• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

No chances to be happy - dead inside
Nov 25, 2021
I suffered a fraud attack today, unrelated to SaSu. I had a lot of things going on and they were really clever, it happened over multiple days. I just wanted to let people be aware of it and give some advice to help prevent it:

1. If someone calls your phone claiming to be someone, hang up and ring them back. You can make a note of the number first and put it through a website e.g. https://who-called.co.uk/ (for UK)
2. Never let anyone gain control over your pc, esp. if its to do with money.
3. No matter how bad you feel about it, how pushy or convincing the other person is, follow 1. and 2. If in doubt, hang up.

Take care all

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: thinvy, CTB Dream, Dliena and 3 others
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
I'm sorry. I was scammed out of something minor in late 2022 but the fact that I let it happen drives me up a wall to this day. It certainly gives a lot of credence to the human- hating factions among us.

• Hugs
Reactions: CTB Dream
D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
I was scammed 600$ for N from telegram. Yeah not doing that anymore

• Hugs
Reactions: CTB Dream
P

Proteus

Oceanic Member
Feb 6, 2024
Never give your passwords or bank data, period. Phone numbers and email addresses can be forged to appear as your own or a known entity. They shouldn't ask for it either.

Be extremely careful with the programs you execute. Don't open anything you are told to if it isn't public and if you do, scan it first for malware. Read about session hijacking.

Reactions: sserafim
thinvy

thinvy

Woefully Yours, Luka
Aug 7, 2023
I know for a lot of us this seems like common sense, but not everyone knows everything, and some people are more vulnerable to scams, so I'd like to add, very non-judgementally:

The government, Microsoft, IRS, apple, PayPal, basically anything you would ever actually trust with any amount of money will ever ask you to pay them in gift cards. it is a scam. 100%.

if you use some sort of money sending services like venmo or PayPal or Cash app and you get sent some random amount of money, do not touch it! report the transaction! if someone contacts you later saying that it was an accident, do not refund them!!!!! tell them to dispute the transaction and do not respond further. this is a common way to get money ripped out of your funds, as they'll quickly transfer it to another account when you send them the money back, then report the transaction to you as fraud, so you are the only one that loses money in this case

if you get a phone call saying that your relative is in the hospital and needs money, hang up. call or text the relative and ask them first, and call the supposed hospital if it actually even exists to ask if your relative is there. most hospitals will still make sure your loved one is taken care of well enough that they won't die even without payment. don't worry.

and last but not least, though I wish we didn't have people who thought they genuinely could get away with this without consequence, if you ever see some "Cashapp hack" or "Cashapp glitch" where your balance can be artificially manipulated to a higher number than your actual balance? do not do it! you will have to pay them any money you spend. its not free money. youll likely be banned at minimum and possibly charged with a crime and/or jailed.

• Informative
Reactions: Proteus and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
I think that I was the victim of a scam once as well. I got a text saying that an unrecognized log-in from a browser (they said the browser and a fake IP address) was detected on my Amazon account and sent me a link to a website to log into Amazon in order to validate my account. Usually I don't fall for scams, but that time it was like 2 or 3 am and I wasn't thinking straight cuz I was so tired.

Last edited: