Cherrypea

Cherrypea

I remember when all this will be again
May 3, 2020
I've been looking around for a new therapist and yesterday met her for the first time. She comes highly recommended, loads of experience and told me she's seen everything in her 20 years of working.
Since I've been microdosing shrooms (which sometimes seem to help and sometimes not) I've a tendency to overshare and also I've normalised suicide in my head I think. So I told her straight off I wanted to die and she asked if I had a plan. Usually I'd beat around the bush a little, no specifics but I launched into my plan with gusto ("pretence of going to yoga, hotel bathroom, note on door to call emergency services, heroin od, I've access to a dark market, I'm a nurse I could easily do it...") then I looked up and her face was a picture. Maybe she'd she not seen it all before after all :pfff:

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, puppy9, antigone_iris and 19 others
R

ronigail9

Student
Oct 5, 2019
I suggest you should get fent instead of heroin on dark web.

Also if you have a "plan" beware of them involuntarily committing you to psych hospital.

It's too bad we can't be ourselves without fear of apprehension. I bet it felt good to let it out!

Reactions: nitrogennitrite2, Élégie, Huntfish34 and 10 others
Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
Sometimes the truth is the one they don't believe and think you are doing so to result in nothing more then shock factor, but be carerful, she may take seriously and bam you are locked up!

Reactions: Élégie, antigone_iris, LastFlowers and 7 others
sadworld

sadworld

existence is a nightmare
Aug 25, 2020
Yeah be careful the psych ward might be waiting...

Reactions: Élégie, LastFlowers, Huntfish34 and 4 others
Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020
EVERYBODY who claims they have seen or heard or tried everything is a liar or ignorant shit who really doesn't know a fucking thing.

The ones to trust are the ones who have the attitude, "I don't know shit, and the longer my 50 year career continues (in the case of my psychiatrist), the less and less I realize I know or understand."

• Love
Reactions: Élégie, antigone_iris, flyaway2 and 11 others
Cherrypea

Cherrypea

May 3, 2020

Also if you have a "plan" beware of them involuntarily committing you to psych hospital.

It's too bad we can't be ourselves without fear of apprehension. I bet it felt good to let it out!
It was very cathartic, I couldn't actually believe I'd said it all!

She said the NHS is not able to offer much help to me at the moment and it's falling to people like her. She asked if my GP knew, and I said not as much and she'd only want me on antidepressants again which I don't want. I don't think she's going to be getting me sectioned but I will try and be more candied in the future I think.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Disappointered, Lostandlooking, Ghost2211 and 1 other person
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
It was very cathartic, I couldn't actually believe I'd said it all!

She said the NHS is not able to offer much help to me at the moment and it's falling to people like her. She asked if my GP knew, and I said not as much and she'd only want me on antidepressants again which I don't want. I don't think she's going to be getting me sectioned but I will try and be more candied in the future I think.
That was a really bold move. I'm glad it helped you in some way. Hopefully this will establish a good relationship with your therapist.

If sectioning was going to happen, you'd never have been allowed to leave the office.

I've always told my therapists about my suicidal thoughts, but I've never admitted to a plan. It's a good balance for me.

Reactions: antigone_iris, TheLostCause, LittleJem and 2 others
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
That was quite brave. I'm surprised they didn't send police to the door.

Reactions: flyaway2 and Lupgevif
Greenberg

Greenberg

nitrogenexit.blogspot.com
Jun 28, 2020
I've been looking around for a new therapist and yesterday met her for the first time. She comes highly recommended, loads of experience and told me she's seen everything in her 20 years of working.
Since I've been microdosing shrooms (which sometimes seem to help and sometimes not) I've a tendency to overshare and also I've normalised suicide in my head I think. So I told her straight off I wanted to die and she asked if I had a plan. Usually I'd beat around the bush a little, no specifics but I launched into my plan with gusto ("pretence of going to yoga, hotel bathroom, note on door to call emergency services, heroin od, I've access to a dark market, I'm a nurse I could easily do it...") then I looked up and her face was a picture. Maybe she'd she not seen it all before after all :pfff:
Please be careful about being overly open to medical clinicians. If they feel you are suicidal, they will contact the authorities to ensure that you do not hurt yourself or others.

Reactions: antigone_iris, LittleJem, Lupgevif and 1 other person
M

Mthom2

Student
Oct 19, 2020
Ha, I love it. We can so rarely be open and honest about what's going on in our lives. I bet you had a huge sense of release.

The medical clinic I go to has some sort of very limited mental health program as well. The last time I was asked about my suicidal thoughts, I flat out told her there's no sense in expecting my answer to be remotely related to the truth. If I was honest, she'd have the police knocking at my front door.

We came to an uneasy mutual understanding that day. She knew from then on out that I'd always lie to her about it. Now, she asks the questions she's required to while rolling her eyes and grinning at me.

It's a shame that we can only be ourselves in an anonymous online community.

Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020
Please be careful about being overly open to medical clinicians. If they feel you are suicidal, they will contact the authorities to ensure that you do not hurt yourself or others.

I don't worry about it because I began treatment with my psychiatrist years before I met my primary care physician, and they know each other, but this is an exceptionally rare situation. (I have actually shown my psychiatrist my copies of Final Exit and the Peaceful Pill Handbook, both of which my psychiatrist has read his own copies of, and my PCP is additionally aware of that also.)

My knowledge is in fact a deterrent to the authorities being called on me (and in any event, the government has explicit documentation of my suicidal ideation, a key element in getting me approved quickly for disability - however, I legally own guns and can hunt, because I've never been a mental health inpatient, involuntarily or otherwise - the government considers it best to leave me alone).

Greenberg

Greenberg

nitrogenexit.blogspot.com
Jun 28, 2020
I don't worry about it because I began treatment with my psychiatrist years before I met my primary care physician, and they know each other, but this is an exceptionally rare situation. (I have actually shown my psychiatrist my copies of Final Exit and the Peaceful Pill Handbook, both of which my psychiatrist has read his own copies of, and my PCP is additionally aware of that also.)

My knowledge is in fact a deterrent to the authorities being called on me (and in any event, the government has explicit documentation of my suicidal ideation, a key element in getting me approved quickly for disability - however, I legally own guns and can hunt, because I've never been a mental health inpatient, involuntarily or otherwise - the government considers it best to leave me alone).
Did you lose your driver's license?

Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020
That was quite brave. I'm surprised they didn't send police to the door.

Sometimes, the assessment involves whether you are a potential harm to others aside from yourself. As a hospital employee, most of our mental health patients were violent and/or delusional. These dwindling facilities and beds are not often apportioned to those retaining a sense of judgment and self restraint. (I can only speak for my sprawling rural region of the United States though, hardly the bastion for Big Brother that the relatively tiny UK is.)
Did you lose your driver's license?

I've never even heard of that happening to anybody over mental health issues. (Incidentally, mine is a dual car operator/motorcycle license.) Is that actually a thing?

Last edited:
Reactions: Ghost2211
Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Jul 23, 2020
Yeah, therapists ask you if you have a plan, but they hope you don't because they can rest easy and don't get their careers on the line if someone dies under their watch.

Reactions: antigone_iris
LooksAtMoonDog

LooksAtMoonDog

Too Long in the Wasteland
Nov 10, 2020
"... have a plan to kill everybody you meet." -Gen. Mattis

"Including yourself." -Me

Reactions: voidliquid and Gnip
Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020
Yeah, therapists ask you if you have a plan, but they hope you don't because they can rest easy and don't get their careers on the line if someone dies under their watch.

For my third and last neuropsychological evaluation for Social Security Disability Income, the interviewer asked me if I was suicidal. Not only did I tell him I was, but that I had money saved for a plane ticket to Hawaii, so I jump into the lava pit of an active caldera on the big island, instantly eliminating my life and physical remains so that not even an autopsy could be performed. He duly noted these details, and my application for SSDI was approved in state record time for mental disability without legal representation (13 months). The Social Security Administration sends me a form to be signed every five years or so to verify I am still alive (so they aren't getting defrauded by somebody who has stolen my identity after death).

My psychiatrist knows that I know there are more methods in existence than one can count. (Actually, if he were to euthanize himself, I might have given HIM some ideas on how to do it!)

Reactions: LooksAtMoonDog
Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Jul 23, 2020
My psychiatrists never bothered asking me if I have a plan, and all my psychologists, while actually bothering to ask if I have a plan (to which I said "no" because they stupidly told me what they would do if I said "yes" before letting me answer) also have been frequently asking me "You don't want to really kill yourself, right? You just want the pain to stop, right?" in a very insecure manner, clearly showing hopes of me saying "Yeah, I'm cool, suicidal thoughts here". Maybe I'd feel fine telling my psychiatrists I have concrete plans, but it's them who don't want to hear it.

TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018

This is a big flaw in the system who claims they want to "help" people but suicidal people are mostly not stupid they know the repercussions of telling the truth and i´d call it a kidnapping not apprehension although it sounds nicer just like involuntary committed also sounds better than kidnapping which it is since they take you against your own will but in the name of the "law", governments are just big powerful gangs that has taken over whole countries the only difference between government and a gang is the one is bigger and more powerful than the other and governments hide behind euphemisms to make the things they do sound morally right i.e. involuntary commitment or arrest = kidnapping or seizing drugs or other items or = stealing/robbing which taxes also is or we could call it protection money like gangs use on small businesses to make them pay an illegal kind of tax not to be harassed by the gang.

Reactions: peacechoice, Gnip, LooksAtMoonDog and 1 other person
Cherrypea

Cherrypea

May 3, 2020

I've been thinking about this and although fentanyl theoretically is more effective I don't think it's that easy to get hold of even on a dm. Whereas heroin is abundant and buyers tend to go back to the same vendors so you can be pretty sure it's authentic by the amount sold and the vendor reviews. I would just get double the recommended dose anyway.

TheLostCause

TheLostCause

Falling Apart
Nov 7, 2020
Wow you were gutsy to tell a mh professional that. I once handed my therapist a note to say i was suicidal and had a plan, detailing it. I got an appointment to go over things with someone, i told them i was going to do it. They sent me home, then ofc what did i do i went through with it and failed. Got offered immediate outpatient help which worked for a bit.
I did it again a few months later, was in general hospital for a week, wasn't suicidal by the end of the week but they refused to let me leave and sectioned me. Horrible experience and now there is no way i am going to be telling anyone more than i get suicidal thoughts, they won't section me just for having thoughts.
I understand the reasoning behind sectioning someone who is unstable and likely to hurt others, but if we choose to leave this world, its our life and out choice, why should we be locked up and prevented from doing with our life what we want.
I would deffinatly be careful with what you say to any mental health professional and if they know you have decieved them once they will be less inclined to trust you again.

Reactions: elfgyoza and Lone_Gray_Wolf
Lone_Gray_Wolf

Lone_Gray_Wolf

Fate plays chess with 2 queens
Aug 21, 2020
Reading throughout all the stories (OP and comments) really makes me depressed about mental health workers. I mean I get them not taking risks to mentally unstable people but that doesn't mean is less desencouraging. Seems like there is not really a way out once you get too deep in this hole. Sectioned, abandoned or medicated; one after the other with all of them ending in the rare case of finding a purpose or in a coffin.

• Love
Reactions: GoneGoneGone and Meditation guide
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
Yeah be careful the psych ward might be waiting...
Just one reason I don't bother with people in the field of psychology or psychiatry..a soft science with biased judges at the wheel.
It amazes me how much authority they have over a human being, I mean...a normal medical doctor can't keep me from walking away from a "treatment", but call in the psych docs and they will take away your right to bodily autonomy and much else, with a snap of their fingers.

Reactions: Élégie, TheLostCause, sadworld and 5 others
Cherrypea

Cherrypea

May 3, 2020
The mental health care system is so overstretched in the UK there is little provision for those who don't actually go through with the plan or are even in crisis (there was a post on here not long ago from someone who called the crisis team saying they were suicidal and were advised to try a meditation app) so I'm not to worried about being sectioned. If the therapist feels it appropriate I would consider private inpatient treatment. Or would I? I can't really be bothered with anything tbh

TheLostCause

TheLostCause

Falling Apart
Nov 7, 2020
The mental health care system is so overstretched in the UK there is little provision for those who don't actually go through with the plan or are even in crisis (there was a post on here not long ago from someone who called the crisis team saying they were suicidal and were advised to try a meditation app) so I'm not to worried about being sectioned. If the therapist feels it appropriate I would consider private inpatient treatment. Or would I? I can't really be bothered with anything tbh
Sounds about right, i was suicidal, told my therapist. Got sent home only to act on them and get sent home again. Later in the year i attempted again, was no longer feeling as suicidal afterwards but got sectioned anyway. Like if they did that to begin with I wouldn't have attempted at all. Now i have 4 attempts on my record and they are skeptical to trust me but even then they still do. I still recieve my full medication prescription even after it was advised by the mh act team to only give me 1week supply max.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: sadworld