clown_17

clown_17

Almost gone, it almost worked
Oct 24, 2020
Honeslty embarassed. It's been about 4 hours and nothing so I'm not expecting a response. It was an emergency suicide prevention line. Recovery is bullshit. Hate how people always tell you to call a hotline when your suicidal. Look how that fucking went. Not even sure why I'm here anymore. And I can't tell anyone in my life or get irl support because they'll get upset that I was suicidal and make it about themselves.

Anyways I'm going to be mixing sleeping pills (zoplicone) and alcohol. What should I expect? This isn't a ctb thing I just want to get fucked up. Will I even feel it or just pass out? Genuinley asking

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: FuneralCry, hʚll, littlelungs and 4 others
Manaaja

Manaaja

euROPE
Sep 10, 2018
Sorry to hear that. No need to be embarrassed. Most likely they are just extremely busy. There's an official mental health chat I use, During the summer they had lots of volunteers working so the waiting times were "only" 0,5-2 hours. A few days ago I had to wait over 3 hours by which time it was almost 11pm.

I understand the feeling. When in a very suicidal moment you often feel a really strong need to talk to someone, to have proof that someone cares, to have proof that you are needed and loved and don't need to ctb, but when no-one answers, it makes you feel like you don't matter. Sorry again that no one answered.

I'd suggest trying to find a mental health chat, but of course if you need to talk right away and the chat has long waiting times that sucks too. But you could at least open a chat, go do something else and then come back so it could be a last resort.

It's terrible that most people react badly when you tell them about suicidal thoughts. I once told my ex-friend and it went really badly too. Like you said, he made it about himself.

I have no idea what would happen. I would suggest instead getting lots of pillows or something soft and unbreakable and punching them to let the worst of the feelings go away. Or go and run fast. You could even run inside your home if you don't wanna go outside. Or jump with all your might. Or find an empty area and yell all the things you want to. Or you could post here and say all the things you are thinking or write on a paper.

I hope you'll feel better soon even if it feels really hopeless right now.

• Aww..
Reactions: jello
J

jello

Curiosity killed the cat
Aug 30, 2021
I'm sorry that happened. The SS community is here for you if you want to talk. The chat feature on this website can be useful.

Reactions: Manaaja and hʚll
WrongPlaceWrongTime

WrongPlaceWrongTime

Better never to have been
Jul 4, 2021
From what I've read of people's experiences with hotlines, they are a sick joke. At best, there is no answer or they essentially tell you to fuck off. At worst, they decide by some vague standards that you're a "threat to yourself" and call the cops.

Reactions: Rogue Proxy and Manaaja
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I'm sorry you have been through this. I have heard of many people having bad experiences with these hotlines and I would never call one (it would do nothing to help me personally anyway) I can imagine it must be alienating to be unable to get support. I also find it frustrating how people constantly say to use these helplines. I wish you well.

Reactions: clown_17 and Manaaja
Feeding Pigeons

Feeding Pigeons

Warlock
Aug 5, 2021
From what I've read of people's experiences with hotlines, they are a sick joke. At best, there is no answer or they essentially tell you to fuck off. At worst, they decide by some vague standards that you're a "threat to yourself" and call the cops.
I didn't get either of these experiences. I've called the national (US) hotline and the samaritans. They can't speak to you like a person, they can't really say anything. So you end up having a completely one-sided conversation. Its hollow.

Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime
Ren Elsie Jewelria

Ren Elsie Jewelria

I sneezed!
Aug 30, 2020
Those hotlines are run by clueless sheeple. They do not care. Forget them.
And about mixing sleping pills and booze, you'll just pass outot and that's all.
Mixing alcohol and alprazolam (Xanax) is supposed be soooo dangerous but I did it many times, just passed out and that's all to it.

Reactions: Rogue Proxy
Rogue Proxy

Rogue Proxy

Enlightened
Sep 12, 2021
Last edited:
  • Yay!
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and Ren Elsie Jewelria
Ren Elsie Jewelria

Ren Elsie Jewelria

I sneezed!
Aug 30, 2020
@Rogue Proxy
And send animal control along with the police? ;)

• Yay!
Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and Rogue Proxy
Rogue Proxy

Rogue Proxy

Enlightened
Sep 12, 2021
@Rogue Proxy
And send animal control along with the police? ;)
First, only if they get your location.

Second, it's a real fine mess throwing in some pigs there. Baa, baa, here! And an oink, oink, there! Here, a baa! There, a baa! Everywhere, an oink-oink! Old McDonald had a funny farm. E-I-E-I-OHHHHHHH!!!

Last edited:
  • Yay!
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and Ren Elsie Jewelria
callme

callme

I'm a loose cannon - I bang all the time.
Aug 15, 2021
Oh, the bastion of self-help. Those phone lines are plastered everywhere even in real life, because they are the best society can do. Employ lay-listeners in good faith, because they are cheaper than state-employed doctors and give them a list of ready-made words.

In many countries, they exist only figuratively.

Reactions: Rogue Proxy
clown_17

clown_17

Almost gone, it almost worked
Oct 24, 2020
Oh, the bastion of self-help. Those phone lines are plastered everywhere even in real life, because they are the best society can do. Employ lay-listeners in good faith, because they are cheaper than state-employed doctors and give them a list of ready-made words.

In many countries, they exist only figuratively.
Yep. It's embarrassing how it's the best society can offer. On previous times I've texted and the conversation will go like: "what do you think you can do that'll help?" Like… I obviously didn't know that's why I texted. It's upsetting too because I know some people genuinley have them as their last hope and are still planning on living and they're going to be let down.
I'm sorry you have been through this. I have heard of many people having bad experiences with these hotlines and I would never call one (it would do nothing to help me personally anyway) I can imagine it must be alienating to be unable to get support. I also find it frustrating how people constantly say to use these helplines. I wish you well.
Yeah, it's alright I survived. I'm sorry you don't feel that there's even a hotline for you, I feel that way too, not even sure why I contacted them. It's a real shame that the resources offered suck so much.

Reactions: callme