Luchs

Luchs

kristallene Bergluft über verfallener Gruft
Aug 20, 2019
I don't think I'll ctb anytime soon, but having a certain way out any time you want is kind of comforting.

I would write my goodbye letter, leave it in my room, then grab my pistol and all the ammunition I have. Then I'd pack a backpack full of camping supplies and put on hiking clothes. Then I'd just aimlessly wander out into a big uninhabited forest, do what I want and shoot stuff until I think it's time and then I'd shhot myself. I don't want to be found, maybe I'll even not say I'll ctb in my note.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Reactions: Baskol1
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
Wait, why are you randomly shooting stuff before you ctb? Also, this is rather weird because you are basically asking if a gun is a good way to go. The rest is not really part of the method?

Reactions: Baskol1
Luchs

Luchs

Aug 20, 2019
Wait, why are you randomly shooting stuff before you ctb? Also, this is rather weird because you are basically asking if a gun is a good way to go. The rest is not really part of the method?
Maybe method was not the right word, english is not my native language. It is more about the procedure of things around it.

As to the shooting stuff part, I like to target shoot and so I thought I'd shoot some beercans and stuff like that.

Reactions: Sunset764, Godofdeathftw and Baskol1
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
Maybe method was not the right word, english is not my native language. It is more about the procedure of things around it.

As to the shooting stuff part, I like to target shoot and so I thought I'd shoot some beercans and stuff like that.

Aha, sorry. Misunderstandings. :) Good luck if you decide to do it, and good luck with life!

Reactions: Sunset764 and Luchs
GeorgeJL

GeorgeJL

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2019
I am not convinced that shooting yourself is painless. Many cells will still have neurotransmitters, blood, and oxygen all things needed to feel pain.

Reactions: Lookingforabus
Luchs

Luchs

Aug 20, 2019
I
I am not convinced that shooting yourself is painless. Many cells will still have neurotransmitters, blood, and oxygen all things needed to feel pain.
I don't really care about that. Honestly, a painless death wood be too good for me, I'll be trying to hit the brainstem, that should ensure a quick, though probably not painless death.
But since I probably won't ctb in the foreseeable future I have some time to think everything through.

Reactions: Rhea
GeorgeJL

GeorgeJL

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2019
I don't really care about that. Honestly, a painless death wood be too good for me, I'll be trying to hit the brainstem, that should ensure a quick, though probably not painless death.
That's messed up.

Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
That's messed up.

We all want different things from our own deaths, @GeorgeJL. I think a lot of us place swiftness & certainty over supposed painlessness.

Reactions: Godofdeathftw, Smashingairwaves, Thanatos and 1 other person
aviator8

aviator8

Aug 22, 2019
my preffered method would be ratdiation exposure because i want to turn myelf inside out or maybe floating myself without an EVA suit...so I guess I prioritize an unique method over any other.

Reactions: Soul and Baskol1
B

Bukmeikara1

Jul 29, 2019
Just dont do it for the wrong reasons. If you are leaving a letter than it shouldnt bug you if they find your body.If you are going to do it, take enough time to consider what you are actually doing. The forest should provide you with enough silence, dont waste it on shooting things. If anything appreciate the moment, no mather what you do afterwards. And if you actually continue with the plan, look up the optimal way to shoot yourself because even with headshots there are like 5/100 people who survive and live on with the scars.

Reactions: Soul
aviator8

aviator8

Aug 22, 2019
a friend of a friend survived a head shot but lost the ability to walk with one leg, write, and speak without difficulty. also from then on he had the intelligence of someone between 5 and 14 so for me the steaks are way tooo high even with such a slim chance of failure.

aviator8

aviator8

Aug 22, 2019
I almost think the pain is part of the experience...after all ive done that makes me want to die I have almost an urge to suffer as I go as a slight penance so to speak for every reason I have to die.

Reactions: Soul and Baskol1
Laststop

Laststop

Experienced
Jul 9, 2019
I don't think I'll ctb anytime soon, but having a certain way out any time you want is kind of comforting.

I would write my goodbye letter, leave it in my room, then grab my pistol and all the ammunition I have. Then I'd pack a backpack full of camping supplies and put on hiking clothes. Then I'd just aimlessly wander out into a big uninhabited forest, do what I want and shoot stuff until I think it's time and then I'd shhot myself. I don't want to be found, maybe I'll even not say I'll ctb in my note.

Any feedback is appreciated.
I too have thought about both shooting myself as my method, and the possibility of going deep into the forest to do it, as not to be found. If I get rid of everything I own, and go to do it with only the clothes and least amount of supplies I need, it'll be like erasing myself from being. Except with those few people left behind who care. And leaving them to fret (only a few a care about) is tough. Also, if I go that way, those people may involve the authorities, and my life could be scrutinized looking for clues as to my disappearance. I like going into the woods and disappearing as a plan. I just worry what it could lead to?

Reactions: Luchs