheWayOut99

DeathIsTheWayOut99

Warlock
Jun 6, 2020
If you tell your therapist, maybe that will make the anger go away. But you might be committed to a psych ward for a little while. It sounds to me like the positives outweigh the negatives - I think you should tell your therapist.
She knows I hate psyched based on my past experiences with them

M

melp

Aug 5, 2020

Did your brother say anything else? I don't think it's right to say that either. He's just trying to stop you. He offered you something, like help, to change his behavior, anything? Was this conversation helpful, or was it just another word.
If something actually changes in your family's behavior towards you, maybe it's not just declarations. This is also a kind of ultimatum. You put up your ultimatum, your brother tried to present his. I find it hard to say how he will react to your death. If you really are in a bad relationship, what situation are you in? Maybe he just doesn't want to lose the toy.

You don't have to tell your therapist everything, but maybe try to put it all together and present it as a picture, some story. If you are closed in on yourself, maybe somehow I will help you better. Only maybe, but maybe it's worth it. You don't really need to say that you turned the door key in a door with the intention of stepping under the train, but the fact that you are overwhelmed and that you are really fed up is important.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Sounds like the three of you need to go to counseling together to change the dynamics. You've all been through abuse and you all cope by abusing each other. It's a tinder box.

Reactions: InterstateFlowers and Soul
Escargot Shorts

Escargot Shorts

Tears-of-a-Clown Ass Bitch
Sep 26, 2018
I've disclosed suicidal ideation to two therapists before. One would constantly ask me about it (to the point that I was asked to rate on a scale of 1-10 how suicidal i was feeling that day of the session) and then one afternoon, during a panic attack I reached out despite not having an actual plan or method outlined and she invited me to her office where she said she was going to get me into an overnight place, which honestly scared me so badly, I had to spend the next almost two hours convincing her i was fine and i was already doing better and i had to develop an action plan with her which i had no interest in actually using. after i got out that evening, i never returned any of her messages or calls and avoided therapy for several months.

but i've let my current one know as well. he's a lot more hands off about it, if that makes sense. it's kind of only at my discretion to discuss it and he doesn't force the conversation onto me. i think for whatever reason i had worried him recently, though, and he had wanted to talk about it more. but by that visit, a major life change occurred and we ended up talking about that more, without him trying to veer the subject to my ideation. prior to all this, as well, i told him about the things that frustrate me when people try to dissuade me or why the idea of an action plan feels useless. so yeah, i'm interested in what he wants to go over honestly. i think the big thing that really surprised me compared to others was him just straight up saying he can't convince me to not take my own life. it just felt more transparent and sincere, like him not trying to 'rescue' me or something but just an acknowledgement of my autonomy.

• Love
Reactions: BitterlyAlive
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I can relate to wanting to unload everything and unburden yourself, however, it is a risky move, so I'll give you some advice to consider, this way you would reduce the chances of getting hospitalized or making your predicament worse. Since they are mandated reporters (and based on your posts, it seems like you already know this), they have wide latitude or flexibility in what they consider to be dangerous or harmful, meaning that if they believe (something completely based on their discretion as well as their professional training) to meet that criteria (again different from professional to professional) then they would take action against you. During the times I went (well before I was even on SS forum), I always had an air of apprehension and tension during my interactions with them because I know they are mandated reporters and basically like plainclothes detectives that if you say anything that could result in harm of oneself or others, then they would take action against you (safety plan, commitment, and/or detention, etc.).

As for making an ultimatum, sadly, that's not how it works, mainly for liability and ethical reasons (a mandated reporter could face civil and criminal consequences if they failed to act as well as sanctions from their overseeing board/organization in charge of them). They could at the minimum lose their license to practice and at worst, be criminally charged and perhaps sued for failing to take action. Those reasons alone are already enough for most professionals to be safer than sorry, especially with the stakes high. I'm not trying to defend them, but speaking from facts and experience. Legality and ethics (sadly) overrule a patient's demands and conditions, especially in such a case.

I would certainly not go into too much detail about revenge and wanting to get even (could be perceived as a 'threat' or danger), maybe mention in passing and wording, like using desire words (wish, want, like) rather than action words (will, going to, plan to) as that would make a clear distinction between actual danger versus just venting. In the past, when I did mention about my wanting to get even and what not, I was probed and even questioned on whether I planned to do harm or had means to (many years ago). Luckily I didn't have anything at that time nor did I have any inclination to do so. But just the fact that said professional wanted to probe and start to interrogate me (yes I know it's her job to ensure safety and what not), that alone is enough to put me on the defense and double down on caution of my own thoughts and wording.

Also, I would avoid mentioning having a plan, a method, or an intention to act on it. Talking about thoughts and ideation is fine, but again (personally) I would avoid digging too deep because it is very easy to slip up (accidentally) and pay a hefty price for it. You can mention that you fantasize about it as a way to cope (which is a valid statement).

For me personally, since I know (from experience and research) that these professionals are only going to dissuade me from doing what I wish to do (to CTB), would feed me comfortable lies and delusions (I'm too honest with myself that it just annoys me and does more harm than good) to keep me docile, gaslight and dismiss my real issues, or outright shame me for thinking or behaving a certain way, not in line with societal standards or what is perceived normal, appropriate. Thus, I've have no real use for them and at best, a waste of time and money, at worst, risking my freedom and bodily autonomy.

Anyways, I hope you are able to find peace, be able to unload your woes in a healthy manner as well as avoiding hospitalization, commitment, psych holds for letting off some steam. I hope you are able to find my advice helpful for your situation (even if just a little bit). :hug::hug:

I think for past events (grey area, but to be on the safe side), I would be careful of wording and how I frame it. I believe that if it is done and there is no imminent risk of danger or harm to others or oneself, then it would remain confidential. However, if it is something that is likely to happen in the future, then they could still intervene and report it.

Reactions: Apathy's Girl and disabledandhopeless
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
I told mine everything including dates in the past under the agreement I wouldn't do anything impulsive before the dates. I think they work best for you if you're open with them. I've been sectioned once and I've told them some pretty dark stuff, personally I think it should have been 3 or 4+ times already. But honesty and communication is key if you wanna have a shot at recovery. At least in my experience.

Reactions: Sarahlynn
usernameNotFound

usernameNotFound

Feb 2, 2019
maybe write out what you want to say, then you can see how it would feel. I think talking to people about it in real life really helps. They dont bother with me because they know I've been at this a long time and I suck at trying to kill myself lol (no hospital visits or visible self harm).