Dr.Sleep (Im tired)

Dr.Sleep (Im tired)

Ave Maria
Feb 26, 2023
For context, I posted here about a month ago upon the thesis that i am tired all the time. Well, i have narrowed it down to the major and minor components contributing to the issue.
  1. My diet sucks
    • i live in the states, so most of the food i consume is processed food from the dining hall. I think the carbs and fats take a while to digest, hence why the sloth feeling. Started to try to integrate fruits into my diet, the sugars in apples and in oranges help me keep my energy up.
  2. my sleep schedule sucks
    • classes at 8, in bed around 1, sound familiar? I remembered something about watching the sun rise/set helps one's circadian rythem adapt and how it manages production of melatonin better. Started to go for walks, or just go sit outside for a little during the sunset and began taking decreasing amounts of sleep aid. worked for me
  3. poor stress management
    • I absolutely thrive under stressful environments, at least from a functional standpoint. however, it's not sustainable. i started to get my classwork done earlier so i can sit and enjoy the outside for the light hours of the day. I still find time to relax, but i make sure that my form of "relaxing" is non brain intensive. I used to program and theories chemical equations for fun, but found that this contributes to my overall stress. I still find time to program, but i make sure it is not the dominate thing i am doing whilst relaxing.
Thank you to everyone who suggested sleeping ailments, but i think i just need a bit of self determination. Feel free to ask me for more details if you so desire.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Xernarot, FacePALM, epic and 1 other person
MidnightDream

MidnightDream

Warlock
Sep 5, 2022
Can you DM me the steps in this post? I really need to start living by this

• Hugs
Reactions: FacePALM